Can we get account wide ignore?

I don’t think so. I wasn’t paying attention but they were not level cap when I did it. It just gave me the same mog so my first instinct was to instantly hop on my yak and change it lol

1 Like

Got ya. Yeah that set is just… ew lol

1 Like

I made one of those audible “euuugh” sounds.

Edit: I think they were my Light Forged Dranei, it just gave me the default boosted paladin set and I wasn’t very fond of it for uh, reasons. I swapped back to the heritage set and I like it a lot more tho

1 Like

I think what they meant is that the person I was replying too is on a completely different BNet account to what they’d would play on just to post on the forums.

3 Likes

Yeah that.

2 Likes

No. They do not possess the ability to discuss anything at all without arguing in bad faith. I don’t think it’s possible for them.

i just want what would be best for the wow forums and the overall health and well-being of the WoW MMORPG.

And how would account wide ignores be a huge detriment?

9 Likes

It would prevent them from being able to troll people by switching toons.

To them a detriment to us a win

6 Likes

Because… “Nuh uh!”

1 Like

No it’s actually

" Nuh uh trust me bro "

3 Likes

And what is exactly that in your opinion? Having ways for people to continue harassing others? Having ways for the ignores to be pointless, despite moderation suggesting to ignore the person? Or wanting to have anonymous posting so people can go further with such actions such as hate speech, racism, real life threats, harassment and even with just straight up toxicity.

I mean, seriously, what is best for the WoW forums in your opinion if ignoring the person entirely isn’t?

10 Likes

That’s a really good point.

People against the idea always say it’s bad to ignore people, that you’ll end up in an echo chamber or that you’re too “sensitive.”

Yet the mods themselves say to ignore trolls and not to engage. So, basically, they are saying the mods are wrong.

Hot take.

5 Likes

I’ve seen so many post of people even going as far as saying the EULA is wrong. This sort of thing isn’t really uncommon to see.

2 Likes

That doesn’t surprise me. This is after all the same community that went up in arms because they were forced against their will to agree to a loosely defined social contract after logging into the game.

People will make any excuse to justify their rotting behavior and it’s sad. But you can’t allow yourself to let other people’s ignorance or choices bring you down.

Welp I guess I’m a death knight again

1 Like

As do we, which is why we argue it’s in the best interest of the forum to have account wide ignores be a thing to increase accountability amongst forum users and reduce trolling.

3 Likes

My flags are limited, so yes, I’m selective about where and when I use them. You use yours as you see fit.

1 Like

That is someone who will never admit with words that flagging a post by them could ever possibly be justified, when history tells us that can in fact be the case.

They will however, admit it with actions, by editing a flagged post to try and avoid the moderators ire.

4 Likes

at this point i wish vrak would come in here and say something like on this topic. i legit seen yours, mine, ard paw and lith get flagged on here within the day

why even discuss anything if ppl just gonna chain flag lol. barely no one here wants to discuss just wish ppl be honest n say this instead of reporting lol. like most ppl allegedly have me on ignore but i doubt it since they want to see what i said to report it

you can’t make your own forum topic bc they report it. it’s getting tiring.

There is a rule against duplicate threads on the same topic. This thread has been ruled to be on the topic of forum improvements, and if you know about this thread, they don’t want you creating a duplicate.

If the people you mentioned were a little more observant of the CoC, they wouldn’t get flagged. You seem to have a blind spot for rules violations when you agree with what the rules violator was trying to say.

He’s been pretty clear: if you think something is against the rules, flag it. Even if it’s an edge case you think is worthy of a moderator to double check.

7 Likes