Can we get a Gay racial leader already?

ok, I guess we should be happy that there’s a couple minorities thrown in on an island a new character played by the smaller faction can access for a half hour once.

Inclusion is very important to them, after all. It would be selfish to expect more.

And no one on Azeroth is addressed as being European.

2 Likes

Found another troolluueennel alt.

7 Likes

They are hiding all the future PoC major lore figures on the other side of Azeroth, we will meet them in 11.0

1 Like

No, but most human characters are white. I know you’re being disingenuous by quibbling over the actual names Latin and Asian when you know perfectly well that we’re talking about ethnicities, but I just thought I’d point out that there’s no reason why humans in Azeroth would develop to resemble Europeans and not Asians, etc.

Probably a pointless discussion for a troll thread, but w/e

5 Likes

I wouldn’t mind. A lgbt leader could make for an interesting world view perspective from a different lifestyle. I’m thinking they’ll elect a new leader soon enough I’m Dragonisles. Maybe that would be a good opportunity to do so.

I don’t disagree on the adaptions on Azeroth developing along similar lines as we have seen here in reality, as that makes it more relatable. But the person I was responding too was clearly not talking about that, and was clearly trolling since they’re very pointedly ignoring all the examples of how they’re wrong that have been laid out by other posters.

1 Like

You literally said:

That doesn’t mean “main character”. I point out “literally any” and now it’s still “not good enough”. You’re proving the whole “give them an inch, they ask for a mile”. It’ll never be good enough.

Even though, I literally said this:

Agreeing her character should be accessed more. Her character and not changing some already known character into tokenism.

Also, IDK how Horde can represent human skin color. Humans are on Alliance. OFC, the Alliance will have the variety of skin color over the Horde.

Even though, Tauren are representing native culture, their race are still cows and not native skinned humans.

What do you want?

OP, it’s best to ignore the comments that are negative. Blizzard has shown they are interested in having lgbt relationships and representation. It’ll happen but it will take time.

1 Like

You are absolutely right.

It is completely selfish of me to think that there should be a single nonwhite human as a main character. As it’s been pointed out we do have our island which I am told has 1 or 2 non-aryans on it, and I agree that asking for more is just selfish of me.

I’m sorry for placing my outdated values up on display like this and thinking it would be accepted or for suggesting that we could have a non-caucasian human as a main character.

I’ll try to work on my problems and accept my place in society.

Red flag. Red flag.

The word lifestyle in an LGBT+ context is problematic. It implies that being LGBT+ is a lifestyle choice. People don’t choose who they are or what sex they are attracted to. Not all LGBT+ people live in the same manner.

Furthermore, there’s no indication that being LGBT+ is something stigmatized in the lore of Warcraft, ergo there would not be any difference between how a gay character lives vs a straight one.

Stop talking to yourself.

12 Likes

You’re being facetious and only addressing a small portion of what I said. I’m done addressing you. Continue downplaying representation, I guess.

No, I agree.
We have minority humans in the lore outside of the game, and on the island you can access sometimes as a brand new character for a half hour.

You changed my mind. That’s enough representation.
The game doesn’t need more.

1 Like

Wasn’t it confirmed in an interview with Danuser that homophobia doesn’t exist in WoW lore? So that’d be correct, and then with everything regarding Pelagos and Chromie there isn’t transphobia in the lore either.

4 Likes

They can use magic to do almost anything in Azeroth but the naysayers will screech that they cant accept anything that isn’t “normal” in their outdated ways. Thankfully blizzard seems more open to try things now so they are now the minority.

When Chromie says she’s taking on a female visage Kalec is just like “okay neat”.

4 Likes

Does…does this poster just do this every day with a new topic with no response to stop the trolling from the board managers? These forums are a strange place LOL

4 Likes

Blizzard please start banning people making these threads. I’m tired of seeing this constantly

6 Likes

Yes, frequently multiple times a day.

Talonel and Tuln were a well known plague on the forums in the past. We’ve had silence from them for a while but unfortunately the new expansion announcement seems to have brought them back.

Also given that they left and came back at more or less the same time, have the same trolling schtick, and always respond in each other’s threads, it’s pretty obvious that they’re the same person.

10 Likes

Yup. They always make threads that they know Blizzard won’t touch with a 100 foot poll, and make it as annoyingly controversial as possible. Bad faith concern trolling.

5 Likes