Can we get a Gay racial leader already?

Using magic to get men pregnant is entering peak degeneracy and I will unsub from the game if Blizzard ever pulls any nonsense like that. It’s disgusting.

4 Likes

The mods actually taking action against serial trolls like Talonel will probably be an event on the scale of the Milky Way and Andromeda Galaxy colliding.

2 Likes

It will never happen because WoW is not an adult website and this is not that kind of game. I don’t know why someone would even suggest that.

2 Likes

mathias is bi.

And that’s the problem I have with it.

Characters like the stags in Ardenweald were well done because it wasn’t in your face. They were a gay couple, they told you they were married, but it wasn’t the focal point of the quest or their character.

Gay characters who are gay for the sake of being gay are obnoxious. Not because homosexuality is obnoxious (it isn’t) but because stereotypes and tokenism is obnoxious. It makes for bad writing and bad characters. I’ve said this before on these forums, you don’t write a gay character. You write a character who happens to be gay. It can be a fine line to walk but it’s an important one, it’s the difference between a walking stereotype and a good believable character.

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure we’ve never even seen a pregnant model in-game as well anyways making it more unlikely.

1 Like

I mean Blizzard put Vulpera in the game and overcorrected a naming mistake to push transgenderism into the game. It’s not like they’re above caving to whatever the psycho twitter mob wants.

2 Likes

Posting in a Talonel thread.

No. Some people want her to be because they need that sense of inclusivity but if you look at the story she isn’t. Chromie is in fact a male dragon that when deciding on a human form picked a female gnome, but not because he doesn’t feel right as a male. Chromie does not have gender dysphoria.

Pelegos is another example. He also is not trans by definition but people took his story and stretched it into something they want it to be.

Oh boy.

Fruit loops like you are why Talonel threads are successful.

11 Likes

Wasn’t Draka pregers in the Warcraft movie? Does that count?

How about quite literally any asian, black, or latin character.

They don’t have to be pregnant on-screen; they could just have Anduin’s and Wrathion’s babies show up in-game one day and explain the details later

Bigots like him are exactly why I think Talonel’s suggestions are necessary to implement in the game!

I don’t think it does. In Krasarang Wilds there was a pregnant Tauren who gave birth, but she did not have a special character model. It was sufficient enough that we were told she was pregnant.

1 Like

What? It’s a fox race, you know like the cow race, like every other alternative race in video games since they started. You want that to be an agenda? I hate to tell ya, you are protesting in the wrong decade.

I hear once you hit 88MPH there is hope that you may be able to go back!

3 Likes

Oooh. I guess I missed that one. Or wait. No, maybe not. I think I remember something about a pregnant tauren. Hm.

Okay Talonel

8 Likes

Because pet is talonel

6 Likes

Men can’t get pregnant.

3 Likes

Ahh. I can’t keep up. I use the forums mostly because I’m bored at work. I can’t imagine putting that much energy and imagination into using the forums like that. :rofl:

Nailed it. It’s a modern equivalent to Blacksploitation. At the time, the people making those movies thought it was representation and equal rights, providing opportunities for minority actors…but today we see it as exploitative and enforcing negative stereotypes.

There are right ways and wrong ways to write characters. My favorite example of a trans character in gaming is Claire in Cyberpunk 2077. The character isn’t a trans character, it’s a character who is trans, and when you do find out it’s a relatable and heartbreaking story…precisely because it’s just a facet of the character and not the definition of it.

4 Likes