Can we get a change to the Storm Chaser Achievement?

Hello as of 10.2.6 it introduced a new “Mega Meta” or “Expansion Meta” like the previous 2 expansions. As of this writing it’s possible this one sticks around after the expansion meaning it’s not fully FOMO but my main concern is the Storm Chaser Achievement.

The Storm Chaser Achievement is part of the meta Into the Storm which is part of the meta Across the Isle which is part of the Mega Meta A World Awoken the problem is The Storm Chaser Achievement requires 200 kills of each element storm in each zone which on paper sounds easy the problem though is the storms are no longer on rotation and are completely random and don’t spawn multiple storms but instead pick 1 of the 4 zones and 1 of the 4 elements meaning you have a 1/16 odds of getting the right one you need BUT the kicker is it take a whopping 3 hours to wait for the next one.

For the past 15 hours unless someone correct me please it’s spawned in Azure Span now while this is intentional or not we do not know but I ask Blizzard to maybe take a look at this please.

Just an Idea maybe the storms pick 1 zone for 3 and half days like world quests work and rotate elements then rotate to another zone so in total it would take 2 weeks to finish the achievement which sounds fair because the last thing I want to feel is the right storm and zone I need for my achievement spawned while I was asleep 3am in the morning.

Thank you for your time and I hope this gets some action trending to maybe help those’s who didn’t do this achievement when storms first launched.

32 Likes

I think the odds are even worse if you need ohnaren plains or thaldrasus. Those two zones have only 1 spawn point for the storms but waking shores has two and azure span has 3.

So now you have 1 in 28 chance of getting right element in the right zone for those two.

4 Likes

It’s called a achievement, not a log on and get it for free.
This is the price you play for lacking on chievs when they come out you miss out on extra storms and it takes longer, blizzard should do nothing and you should go back to waiting

1 Like

Yea, anyone who didnt get the achievement at the start of the expansion is pretty boned and it is not fun. I played one character mainly during Season 1 and they have like 40 or so kills for every one of those so I need basically every storm and I may never see ones up that I need as I progress through them. The storm should always be up some where, that would be helpful to start

1 Like

What kind of logic even is this. No one knew Storm Chaser would be a required achievement or that they’d do an expansion-wide meta achievement again. Why does it bother you if they alter the spawn rates or rotation?

6 Likes

I have been trying to finish off this one too. I need snowstorms in the plains and thal but they never seem to spawn when I’m on lol. I always considered content like this to be complete trash but when I get bored between tiers I try to polish some of it off.

They should just make it so a different storm is up every hour instead of every 3 hours so that there are more chances to get the storms that people need.

1 Like

I haven’t missed a storm since Tuesday and noticed the same thing. I actually just posted a similar theory in another thread: Elemental Storm Issues - #3 by Draagnakx-area-52

I’ll copy the last bit here for visibility:

This achievement is incredibly problematic and before anyone comes in with the “you should have done it sooner” This achievement never had a reward tied to it and neither did the into the storm meta. There was 0 reason to do this achievement prior to patch 10.2.6. Blizzard only added a reward tied to this achievement after changing it to be this rng fiesta. In it’s current implementation, this achievement is completely unreasonable and I would argue statistically impossible for anyone that sleeps or does not work from home to complete.

7 Likes

Honestly at this point I’d settle for just bringing back the 2-3 storms per cycle that we had in season 1. I never even realized they nerfed it down to 1 until they added the meta.

Something like 8 of the last 10 storms have been in Azure Span, this is getting silly.

2 Likes

I am in game a lot, and i have not shirked achievements until now. I’m mostly 1 off on most of the required sub metas. I have been done with storm chaser in every zone except the plains for a month or more. It’s literally never there. I will say i do have to sleep sometimes, so there is a chance as mentioned above that it spawns in that small window and i just miss it, but this hurts… (for ref. 29,020 current achievement points)

1 Like

Make it so every zone has 1 storm up at all times.
That would solve this issue.
It’s not fun having the game absolutely block you from progress, and put everything on RNG and hourly-schedules.

They really took the worst from raiding (Having to be online on X times, but in an even worse fashion), and added it to world content.

1 Like

That guy’s being a jerk for no reason. Just ignore his miserable posts.

2 Likes

Even though his tone may have not be as kind as you like, they have a point. A very good one.

Everyone has had a year and a half essentially to farm the achievements that have been available since the beginning of the expansion. Some achievements less time.
If you’re a new player that doesn’t understand the revolving systems that happen almost every expansion when it comes to metas being added, minor meta being apart of a larger one. Even the efficiency of doing any event content while it’s current since there will be 100s of groups. Making it easier.

If you’re more of a veteran you lose both legs to stand on that account. All of the achievements are able to be done with appropriate planning and timing. With full time jobs, school, kids and coaching. People still get them done.
Many of you have months+ left to get these done. The killing 200 mobs portion of the meta, as stated above. Takes 20 minutes. Once you get in the right storm. 4-5 players killing all mobs in a small area force respawn the others. All the storms follow this logic. If it takes you a week of setting alarms, watching wowhead for spawn locations. That should remove any desire to have an already established event to be nerfed. Especially since there are 1000s of players actively working on all of these metas now.
Every single aspect of all the metas, has participation now.

Frustrations aside, lets all show a little more integrity when demanding the sky stop falling. Achieve what was set forth that all of you can get done now.

3 Likes

If Blizzard made a predictable rotation, like it used to be, where we could plan which storm we would go to, everything would be different, this rotation involving probability is very unhealthy, if we had a forecast of the next two or three storms, it would help, one storm every two hours and without an hour break, it’s simple to solve but they prefer to complicate it, I’m distressed, because I only have one left to finish. Only one. If I had known this would be part of the meta achiev, I wouldn’t have procrastinated. :pensive:

3 Likes

meanwhile, been online all day today. rotation - azure, azure, waking, azure, azure, azure. we should start an over/under pool on what will be next. my money is on azure.

2 Likes

I don’t mind killing 200 mobs. That’s not a problem. It’s fighting RNG on RNG with needing the right element in the right zone. Like the other poster said, I’ve been watching all day and it keeps fluctuating between azure and waking shores. I need snowstorm in thaldrasus and fire/thunder in ohnaren plains. There isn’t anyway in knowing if they’ll be up in 3 hours or 3 months. Having them revert to two active storms is just restoring to what it was.

Right now I just check wow head every 3 hours to see if the right combo is up and if it isn’t then I continue waiting.

If I had known they’d make a meta achievement that offered a mount and one of the meta achievements become harder to complete with them lowering storm count then I would have did the grind earlier but unless there’s a reward besides some points then I don’t bother.

I’m not wanting a change to the meta or achievements or kill count. I’d like more storms being up so I dont feel beholden to so much RNG.

3 Likes

You should get off the community council if this is your view. You don’t represent anyone but the antisocial gatekeepers of the community.

7 Likes

It’s azure again.

1 Like

I bet it’ll go back to Waking in 3 hours.

I keep thinking I’ll set a degenerate alarm to check two spawn times in the middle of the night but I’m realizing that may be taking this a bit far haha

1 Like