Can we get a ban on Spy?

baby gnome rogue

#nochanges

hahahahaha, found your last straw did I? lol

The addon may as well automate the targeting, I don’t think addon’s should be able to provide a target macro from sniffing the event log.

1 Like

Well, now you have created an impasse and invalidated your own request, as your problem is not PVE’s problem.

You do understand you can not ban Spy?
Basically, you would have to ban or change the combat log, as spy simply operates off the combat log, and anything can read the combat log, you do not even need an add on to do it.

I can sit in a zone, with no addons and the chat window closed, and still tell you who stealthed, or who ate a fish, or who cooked a spider leg and other pretty useless stuff.

Blizzard thinks differently

I am pretty sure something can be done. There is nothing impossible.

Well, then it is very much a design issue. I will continue to use the addon, but I do hope it eventually is broken because it takes too much away from the game, I don’t care that such an addon existed in Vanilla, we want the Vanilla experience, not a competitive edge that wasn’t intended by having access to the event log.

It’s an unintended exploit in my view.

1 Like

exactly, they broke other add ons from the “vanilla” era.

Who cares? It’s still a rogue.

addon is fine, stop crying and get gud, specially the tryhard rogues learn to play your class because now it really requires skills, the modern rogue with more hands of freedom than their mothers and combo points everywhere is not here. so stop crying

1 Like

I care, gnomes are tasty! You don’t even have to cook them.

Combat log parsers existed in vanilla.

2 Likes

ya, attack the messenger lol, first sign of defeat.

Install Spy. You’ll catch all you want.

1 Like

Yes, but it has nothing to do with the addon, you have to change the core game itself, and be super selective about it, or you will preak some stuff

You do realize that you can NOT target a stealthed player
No matter if you know their name, real ID or player GUID
You can not target what is not seen, and stealth is becoming unseen.
I will be happy to stealth, prowl for me, and let you try everything you can come up with to target me

1 Like

Oh, it was most certainly intended or enemy players wouldn’t show up in it.

Seriously, you can do everything spy does without spy

1 Like

I’m not so sure of that, I have targeted stealthed people before, without the add on.

Yes, intended as what - a dps tracker? I see no reason for this to exist for enemies not attacking you. It shouldn’t appear in your combat log at all - they haven’t engaged you so why should you be able to see “X has cast Stealth.” or “X has entered the area with Y aura.” It makes no sense that these messages appear in your combat log, unless you’re in combat with them.

too bad sap takes you out of stealth. now you have to think which opener to use tryhard