Can we get a ban on Spy?

You’d not be able to see what is going on with your raid group, unless you stand on top of each other.
Easy to do in some raids, AQ40 not so much, etc

3 Likes

what you’re asking for would directly affect pve

1 Like

not my problem

never said it was, just saying not something blizzard is going to do considering the effort they went through to make addons have to function like they did in vanilla

Like threat meters, they blocked the threat calls so they have to function entirely off the combat log and addon communication

I use Spy, as an early warning system. However, I do not like that it is necessary to have. The only functionality I like from Spy is the win/loss tracking, it really shows me which horde I hate the most in game.

I do not like that you can click on a button for a /target macro, from sniffing the event log. This is the part of Spy I believe is detrimental to the game.

1 Like

thank you. Yes.

Pretty sure there’s a KoS list addon that does the same thing

It parses the combat log. You want to break Spy, you have to break the combat log.

you break the combat log you break way too many other things, things that blizzard worked to preserve

who knows, you might actually have to use reflexes to react. OMG, use your reflexes!! I know, its unheard of.

That’s what we in the profession call “throwing the baby out with the bathwater.”

Exactly.

Right here:

the bathwater poisoned the baby.

That may be the case, but the /target functionality is what players abuse with this addon. I am not going to disadvantage myself by using a kill tracking addon if they’re going to continue using this one.

There’s no reflexes… it’s pull aggro and dead

Oh no… might have to use stealth strategically instead of using it as an auto win button.

As long as it’s a baby rogue no one will care.

1 Like

then go slower zoomer.

i mean, it’s not really an abuse though, you can do that with a hundred other addons, it’s just a macro