Can we finally get playable the high elves?

In wow, the term race is used to differentiate between a giant cow person, and a hulk alien.
Its not quite the same way youre using it :stuck_out_tongue:

It really is the same, both are not physically the same, therefore belong to different races. Race and species are used interchangeably within wow.

There’s also a difference between race and ethnicity.

1 Like

Like, if you’re comfortable saying that a death knight, demon hunter, blood elf, felblood elf, san’layn, wretched and void elves are all different races… cool.

Then it works.

There is a difference between race and ethnicity.
But you used the definition used for human races and i intern used the terms for it.

But i dont care enough to get drawn in to a full debate.
If you want to view them as different races feel free.

Tonights patch is what will be a big factor in if i even keep playing my elf or reroll earthen.
So in a few hours i might be off the elf train anyhow haha

1 Like

I am a great believer in “why not both”, but I do highly suggest the view from dwarf level. It’s great.

Warbands might be able to make both more viable.
But im the type to get invested in the one character and then view them of an extention of myself in the world.

And earthen have one thing an elf could only dream of. Actual facial hair.

Yes, yes. Give in to the beards.

Give into the desire to bench press orcs.

Does someone become a different race when they die? You’re a deceased member of that race. Some demon hunters are in fact a different race, some when they die return to the twisted nether. Blood elf looks identical to any thalassian elf, so nope San’layn, physically altered so yes, so wouldn’t a fel-elf since they bleed green.

If you’ve evolved characteristics that separate you from race like growing tentacles, then yes.

It’s how the term is used within World of Warcraft as well, it’s how we define each group as different races, with different racials.

I will? Thanks.

1 Like

More like drink them under the table haha

Okay! If that’s how you want to define it, that’s fine. I’m comfortable with how you want to define race – physical appearance. I prefer a more cultural origin when I define it, obviously, since physical appearance can be changed.

I can have a discussion based off data.

It’s a lot harder to have one based on vibes, since I’m very much not qualified to argue with anyone’s feelings.

So basically you want a blood elf but from the Alliance.

5 Likes

Half & Half, just like the creamer I put in my coffee.

mmmmmm, coffee

Alliance Quel’Dorei are Sin’Dorei.

2 Likes

Personally, I’d just go off of what they call themselves, but you’re welcome to do you.

Asians and Caucasians are the same race, Human, in the real world.

1 Like

I agree.
I was only going off the terminology and definitions they brought to the table.

Same species, for sure.

Race is, in real life and in fantasy, a slippery concept subject to the biases and intent of the interpretor.

We’ve went through this Sledgehammer.

You still cannot answer how a Shal’Dorei is the same race as a Quel/Sin’Dorei, so your point is completely mute.

DHs are using a Technique. Death Knight are Undead and are a multitude of races. Blood Elves are the same and never changed from being Quel’Dorei. San’Layn transformed like Ren’Dorei.

We are the ones being consistent, you are not.

You keep making a claim and not being able to back it up.

Then you would utilize the definition and agree, Ren’Dorei are not the same race as Quel/Sin’Dorei.

1 Like

I did right off the bat, Galathir.

Just because you don’t like my interpretation doesn’t mean it’s invalid, with respect.