Can we finally get playable the high elves?

i have always wanted half elfs, though i was thinking exclusively human+helf. but straight up high elfs would be cool too. silver covenant, in particular but i fear veressa may perish with khadgar and the bulk of the silver covenant when dalaran falls, because not a single thing is mentioned or shown about her, even though alleria is all over the place

they really need to make the void elves embrace the more void aspect and the blood elves to embrace more of the light and sunwell theme. so that they are contrasts of the high elves one for each faction .

2 Likes

All windrunners must be reunited! United in death!

in the end death claims all and there is one windrunner who has domination of it.

https://youtu.be/GgxcvmkPD-I?t=3

She’s gonna go for sure. She started out basically as Knaak’s pet character arm candy. Then she got upgraded to an anti belf device and from there to a crappy character who was ready to change sides on a whim. She’s not a very good character. In fact she’s so bad that, how to put this… remember Married With Children? They put some kid in the series and people didn’t like him one bit, so one day he goes up the house stairs and never comes back down, nobody ever mentions him again, as if he never existed. Something like that.

1 Like

seems unlikely fans of the sc would just shrug.

The Silver Covenant has been an anti belf device since the start. They have almost no lore that isn’t tied to hating on the belfs more than anyone for no real reason. So I’m not even sure why that joke of a faction has a fanbase.

2 Likes

well, this is a war game.

true. remember how they didnt stop garithos from trying to execute their prince who was also a leader of dalaran. and remember how they helped jaina* massacre a bunch of belves most of which had no idea what was going on. oh and remember how when the horde was allowed back the silver covenant and jaina rage quit and would rather watch the legion invade and kill everyone than be around the horde. so im all for their erasure so should everyone.

2 Likes

Were they even a thing in Warcraft III? Or in TBC even? Anyway that faction is a joke and the only reason people support it, no matter how bad it is, is probably due to them believing it’s their only road to Alliance belfs.

3 Likes

he woulda sent them off to die as well. he didnt like elfs dwarfs gnomes. besides, according to one of the lore nerds, there were no helfs in dalaran with the exception of kael and company when they were arrested. i forget the details but sc hadnt formed till wotlk

there were in one of the short stories we find this out when aethas and lorthemar meet for the first time since the 3rd war after the events of tbc but before wrath
at that time they were all under aethas til wrath but they split because many hated the horde and they formed silver covenant under vereesa.

how did this happen when garithos hated all other races. hadnt he imprisoned a bunch of dwarfs too? he was insane

It was anyone with kael’thas. at that time. ill link the short story.
Lor’themar Theron: In the Shadow of the Sun by Sarah Pine (blizzard.com)

ohh so they had a mutiny of sorts. surely the helfs who didnt want to stay horde, didnt support garithos?

Harrornir !

And Blizzard found my weakness, non-elf nature races.

3 Likes

They are not an Alliance regiment. They are a faction of the Neutral City of Dalaran, like the Sunreavers (who also had “High Elves” like you want to define them).

Vareesa has worked with both Horde and Alliance. Vareesa does side more with humans… that should tell you enough about her.

1 Like

Yes and a representative is sent to Quel’Thalas… and he unites with the Quel’Thalas people.

I swear… people are not reading the thread. Runeleaf laid this all out already.

2 Likes

They will be the allied race in Midnight xpac :smiley:
I’m sure blizz will intentionally make them lacklustre just like dracthur, dwarves, the existence of VE, LFDreani, etc,… but they will be there.