Can we finally get playable the high elves?

That are some mighty fel-green eyes he has there.

3 Likes

Except for the fact that they are literally blood elves as seen in their intro/recruitment.

Who were high elves before that. Same race different journey. Just like night warriors.

2 Likes

Ignoring the High Elves that never left the alliance to begin with

They were never in the Grand Alliance. High King Sunstrider seceded from the Aliiance of Lorederaon after the 2nd war. A few people sleeping with human mages in Dalaran don’t represent an entire race of people.

5 Likes

Quel’Thalas was never in the Grand Alliance. High Elves were.

Treasonous Blood Elves.

3 Likes

This is false or a rewrite. Quel thalas was definitely allied with the humans in the 2nd war.

1 Like

Quel’Thalas was allied with the Alliance of Lordaeron, yes.
However, the Grand Alliance, which reformed in the aftermath of the Third War, never counted Quel’Thalas as a member-state.

3 Likes

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Allerian_Stronghold

How very blood elf looking they are.

It’s neither.

The Alliance of Lordaeron fell during the third war. The Grand Alliance came after.

The Wildhammer didn’t technically join the Grand Alliance until cata even. Though they were “allied” with it they weren’t a member state.

The high elves never joined as a state. But individuals did.

2 Likes

Again, a small group of hold outs do not represnt the entire Quel’dorei/Sin’Dorei people. They are a small splinter faction that allied themselves with the Grand Alliance. There are several Tauren who trained under Malfurion, does that make them Alliance members too?

3 Likes

Rather this question is aimed at the wrong problem. Not that alliance tauren isn’t should have been a thing, but rather that the faction system as a whole adds illogical constraints to the game and story.

Basically wow’s worst and longest running case of ludonarrative dissonance.

So you want factions dissolved and all races on either faction

2 Likes

Yes, because that would put ours experience with the game more aligned with the freedom the devs themselves have towards it.

1 Like

Ah, yes. Apparently the very definition of culture does not apply because
 you say so, lmao. I listed multiple customs, attitudes and behaviors that set the Sin’dorei apart. You have done nothing to refute it. You just say “nuh uh”

In addition, there are social institutions, such as the Blood Knights, the magisters and blood magi, the sunfury, and the reliquary, that are unique to the Sin’dorei, and highvale druids for the Quel’dorei, that further accentuates how the two groups match the definition of having different cultures!

If you want to deny they don’t have different cultures, you have to actually invalidate the evidence!!

This isn’t just a Helfer thing, if a Helfer thing at all. This is an actual belfer thing by nature of actual belfers being people that actually embrace belfs being their own unique thing. Something I already explained thoroughly that you apparently just ignored, for some reason. You almost seem like you’re just parroting something you got somewhere else repeatedly, as if repeating the same thing over and over makes it more true, and just ignoring any counterpoints made. It is not provable that their identity remained only about the canon original reason they renamed themselves (i.e. to honor their fallen, and further accentuate the importance of their noble bloodline). You can keep pointing at the evidence that no one is debating proves the canonical reason for why they changed their name all you want, but doing so does not prove in any way that their name remained the only thing that sets them apart from the helfs.

Calling it fact does not make it so! Only an assertion! The claim that politics is all that sets the Sin’dorei and Quel’dorei apart is provably false! I provided the evidence, and explained without you debunking my explanation how it refutes your claim! The FACT is that the politics that set the belfs and helfs apart (the assumptions or principles relating to or inherent in a sphere, theory, or thing) actually meet the dictionary definition of behaviors and attitudes that are part of a difference in culture!!! You can try to refute that
or accept your argument is invalid. Ignoring it amounts to the latter.

Politics and culture are inherently dependent on one another. They are inextricably linked. While certain parts of politics (the Silvermoon blood elves being allied with the Horde for example) are definitely too far removed from culture, others that are intertwined with the attitudes, customs and common personal choices of a nation’s people are definitely cultural by nature. The choice to kick high elves out who spoke against energy vampirism, for example is political, but results in a change in the culture of the Sin’dorei compared to what their culture would have been otherwise.

The reformation has not changed this. High elves are allowed pilgrimage to the well, but aside from a single npc, we have nothing other than customization options to suggest large numbers of helves becoming blood elves, let alone that most blood elves have moved on from their addiction, or given up on energy draining to feed it.

Yup. You’re part of the problem
 i neither want high elves their own race option, nor do I believe blood elves are high elves. They were originally always meant to be different based on how high elves were depicted, compared to how blood elves were. They did not and do not consider themselves high elves. That in and of itself should honestly be all that matters.

I entirely reject the notion of making high elves blood elves. Giving blood elves the blue eye customization option was a huge mistake. Blood Elves have almost always been depicted in the past by and large to be distinct from High Elves. Both official concept art, lore (including the WC encyclopedia that you yourself tried unsuccessfully to use as evidence) and the VAST majority of fan art soecifically depicting blood elves all support this. It should be and stay that way. I did not pick Blood Elves in TBC on the HORDE just for people to pester blizz into forcing me to be playing nothing more than a renamed High Elf that is factionally neutral.

What are you even talking about?

No true blood elf player that believed in the blood elves being distinctly blood elf posted anything that supported the idea. People twisting things beyond recognition is not the fault of be players. It is gaslighting. Your underlying agenda fundamentally makes you intellectually dishonest on this matter.

Blizzard has gotten desperate, and the helfer pop is sizeable. That’s what happened. Nothing else.

Factually untrue. There were many people who said it makes no sense for blood elves to not be alliance if they aren’t third, mutually hostile, faction. There were threads made about it going back ages. There still are people who say it. At some point.

Seriously. Why do people genuinely just spout misinformation without fact-checking? Interpretting the facts a certain way is one thing, but this is absurd.

I agree with the reason you support creative freedom. Sadly I have seen too many terrible choices made by blizzard and other companies made under the guise of creative freedom. Certain standards of narrative integrity and respect of reasonsble members of the fanbase need to come first. Agree entirely that separating warcraft from tolkein was smart though.

The humans that tried to execute the a massive number of the blood elves, specifically their best of the best (at one point it was canon that it was almost the entirety of the blood elves) including their beloved sovereign, were on good terms with stormwind’s alliance. The orcs and trolls the blood elves ended up allying with were/are directly opposed to the type of orcs and trolls that tried to conquer/genocide them decades before, for ideological and cultural reasons that made the Belves willing to overlook race, on top of Sylvanas, being a hero of Quel’thalas who died for her homeland, offering assistance while being allied with the orcs and trolls of the new horde.

Doesn’t apply. There are specific nuances to this debate, such as the nature of fiction, what integrity and quality of writing dictates (or at the very least should dictate) who is or should be catered to for this matter in terms of lore creation, as well as canonical factors (which somewhat ties back to writing quality) that makes appeal to purity inapplicable. Again, I am not a helfer. But I most certainly believe, and feel I have proven, that Belves and Helves are and should be quintessentially different, even if not genetically or biologically (yet
).

No. That is stupid helfer talk and nothing else.

Kael’thas was not some taint upon the blood elves. He was their embodiment. Retcons are garbage and supporting them is too. While kael and those who followed him into the legion’s grasps are almost certainly mostly gone, those who thought similar to how he did prior to that aren’t necessarilly.

Go make helf customized velf, sleeper agent helf scum.

How is this a question? Ofc she is.

No. Blood elf active racials were explicitely stated to be techniques introduced by Rommath, who in turn learned them from Illidan. High elves were never taught these techniques. No evidence they ever learned them. They must have learned SOME means of releasing energy, unless they relied almost exclusively on enduring or mitigating the effects of withdrawal, which might be possible.

No, you aren’t, nor should you be. What you ARE is a damned plague upon the very concept of Blood Elves. A corruption.

The fact that you are, and more importantly embody an exception to your typical canonical blood elf. The fact I am agreeing with a Friggin helfer is not lost on me
 but you both are just different types of helfers, so it was inevitable

Evidence
? More importantly this isn’t even just about fel.
—‐----------‐------------------------

This entire thread is filled with both covert and overt helfers of worst kind duking it out while actual belfers suffer their cumulative cancerous influence on WC’s lore.

Where the hell is soulebreaker Oreboros and Ariël when I need them?!

Normally I am an advocate for the idea that the majority of the fanbase is who Blizz should listen to, but this is just so blatantly an exception for reasons of keeping the races uniquely warcraft and not screwing over people who were enjoying the lore first
 for fel’s sake.

4 Likes

because your name tag literally tells who you are? - Blood elf Mage-

What* you are.

But yes
 while you should never get what you are asking for, Galath is
 insane. He must be stopped!

When did I stop being a descendant of the Highborne? When did I stop being a High Elf? I am a a citizen of Quel’Thalas, patriotic and loyal.

When did I stop being a High Elf? Only in name only can you tell me this, I am still a Quel’Dorei (High Elf) and I am Sin’Dorei.

2 Likes