Can we finally get playable the high elves?

That’s a pretty good guess. I’d buy it, honestly.

3 Likes

Those race slots aren’t exactly finite. And races using the same model should make it trivial to copy and paste the model rigs for the armors they make.

its even more trivial to play an existing race on your faction and roleplay it as a high elf.

3 Likes

Kul Tirans were their poke at Ogres. Based on the body shapes it was an experiment to see how they were received. The bodies for kul tirans match the builds of ogres very closely. They didn’t want to waste a race slot for the horde if people wouldn’t like it.

I don’t think we’ll ever see them because i don’t think kt were well received.

It feels remarkably blizzard to me. Lol

2 Likes

I love it minus my guy umbric turning traitor

1 Like

Indeed.

Speaking for myself I’d probably have been fine with Void Elves if they’d been the Silver Covenant from the start. I really don’t get why Blizzard went and made them from Blood Elves.

5 Likes

Right?

Feels a lot like something blizz may do though. -.-

I’ve long felt this would have been ideal.

2 Likes

The males were fine, but the females has some questionable design decisions. From not even looking like strongwomen combined with baby-face.

And then there is the ridiculous height they were given, straight up competing with tauren.

Then what’s the point if it’s just copy pasta when as i’ve stated before the lore behind alot of cosmetic options captures many different groups? Night warrior ne. Raised dead ne. And vanilla ne are all contained in the same character creator but have very distinct backstories and lore arcs. This feels like a waste. If they’re going to add a new race then they should do all that work instead of copy paste. That’s my 2 cents.

3 Likes

That’s about how tall a playable Ogre would be. It was a dry run.

Because of the very lovely mess that is the invisible faction barrier. Slightly less of an issue now after DF but still there making the game messier than it has to be both narratievly and gameplay wise.

Had it been ogres fair enough, but they are literally just plain humans, towering over everything save for tauren and zandalari. No fancy vrykul blood or anything. Simply gilnean human colonists…

You still haven’t answered why I am not a High Elf.

3 Likes

Licks fel popsicle

You’re assuming EVERY Sin’Dorei did this. Umbric is a CLEAR example this was/is not true.

And that doesn’t make me a different race, even if I did.

2 Likes

using fel magic doesnt make them anything different than using fel magic. Is a warlock a different race cuz it draws on fel as well?

4 Likes

Galathir here:

This guy did :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Blizzard literally said they’re not any different. The Fel radiation will wear off.

Felblood elves are your popsicles.

3 Likes

Here’s where i’m going to respectfully disagree and stop replying. High elves are as distinct from be as night warriors are to normal ne. Same race, different path. The void elf or blood elf names are just that. A broad name to capture the groups.

A potential middle ground that might make more sense is renaming void elves to high elves Essentially making the ve a subset of the alliance elf race. Arguably the high elves have been around for longer in the alliance as the ve are be breakoffs that were like “yo anduin! Ps we do shadow magic now!”