Can we finally get playable the high elves?

Here’s my thinking.

I’m not excited by Earthen, because I feel like they could’ve just been rolled into Dwarves as expanded customization. Of course, the Horde doesn’t have any dwarf race to get Earthen customization, so adding them as a new race makes sense from that perspective. Thus, while I’m not personally excited by them, I’m not going to throw a fit about it either. The Horde is getting something new, and that’s exciting for a lot of Horde players. I’m happy for them.

I’m happy when players at large get more options.

Now, adding High Elves as a copy/paste of Blood/Void Elves, is something I wouldn’t be in favor of. It’d be customization options that could be given to Blood/Void Elves, and as the Horde and Alliance has those races, there’s no reason to add High Elves as their own stand alone race. I’d much rather we got an entirely new race. Maybe Ethereals? Ethereals would be pretty cool.

As much as I want to play a High Elf, I don’t like the idea of wasting so much time and resources to do it. All Blizzard needs to do to complete Alliance High Elves is to add the missing hairstyles to the Void Elves, make it possible to customize one’s nameplate in character creation (making NPCs in the cathedral stop throwing a conniption fit), and add a toggle to Entropic Embrace. That’s the bare minimum left to do.

At most? Add a High Elf heritage armor, and maybe reskin the Void Elf racials if you pick High Elf customizations. Even those, I don’t consider all that necessary.

3 Likes

Again, ignoring those that stuck around with the alliance. Including those stuck in outland not even knowing about the breakaway until after the portal opened again.

Only for them to stay with the alliance.

Which would be the equivalent of destroying someone’s requested toy cause you don’t want others to play with them.

Going back to the fact that the lack of High Elves in the alliance, especially after the AR debacle is nothing more than pettiness.

Ive acknowledged them 3 times. The Silver Covenant supported the Alliance from Dalaran. Thats a small faction of the remaining Quel’dorei/Sin’dorei. They werent this huge group of High Elves with a kingdom aligned with the Alliance. It was Veeresa and group of her followers. What is so hard about that to comprehend?

1 Like

They’re there: both void elves and blood elves can have high elf appearances. Pick your faction and have at it.

3 Likes

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/High_Elf_Wayfarer

Refusing to accept that you have playable high elves on the alliance right now is what is being petty.
Its a name tag youre lacking and nothing more.

6 Likes

Group size is irrelevant when it comes to playability.

And even then, the Quel’Dorei have been repeatedly shown to be a sizeable force comparable to the various playable alliance races.

Don’t use wowpedia anymore. Warcraftwiki is the official community wiki now. Anything else is deprecated advertising spam.

Also these popped up when AR were added.

The Arathi warfront is also populated by high elves working for the alliance. Along with the one managing warfront portals.

ooo 1 NPC, lets make it a new race!

3 Likes

And being disingenuous again…

What does the alliance gain from another faction that is essentially a subset of a different one in terms of appearance? I already think lf draenei were a mistake they should have just been a customization option. Also canonically a sub group of a race can exist separate from the character creation screen. On paper the eredar are completely separate from the Draenei but you can create them in their creation menu.

What would make the high elves distinguishable enough and worth it to have as a whole other race? My head cannon is they split up and joined the ve and be because both of them have those appearances.

2 Likes

I understand the lore, you do not. You are crying to get a race that already exists in 2 forms as your new special true Elf race. If i put a high elf npc pic up next to a blood elf npc with no names or identifiers, how would you know which was which?

6 Likes

Because it would make the game more consistent in what it portrays to us the players and how we get to interact with it.

Sometimes i wish i didnt like elves.
Things would be so much easier if i rolled a different race without any drama attached XD

3 Likes

Theres ogres on the horde, can the horde get ogres than too…for consistency?

2 Likes

This entire debacle is literally one massive ludonarrative dissonance driven by nothing but pettiness.

I don’t get it really. You’re saying waste a whole race slot so we can claim the alliance added them. The character creation screen isn’t lore to me now. Especially now that many different groups for many races are entangled in the cosmetic options. Your backstory is part of your rp and i’d like something more innovative.

1 Like

You are being very petty, yes, i agree.

4 Likes

Ogres should definitely have been a playable race by now.

Why they haven’t been added is anyone’s guess. For me i assume they are simply afraid of designing the “body type 2” for them.

2 Likes

I suspect we’re going to see the SC and Ren’dorei join together in this prepatch.

Maybe they’ll get the Highvale along the way but I doubt it.

Actually what I think is that Xalatath will show up and convince Umbric to follow her to more power and several of his people will follow, then Alleria will go to Vereesa seeking allies to help stop the bad thing and new void elves will be being made and that will start the “rivalry” between Alleria and Xalatath.

Anyways. Joining the two Alliance (or three) factions of thalassian elves will be amazing.

5 Likes