Can we finally get playable the high elves?

see

/10 chars

OMG, if you are telling a joke. I love it. :rofl:

If you’re being serious… oi vey.

3 Likes

This is still the funniest thread on the forums right now.

“I can’t use my imagination to take advantage of what options there are. I need blizzard to do it for me”

5 Likes

Please read through this entire thread. It’ll take a while, there’s lots or posts to sort through but its worth it, because people far more knowledgeable of the Lore have this explained many times over. It never a good look to jump into a discussion and hurl things that have been discussed/debated/debunked long beforehand and assume you just added a meaningful contribution.

5 Likes

Correction, “I’m not going to accept this monkeys paw that doesn’t even include the faction we’ve been requesting for 15 freaking years”.

Sounds like someone can’t RP in this RPG

4 Likes

Anything other than acknowledging that high elves exists in the alliance as a notable faction and has been for years is disingenuous.

People are trying to RP by archaic and petty game design denies them.

Very few of us who are in the camp of “We don’t really need a High Elf playable race” disagree with this point.

Most of us agree on this point of contention, High Elves are playable, we’re just now called Blood Elves.

4 Likes

And there are plenty of people believing in astrology. Doesn’t make you right.

You realize that means most of us support your proposition right? Why are you fighting/debating that?

1 Like

Except that they are not the high elves people have been asking for.

And the reality is that this would have been a non-issue hadn’t blizzard been petty with it and just added them. Since in less than a day people would forget about the restriction that existed.

Yes we are. Are you asking for Alliance Blood Elves?

4 Likes

And back to being disingenuous.

I am absolutely not.

What makes me not a High Elf?

2 Likes

A tiny faction exists, yes. The silver Covenant lives in Dal and supports the Alliance and serves the Kirin Tor. However, High Elves as a unified race never belonged to “The Grand Alliance” (the playable WoW faction) as we know it now. High Elves were part of the Alliance of Lordaeron, which was formed to combat the Orcish Horde, until the 2nd war. After the second war, when the Human led kingdoms of the Alliance abandoned the High Elves, those High Elves renamed themselves Blood Elves.

High King Anasterian Sunstrider, seeking an opportunity to fulfill the Sunstrider dynasty’s debt to Thoradin, grudgingly sent a small force to the Alliance armies stationed in Hillsbrad. The party was led by Alleria Windrunner, a captain in the Silvermoon Ranger Corps

When the Horde invaded Quel’Thalas and began burning the edges of Eversong Forest, Alleria returned to Silvermoon City to warn of the oncoming Horde and when Anasterian and the Convocation refused to acknowledge the threat, Alleria threw the head of a forest troll at Anasterian’s feet, saying that she and her sister Vereesa) had slain the troll near a river not far from Silvermoon. This provoked a reaction from the high king, who had fought against the trolls during the great war millennia earlier, and he ordered the full mobilization of his army to combat the Horde onslaught.

After the Second War, tensions began to arise between the high elven nation and its human allies - humanity came to distance itself from Quel’Thalas; the elven kingdom, in turn, proving to be an uneasy ally. The tension came to a head when High King Anasterian Sunstrider seceded - the catalyst that led to both Gilneas and Stromgarde following suit; a turn of events that changed the face of the Alliance and weakened it considerably.

4 Likes

Your lack of willingness to use your imagination is the only thing denying you. You have the power to play a high elf right now. There are two different player races that you can make look like the racial archetype you desire.

There are also very popular RP addons that let you change what your race reads as in-game, which is visible to everyone else who uses those addons.

You willfully ignore the options that exist for you because they’re not called exactly what you want them to be called, even though they look exactly like what you want. Because you want blizzard to make it so you don’t have to use a teeny bit of imagination.

They are never going to add high elves, because they have already added them twice (kind of 2.5 if you count male dracthyr visage). And if they did, it would be a huge disservice to the alliance players who want a different race and just keep getting different flavors of the same elves over again.

5 Likes

Ignoring the bit going on from Vanilla WoW and forward.

They weren’t part of Vanilla forward. The seceded for their human allies who abandoned them to lost 90% of their people to Arthas and the Scourge, renamed themselves Sin’dorei, and became isolationists until the events of TBC. A super tiny splinter faction supporting the Alliance from Dalaran doesnt make them an Alliance race. Please do keep up.

4 Likes

Both blood and high elves are at telogrus rift undergoing the transformation to become void elves.

So it is completely lore friendly for a person to play a void elf with the backstory of an alliance high elf.

I do hope that the silver covenant becomes void elves so that the whole alliance faction people want is merged in with the faction we already have.

1 Like