Can we finally get playable the high elves?

What if…and hear me out here…what if Blizzard DID add High Elves to the Alliance but made a new model like Kul Tiran…so fat Elves. I’d be ok with that.

3 Likes

Being visually distinct is an important part of being a playable race imo.
High elves would need their own hook. Something to make them stand apart from their counterparts.
I would have no objections to their addition if they wanted to retcon the lore a bit and make them shorter and have a withered appearance.
It would line up with their story and make them not complete clones.

Its not perfect but its something.
I just dont think it would please the hardcore high elf fans

4 Likes

I seen a picture of this in a thread other day and it made me lol but at least the Kul Tiran like elves would have better customization than actual Kul Tiran so that would get me on board automatically.

1 Like

They have not.

1 Like

Maybe you missed it, but there was a war between the horde and alliance. She fought other elves because those other elves fought for the horde. But her ultimate allegiance is still quel’thalas.

Thank you for proving my point.

2 Likes

Think of the endless possibilities for new races if all they had to do was change them from “normal BMI” to “dad bod” or shorten or make them taller! We could have fat Gnomes, tall gnomes, fat(ter) dwarves, short Tauren, fat Trolls, skinny Pandaren!! Or even 1/2 races! Treat it like the game spore! Half Orc/Half Centaur, Half Gnome/Half Tauren, Half Tauren Half Centaur (i think that might just be a cow but lets roll with it) Endless. Possibilities. All they need is a tabard and some loose affiliation to one faction and maybe like 2 of them in a building in some zone no one ever goes to and BAM new race!

3 Likes

That is fair. I mean they could most certainly have cosmetic distinctions. Tattoos/face paint, hairstyles and whatnot. I think that is really what people who want them would expect. Maybe they could base them on the much skinnier, original elf model the TBC alpha/beta!

Me personally, I think screw it. What would it actually matter if they were just superficial, cosmetic differences?

Yeah I’d mostly expect the active ability to change and the others to be slight derivations at best.

Though the community has some neat ideas. I won’t go over them here but if anyone is interested I can share em later. Lol

I mean… I don’t think most Helfer fans would be but I personally wouldn’t be upset.

This is an interesting direction to take it that isn’t often brought up.

I think the majority of high elf fans wouldn’t be into it but I would be!

3 Likes

My issue with things like hair and paints and the like, is that it could just as easily be put on blood and void elves.
Every unique customisation that a high elf race would get, would just take from the pool of possible updates the other 2 could have had.

2 Likes

Another possibility, Shandris gives access to the moon wells for the treasonous genocidal Vareesa’s Silver Covenant because they are SO anti-Sin’Dorei. Then their eyes can have the light/white glow and viola: “Moon/High Elves.”

2 Likes

I know. And I hear you. But in my heart of hearts I find I genuinely don’t actually care. After all this time it feels like one of those things we’re supposed to care about. Out of some supposed obligated to preserve some faction distinction or whatever. But in this case I just don’t. It really just feels like a hindrance to a better experience. Overlap, and blurred lines, and barely distinguishable differences between the many sub-factions is like the entire point of the elves. Why shouldn’t that be a part of the player characters?

Let them share all hairstyles. Let them share just some. Let them have some slightly different face paints. Or let them be the same but in factional colours. I think they’re all fine options.

I’m of the mind that if High Elves become a new playable race in Midnight, they need to be visually distinct from Void/Blood Elves to justify it. Reusing the model for the fourth time is just… painful at this point. Maybe if the Dracthyr Visage didn’t use the model I’d be more open to it, but since they do, I’m not.

I still say the Nozdormu/Alexstraza models would be the best for it. I just don’t know the best way to justify why all the High Elves suddenly look so drastically different from the others.

Rather, they were the obvious AR for alliance in Legion if not for the monkey’s paw that were Velves.

The entire AR system should have just been a means for blizzard to break down the archaic and nonsensical race and faction barrier by giving each faction smaller factions of races related to the other faction.

Like leper gnomes and dark iron would have been perfect for the horde. High mountain and High Elves tossed for alliance. But alas, instead we got a system that merely slapped customization options that should have gone to existing races onto a budget race.

They would need no such thing. Literally all that has been requested was the High Elves blizzard have been dangling in our faces since vanilla and tbc. That was all. But noooooooooo, because petty reasons.

Yes, see Blood Elves.

Here I am. Live since TBC.

4 Likes

yeah, established lore is just so petty

5 Likes

Next she’ll be letting us know Tauren aren’t Minotaurs.

4 Likes

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/High_elf#World_of_Warcraft

Entire wiki informing you that you are objectively wrong.

When did I stop racially being Quel’Dorei?

4 Likes