Can we finally get playable the high elves?

The problem with this, this void embrace is the racial distinction from being a Blood/High Elf and is a part of what makes a Void Elf.

High Elf racials are Blood Elf racials.

3 Likes

Are you then agreeing Vareesa is a traitor?

3 Likes

I would love for Blood Elves to get them too. Farstriders are a heavy part of their culture.

I donā€™t think it would be hard for blizzard to make high elves have a different active racial.

Be pretty weird for them to have Arcane Torrent.

A traitor and a genocidal criminal.

For sure, Iā€™d love blood elves to have both. Whether or not their unique to either.

1 Like

This seems disingenuous.

Arcane Torrent is a technique. Itā€™s about releasing energy, why would one not learn to do this so they too would not become Wretched? Even if they call themselves High Elf?

4 Likes

Judging by your post Fenelon and past interactions, I know we have little difference in opinion.

Where we seem to differ is in implementation it seems. Neither of us get to decide that though.

Different appearances is all that distinguishes dark irons from regular dwarves. Earthen are no more different.

It probably depends on who you ask. I couldnā€™t speak for the avid high elf wanters as Iā€™m not one of them. But I do still like the idea. I probably canā€™t properly articulate why, but I guess the high elves just have a bit of a different feel in my mind. Their whole background was not wanting to get in on the practice of siphoning magic from living creatures. They were cast out. Some fed their addiction with magical artifacts, and some just endured their withdrawals. Their culture just feels different. Scrappier. A relatively small band of hardy rebels. Elves as a whole are cool and complex, and leaving high elves off the table just feels like a big part of their world is being ignored for no good reason. Thereā€™s a lot of good stories to be had there.

Thatā€™s an interesting reaction?

Arcane Torrent is bled over from blood elves knowledge of using mana tap.

It would be an odd line for high elves that left the blood elves partially for that type of magical use to have it.

Though I, personally, think itā€™s much more likely for a modification of EE for void elves to happen rather than a new racial.

Seems accurate enough.

Tbf I expect any high elf stuff to just be added to void elves as a matter of options.

I do have a big ole high elf customization thread that speaks of the possibility of a high elf AR but itā€™s also built around the assumption that high elves will be added to the void elves.

Just covering bases since Earthen suggest nothing is off the table. (when compared to Blizzards old requirements on making ARā€™s)

You donā€™t know your lore then. Ragnaros changed them. For Dwarves, select the darker skin tones and that was probably what original Dark Irons looked like mostly.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure not. Not sure how you gleaned that from what I wrote. I never mentioned Vareesa. But since you brought her up, she never betrayed anyone. So no, sheā€™s not a traitor.

You assume.

1 Like

Then I know you are not talking in full faith.

1 Like

Or how they did Kulā€™Tiran.

As I keep saying, my point of contention is really to fight against the ā€œNo True Scotsmanā€ idea about High Elves.

5 Likes

blood elf = high elf

void elf ā‰  blood elf. came from the blood elves after mutating with the void

whats the difference between blood elf and high elf? void? mutation with something? no, they re straight all the same, but a small portion of them are not part of the horde, like many other races like goblins.

blood elves who are infused with fell are all gone with kaelthas and many of them just are trying to survive, like the alliance ones did sucking magic from dalaran artifacts

literally the same thing

go away or post with a real character

high elves ā€˜ā€˜fansā€™ā€™ dont care, theyā€™re like child in a store crying for something they want no matter what

8 Likes

Built from the ground up with an all new model and customizations just for Alliance, where Horde got rehashes or altered/botched models?

Sorry I couldnā€™t help but point that out because legit.

3 Likes

I see your point, I just know we do agree on the heavy part of the matter :smiley: lol

1 Like

Yes I am. Did you want to refute what I said, or is that all you have?

ā€œTheir name change, even though it was Kaelā€™thasā€™ decree, did come from a good intention. It was to honor those they had lost to the scourge. Thatā€™s still its meaning to the people.ā€

SO why did Vareesa not join her people in this honor? Why did Vareesa consent to slaughtering her own people?

These are your words of what it means to take on the mantle of Sinā€™Dorei.

3 Likes

Perhaps, thereā€™s is no actual information to suggest otherwise.

Either way though I wouldnā€™t doubt blizzard wouldnā€™t be able to come up with something different if they went the AR route.

It would be silly if they did then separately gave them the same racials. Be like if Kulā€™tiran had the same as humans. Or Highmountain had the same as Tauren.

A topic that is rife with the ā€œNo True Scotsmanā€ arguments.

Tbf I could see blizzard modifying the body if they did an AR for high elves.

I still doubt weā€™d see an AR. But I could see it.

1 Like

True. If you set the racials side by side though, youā€™ll see thereā€™s equivalents.

The only AR like race which is very much different from their home race are, VEs and Mecha Gnomes.

3 Likes