Can we finally get playable the high elves?

But… its not. There were elves so distant from Quel’Thalas that they never knew about the name change for the race until rumors of mana vampirism and consorting with demons became common knowledge.

It’s not as if the High Elves with the Alliance Expedition in Outland were aware. Heck, it’s not as if Alleria was aware until Argus.

It is a fact that not all High Elves were Blood Elves at some point.

The Horde with Grom and Saurfang in it, of course.

Yet I constantly hear people try to say, “there aren’t enough High Elves to be a playable race!”

At this point, there isn’t much point to adding them as a separate race, I agree.

[Edit]: Well, unless Blizzard does something out of left field, like say Azeroth empowers all of the remaining High Elves because they’re not touched by other cosmic powers, and we suddenly have a race that uses the Nozdormu and Alexstraza models.

Even that is a pretty meh option though: just add those models to Void/Blood Elves as body types 3 and 4.

Your statement: “Every Blood Elf was a High Elf, but not every High Elf was a Blood Elf.”

It’s actually, every Blood Elf is a High Elf, and every High Elf is a Blood Elf.

Their race didn’t change. This is where you are still not being detailed oriented.

What you mean to say is, Not every Thalassian agreed with Kael’thas’ decree, did not agree with the direction of the Kingdom and did not join the Horde and therefore did not take the mantle of of Sin’Dorei. Umbric is living proof that not even every Sin’Dorei agreed with the direction Kael’thas was taking.

Again… Details… Fliexibility. This absolute thinking is insane.

I don’t say that nor is it one of my justifications. I merely say, they exist already. Players want to play Alliance Blood Elves, I’m not against that. Much like the Kul’Tiran.

I’m just going to side eye you because you equated WC3 Scourge as “Horde.”

1 Like

This is like saying every American is English, and every Englishman is American. You do realize that, right? It’s not so much race as nationality, but in Warcraft nationality itself is enough to be considered another, ‘race,’ by gameplay mechanics. Kul Tirans are literally humans, no different than Stormwind’s humans. They aren’t a separate race, they’re separate nations. Much as High Elves and Blood Elves don’t share the same nation.

Well, the Forsaken came from somewhere, and if we’re honest, use more or less the same tactics as the Scourge, evolving over time to really cover everything the Scourge did. Even Garrosh has to ask Sylvanas what separated the Forsaken from the Scourge.

One can absolutely argue, “Thrall’s New Horde is not the same Horde that destroyed Quel’Thalas,” and they’d have a point. The problem is that the New Horde is made up of members of the old, whom WERE among those whom destroyed Quel’Thalas.

This is one of those details which needs to be swept under the rug.

2 Likes

Not it is not.

It’s more like saying, Every American is Human and every Englishman is Human.

See what I said above about this.

You are showing cognitive dissonance and willful stupidity here.

2 Likes

Which is the equivalent of saying every Blood Elf is an Elf, and every High Elf is an Elf.

I remember the first time I saw a mirror as well.

2 Likes

False. Because Night Elves exist, they are distinct races. So an Elf may not be the same elf.

1 Like

wrong. they’re all elfs

1 Like

You’re so close to getting it, and yet so far.

1 Like

Of course enslaved (by now we know) domination magic zombies/undead are the same thing as willing participants of a DIFFFERENT faction are now “horde.” Yep… yep with some being mindless… yep… yep…

WC3 story with Sylvanas is all about regaining her free will… same with Forsaken… yep…

You keep on being you.

1 Like

Here again… you are showing willful stupidity.

I do not say there are not Thalassian Elves as you describe. I am not the one not having flexibility.

I am just not the fool running around saying Blood Elves are not High Elves or not the “true” High Elves.

EDIT: See No True Scotsman Fallacy

2 Likes

Or as we are led to believe, Trolls.

You’re so close to getting it. Almost there. Just take that last step!

5 Likes

This, this is why I don’t understand so many people in these threads because it’s like hello one of the first lines of our lore is that we are the High Elves renamed Blood Elves.

Also realistically it’s why High Elves as a race was never given because they were already given back in 2007 to Horde as Blood Elves and Void Elves were the off brand compromise version they threw out to try and give Alliance a version.

5 Likes

For real though. A third dwarf race that is neutral. It does basically open the gate for a third thalassian elf race that is neutral. Oh and what’s the coming after The War Within? Why, it’s Midnight, with its plot set in quel’thalas and all about the a reunification of the elves!

Hell, maybe that’s why they’re doing earthen at all! Make it a race other than elves to tear off that bandaid. Plus by comparison, high elves will be an exciting announcement.

1 Like

You mean for the option of Alliance Blood Elves? Maybe.

OR, plot twist. Due to Quel’Thalas’ current direction they, the Kingdom of Quel’Thalas (Sin’Dorei), reclaim their old name and remove the taint of Kael’thas and return to being Quel’Dorei.

:wink: :kissing: :scream: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This also puts Ren’Dorei further away to being their own distinct race.

2 Likes

Earthen are taller, made of rock, and have shiny gems sticking out of them. So theyre technically different from the other 2 dwarves.
They add something new to the game even if the race isnt all that exciting.

I cant really think of anything about high elves that sets them apart as unique from blood and void elves.

4 Likes

Legit Blizzard should give us the option to use the High Elf/Blood Elf race name or just switch us completely over so that you will be High Elf Mage and I’d be High Elf Warlock it would solve this issue honestly.

2 Likes

Primary sticking points tend to be a desire to change the visual effect of or turn it off for Entropic Embrace, the option to choose high elf or void elf as the nameplate, tattoos and Paladin as a class.

The range of how much, or how extreme people get with those options varies. But those are the few remaining options a fair amount of high elf fans appear to want.

(personality I just want tattoos and maybe feather jewelry, I’m quite happy otherwise. I also have a tendency to see my high elves turn into void elves anyways.)

2 Likes

I dunno, I hope not. Their name change, even though it was Kael’thas’ decree, did come from a good intention. It was to honor those they had lost to the scourge. That’s still its meaning to the people. Even if the names have now also become how the high and blood elves distinguish their factional allegiances, it isn’t its only purpose. Not every blood elf is a spiky hat wearing horde soldier. The kingdom is full of regular people just living their lives, but still calling themselves blood elves.

3 Likes