Can we finally get playable the high elves?

And by doing that they would get their racial abilities changed. The lightforged draenei doesn’t have the “gift of naruu” heal spell for instance. Not that it was much of a heal but it is at least moderately useful for speeding out recovery for a non-healer.

Youve lost me.
I like my void elf racials.
Any suggestions that remove anything at all from my void elf, im strongly opposed to.

1 Like

well, did you know that void elves are excatly copy paste blood elf? And no alliance, never asked for playable blood or void elves. They always wanted to play high elves, which are still on our side.

Not to mention, high elves are alliance thing. alliance already was ripped off with elves going to horde in the first place.

The Midnight expansion. High elves will be playable. Silver Covenant! FInally!

If you honestly believe this, why did you make this thread?

1 Like

Because the playable high elves are being manifested.

That already happened on January 16, 2007.

5 Likes

You still don’t know the lore after myself and at least 2 other people in this thread explained it. The High Elves were never “in The Alliance” the Quel’dorei had a brief alliance with 2 kingdoms during the Troll Wars. Some High Elve groups and individuals were friendly with the Alliance and had lived in Dalaran for centuries. The High Elves as a kingdom requested help from The Alliance and were abandoned. 90% of their population died. Less than 1% of the remaining 10% were scattered with a very small amount staying in Dalaran to support the alliance (that abandoned them) because one of them was pregnant with the humans leader of Dalaran’s children. There is no lore that says High Elves as a race of people were ever hugely part of The Alliance. It’s always 1 group of them with a fraction of the total population of the race.

6 Likes

Alliance was nevee ripped off with elves going to the horde.

It made sense with their circumstance and they arent going to haphazardly forgive what happened with the alliance on the drop of a hat.

Also I like creative freedom, they expressed they didnt want to make it akin to toiken.

4 Likes

orcs and trolls tried genocide elves and they decided that joining horde is best option. Right…?

Elves should have never joined horde in the first place.

And true for VE fans too. We never wanted the high elf look on VE’s. It was purely HE players that did.

The methods on doing so is entirely different.

Lightforging has you removing dark emotions from within to reforge your being.

Void is either forcefully mutated into a being of the void (interrupted mid-way) or consumed some void, most likely with the same magic as mana tapping something (yet to be confirmed via lore)

And when they had the opportunity to create that look etc, they didn’t.

If Blizzard decides to go back and make them like you described they can, they haven’t and chose not to.

I know you struggle with change.

3 Likes

Yes, and you can actually read about it on twitter from Danuser and why they did not do it.

Not as much as you do with trying to stay relevant between the both of us.

Ooo

Sounds like I touched a nerve there.

4 Likes

There’s a difference between refusing to forgive the Alliance, and deciding to join the Horde. I think the existence of the High Elves in the narrative was a method for Blizzard to express just how torn the Thalassian elves were.

On the one hand, you have the Blood Elves, the denizens of Quel’Thalas whom largely didn’t want anything to do with other races to begin with, but whom felt their generous aid over the pages of history entitled them to the protection of those other races. The Alliance’s inability to aid them in their hour of need, and subsequent atrocities, left them extremely prejudiced against races they once considered allies.

On the other hand, you have the High Elves, largely made up of elves whom had established bonds of friendship and trust with the Alliance’s races. The Alliance’s failure to come to Quel’Thalas’ aid was understandable, as the Alliance itself was not only in shambles after the fall of Lordaeron, but Quel’Thalas fell so fast it didn’t even have the chance to request aid to begin with.

When you bring the Horde into it, things get confusing.

For the Blood Elves, the Horde was the lesser of two evils, and a means to an end; getting to Outland to reunite with their prince. Yes, the Horde was 75% made up of races which had been attempting to wipe them out at one point or another (including one race, the undead, which virtually succeeded), but the alternative was the Alliance which the Blood Elves felt had betrayed them. Using the Horde was more palatable than relying on the Alliance.

For the High Elves, allying the Horde was a monumental betrayal on the behalf of the Blood Elves, regardless of the nature of the Alliance. The High Elves did not forget the atrocities of the Troll Wars, the Second War, or the horror of the undead during the Third War. How the Blood Elves could so easily accept the Horde was a mystery that could only be explained by presuming they had lost their souls in the pursuit of power.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, but Blizzard missed the mark by making the Pandaren the neutral race. It should have been the Thalassian Elves. The Pandaren have no reason to fight one another, much less pick sides. By contrast the animosity between the Blood Elves and High Elves was every bit as great as that between the Horde and Alliance. Every temporary truce to face a bigger threat, every faction conflict, felt as natural as to these two elven groups as it did to the factions themselves. In a poetic sense, Thalassian elves truly were the perfect race to represent the factions: despite how astonishingly similar the two are, they are opposed on fundamental levels and urged into conflict by old hatreds.

It’s just a shame Blizzard never gave the Alliance the means by which to immerse themselves in that.

#1 the Forsaken are the very humans you speak of.

#2 The “High Elves” are the very same Blood Elves. The most famous to come out and rename them Blood Elves was Kael’thas who lived in Dalaran.

#3 The Horde at this time are “freedom fighters” coming from slavery and more of a confederation, so each group is strongly independent still.

#4 The Horde did not jail their people.

#5 Sylvanas was the finger that tipped the scale (lore wise) for them to join the Horde.

Lastly, the Pandaren player are not “true” Pandaren (some can RP as such) they came from the turtle island and it’s about which philosophy the player character follows. Keep in mind when you add PCs, technically in the world there’s only 1 PC.

5 Likes

I always enjoyed how in EQ there was more freedom about “factions” and would totally be on board to allow it. I’ve been watching Pantheon for years now.

So you want the blood/void elf model (which exists), with the blonde hair/blue eyes optioned turned on (which exists), with the ability to be a hunter, mage or paladin (I’m guessing? Which exists on Horde and probably will make it to alliance at some point) And probably with a unicorn-style mount? (which exists).

What’s missing? You’re not going to get a capital city - no allied race has one and you’d be an allied race. You’d get a heritage set (fair) and I guess the ability to go ‘High Elf babeeeeeee’ in best Moist Critical fashion. But… you’re already 95% of the way there in game. Its not like you want to play a Naga or similar…

Indeed, yet a common point against the Alliance for the Blood Elves is how they felt the Alliance betrayed them by not aiding them.

Meanwhile the Orcs conveniently forget the Forsaken are the humans who once enslaved them in the internment camps.

Basically, Blizzard sweeps a lot of stuff under the rug to justify why any race joins a specific faction.

Every Blood Elf was a High Elf, but not every High Elf was a Blood Elf.

The Alliance at this time doesn’t even count the kingdom which gave Garithos a position of authority, much less any kingdoms to have been in a position to send aid.

No, the Horde only torched the entirety of Southern Quel’Thalas, stole Runestones, accepted Forest Trolls whom have been trying to kill the elves for thousands of years, and also was made up of the Forsaken whom, under the Lich King’s control, wiped out 90% of the kingdom’s population.

Oddly Anasterian was all for the genocide of the Orcs, but the Horde just kind of ignores that.

And we saw how well that went for the Blood Elves, as she used her support to strong arm them into doing whatever she wanted, and taking away their agency.

Those philosophies are nowhere near so diametrically opposed that a pandaren has justifiable reason to kill another just for following a different philosophy.

WoW’s division of races is very out-dated. I wouldn’t mind a, ‘traitor,’ questline or something where you can betray your race’s original faction to join the other. Or just allowing players to pick on character creation. I’d even be open to a, ‘mercenary,’ option at character creation where you’re just neutral, and if you que for PvP, you end up on whatever side needs players.

These humans suffered the same fate they did.

That’s the difference. On top of being led by their former Ranger General.

So say you. It’s entirely possible.

Are you actually trying to use future events to explain past decisions?

Which Horde? Did you play WC3? Now you’re making stuff up.

There are 3 Pandaren from the Turtle Island, JUST THREE. They talk about how they will deal with each other.

I’m beginning to suspect you don’t pay attention to details.

3 Likes

This is why i dont want high elves added as a new race.
Theyre in the game twice over and there is nothing at all that can be added as high elf customisation that could not just as easily be given to the 2 races we already have.

They just dont bring anything to the table

3 Likes