Can we finally get playable the high elves?

Pre or post fourth war tho? There’s theoretically no limit on how many void elves can exist since they aren’t an actual race proper. They’re blood elves with tentacles

1 Like

The Horde has had high elves since 2007.

6 Likes

No more elf races please… at least until we get some more interesting options.

:cookie:

7 Likes

I feel like you are arguing just to argue and not in good faith. Here’s another source, again fan made so not 100% accurate but has citations to support it https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/High_elf

Population

The invasion nearly wiped out the entire population.

Surviving high elves comprise a mere 1% of the original high elven population, with the Blood Elves accounting for the remaining 9% of it. Since Kael’thas took 15% of the blood elves to Outland (i.e. 1.35% of the original high elf population), and since Kael’thas’ army numbered at least 2,000 it follows that the total high elf population is currently at least 1,481 (and at least ~148,000 prior to the [Third War].

I do have no doubt we will be seeing quite a stunning Thalassian city in Midnight though. Because even now Thalyssra remarks that its beauty rivals Suramar. And Nightborne go visit the city and just that one npc can’t stop staring at a fountain. They’re seeing something that is in lore but not updated in game yet. A city that feels like home even though they didn’t know it existed just a few years ago. And when they update the zone we’ll see for ourselves what has The Nightborne so impressed. Because it’s certainly not those 2D Kael’thas statues And unfinished buildings we see now

5 Likes

The moon guard were also talking about visiting Silvermoon during Suramar before the writing team started pushing more faction war. Hopefully they do get their tour.

IIRC they replaced the Kael’thas statues with priestess of the moon statues in Mists (or Cata? But essentially the same statues you find in old temples of Elune)

I hope they do. It’s a place for all highborne to see. A city to remind elves who and what they truly were and can he again. That lecture Elisande gave to all the elves before time locking them is one they all needed to hear.

Also unfortunately those Kael’thas statues are still there. Only the fountains have dancing Thalassian ladies instead for statues. But I highly doubt they’re there now at least in lore and specially now that Suramar and Silvermoon are joined in marriage.

Another thing we forget is the Horde has the most stable portal network on the planet now because of the Nightborne leyscrying techniques which anchor them to the world rather than having gaping holes in reality which is what the alliance STILL does.

Even Stellagosa was impressed upon meeting Valtrois and watching her find ley lines with ALMOST as much ease as blue dragon who can see them

17 Likes

If you make an alliance dracthyr when you get to the ally portal room first thing a fellow drac says is the place reeks of blue dragon magic and then says “they have to STUDY magic?!”. Not at all impressed. Meanwhile the dark talons who went to orgrimmar often remark that while most horde races are sloppy misfits that they admire their effort and just a little training would fix the faults they see. Scalecommander Azurathel doesn’t even TRUST turalyon and literally calls him a zealot to be wary of

When Dath’Remar and his highborn High Elf followers, created magical storm that almost destroyed Ashenvale against the edicts of the druids, Malfurion couldn’t bear to kill so many elves and exiled them. Silvermoon was built/created after the exiled the highborn High Elves, arrived in Eastern Kingdom. I’m pretty sure that unlike Suramar, most Night Elves wouldn’t want to see the kingdom of Quel’thalas or Silvermoon as they High Elves that founded it were outcasts. If you quest in the Ghostlands there are Night Elf assassins there trying to kill what remains of the Quel’dorei for their use of arcane magic.

The Moon Guard stand apart from most of their low borne relatives. These aren’t tree elves. They’re arcane wielding highborne. The opinions of the tree elves are always based on fear, bigotry and resentment

“You skulk about the trees in your forests no better than the trolls you malign. You debase yourselves and a proud heritage.” - Elisande

1 Like

High Elves are already playable on Horde

Someone should just make an addon that replaces “Void Elf” or “Blood Elf” with “High Elf” and this problem is solved overnight.

4 Likes

In TFT the very first time Tyrande and Kael’thas meet they’re extremely chill to each other and he refers to Malfurion as “great druid”, also the old sunwell comic largely implied the exile was a mutually beneficial decision. She also clearly expected something nicer than a post apocalyptic zombieland (which makes the slight retcon of sentinel-farstrider cooperation in the troll wars not as much of a retcon as people whined)

Most of the eternal rivalry nonsense was pushed to induce faction brain nonsense in two player bases that weren’t likely to jump at each other’s throats.

we already have, since tbc, and now you can pretend to be a high elf on your void elf if you want

the whole issue were crybabies who wanted to play as a high elf on alliance, wich they couldnt, but with the void elves they can live in their fantasy brainroot world where high elves are alliance and a total different race lol

4 Likes

My face when these ARE high elves.
Like what reason/customization option can you think of that would differentiate them between the other high elves, aka blood and void?

They’ve already added the skin and eyes. It would purely be racials at this point.

Even more so in recent years with void elves then with the new customization options more recently.

6 Likes

One of my two void elves has sin’dorei set as the TRP race just to annoy people.

Let’s go deeper

All elves are… kaldorei

3 Likes

“Behold this motley throng in which the rebels put their faith. Kaldorei…you disgrace a glorious past hiding in trees and cloaking yourselves in false piety. You have grown as savage as the trolls that skulk about your forests. Quel’dorei…you are peasants playing at nobility. All too willing to mingle with the lesser races that dilute your bloodline. You are unworthy of the name high elves. Sin’dorei….of all elves I thought you might understand the choice I made to save my people. Instead you ally with misfits and monsters….EACH of you has debased your proud lineage. Each of you has forgotten the ancient power that IS our birthright. Let this failed rebellion be a lesson to any that would stand against the shal’dorei.” - Elisande

That whole speech should be written on a plaque in silver moon and suramar.

I love this!

True but that also turns into a murky water arguement. Then you could say might as well include trolls too haha.

4 Likes