Can we finally get playable the high elves?

this is lightspeed’s lock. i do use melancholy but it triggers my ocd since she’s only got one visible eye.

Then yeah I’d say go scandal since it’s basically a better version of our parted long one.

4 Likes

thanks for the advice but have you ever had a clump of hairstrands get in your face, and it tickles your nose and tries to embed itself in your food as your eating? well that’s scandal. lol and you try to get it out of your face and it keeps falling back over it again, so you tie it back and it slips out of the rubber band…so you take a pair of scissors to it and now its the hairstyle you gave yourself as a kid when you first discovered barber skills lol

Not sure what to tell you based off your previous posts except play a Blood Elf over a Void Elf then outside of that I got nothing since I’m never going to be that person advocating for non-void stuff for Void Elves.

So instead of having say so many Void Elves have so many Blood Elves.

2 Likes

understandable. i dont want belf hairstyles but just normal, non scruffy hair would be nice. i dont mind braids, feathered, ponytails, curls but my ideal is poker straight, long hair, coiffed with a middle part, like a classical elf.

and buns, i like buns, updos

Still hoping they’ll add tentacles for the hairstyles that don’t have them with the toggle. Like I like the non-tentacle available ones but I just would love to add tentacles to them, mostly for my hunter.

1 Like

i fear they have removed their customizations crew. if so, this was a bad idea, as many of their customers received nothing at all or half the pass

Well they have Horde dwarves now, and we’ll likely soon get Alliance troll-elf things. Maybe they’ll do neutral Amani. So Blizzard doesn’t care about making one faction have a distinct look anymore.

With straight backed orcs, dwarves were the only thing missing to have party comps on both sides that looked like the fellowship of the ring anyway.

Except Earthen look fairly different from Dark Irons and Base Dwarves.
Nightborne look fairly distinct from Night Elves.

Blizzard has never just carbon copied one race to the other faction. Even the High Elf customizations for void elves look nothing like anything the blood elves have.

Similar but different is what blizzard has always done.

So yeah, we’ll get alliance trolls at some point, probably Dark Trolls, aka the precursors to Night Elves, but I guarantee they’ll look distinct from Darkspear and Zandalari trolls in some way.

Okay, they look like Dwarves. Horde didn’t have Dwarves before.

Agreed.

You know that’s not true.

1 Like

Yes, they look like dwarves. If you look at more than just the silhouette you’ll see earthen look quite different from dark irons who look quite different from base dwarves.

Also who cares that the horde didn’t have dwarves before. The horde also didn’t have night elves before nightborne.

Other than skin tone, what do the void elves have that blood elves have?

Earthen look more light Dwarves than Nightborne look like Night Elves.

Skin tone and sharing the same model is pretty important.

1 Like

even without skin tone, fully armored with a helmet or hat that conceals the face/skintone, the silhouette is identical. so voidy velfs can look identical to a belf too, with the right armor. but this is the issue i have with the identical model complaint - alliance have had helf model npcs since wotlk. why wasnt it an issue that identical models were allies of the alliance, guarded our buildings, gave us quests and even fought alongside us in contested areas? and on pvp servers its even crazier

They share the unaltered model which is why they were able to also share our eye colors, skintones and almost all of our hair colors it’s why I have always called Void Elves since they got our stuff bargain bin Blood Elves because that’s what they basically are when people use the Blood Elf customizations on them.

Nightborne didn’t get that treatment from Night Elves even though it was supposedly sharing of elves from side to side.

Further than that Earthen wise it’s not even the same Dwarves because they are bigger and taller so they can’t even have the Dark Iron or normal Dwarf customizations shared with them so only side that has actually gotten same thing from one side to another is Alliance with Void Elves.

1 Like

Alliance has NPCs.
Not players.

Never forget.
Non-playable characters.

That is acceptable due to lore.
for players: no.

Few survivors. Most high elves went back to Quel’thalas (rip even more the Alliance pool population) and others became Void Elves.

So Horde requests are bad but yours are OK.

WHAT??? which alliance race did we pick?
Blood Elf IS A HORDE race.

3 Likes

no horde requests are not bad. heck i even asked for half elfs back in the day when these decisions were being made. like instead of giving us velfs, helf skintones and haircolors, i was suggesting playable half elfs with different hairstyles, different standing/idling animations, different casting animations and we even had alternate models that were a combo of humans, nelfs and helfs. but some were saying they still looked too much like belfs.

also i suggested helfs with different standing/idling animations, different casting animations so the silhouette would be different but blizz didnt want that cause the whole point of allied races was using the same skeleton and animations, even if the texture was different such as vulpera using goblin skeleton but different texture.

there was no way they were gonna design us a whole new helf, when new skeletons and animations were reserved for brand new races like dracthyr and kul’tirans

1 Like

i dont think they did for the first round but they did in bfa. blizz wanted races that horde would be interested in. to be fair, mechagnomes were also an alliance pic, though many of us protested since everyone had fallen in love with vulpera at the time. they were so cute and their gear made them even cuter…and what was alliance gonna get?? mechagnomes that looked like mangled gnomes, when we were all envisioning uldaur mechagnomes, which were full body mechs

hardcore horde fans were enjoying the misery of alliance protestors. it was mangled gnomes and vrykul descendants that looked nothing like vrykul, vs zandalari and vulpera/ you know they couldnt resist, we got lectures about fat shaming by a goblin. one guy said he was gonna roll a female tank and dress her in a red bikini mog and force alliance players to look at her bum as she tanked. it got pretty bad. here we wanted kul’tiran to look like athletes and descendants of strong people and were accused of not liking them because they were weighty. no win scenario, many proclaimed they were gonna roll them out of spite

dark iron were a fav of many horde players, several who felt they should be a horde race

not necessarily true because they already have the coding for size changes. its just a bit of math, which is why a tier set is added and it auto resizes for each race. there’s scripts for that on a website so the websites content resizes to fit your resolution, and the images automatically resize

I genuinely hope at the end of TWW Xal’atath turns all the remaining high elves into void elves taking them off the table forever.
The salt would be delicious.

4 Likes