Can we finally get playable the high elves?

You have high elfs in Alliance, since all mages of nelfs can be highborn survived cataclism. You can play original high elf on Horde. Those are only lore accuarate options, people who want something else is delusional and don’t care about story.

Can I say, thanks for being cool and level-headed and willing to have a conversation that doesn’t devolve into a fight. lol

Citation? There are no official numbers of High elf populations in Stormwind, and I would say there are far more High NPCs outside of stormwind, rather than inside. Especially if we consider that Dalaran’s citizens are also neutral.

It matters when we’re discussing whether or not High elves would consider returning, or rather if there is a precedent to it. These examples of high elves being friendly with the Horde or Blood elves is just as relevant as mentioning the Silver Covenant’s hostility.

No one is arguing who they will, or will not attack because that’s merely a game-mechanic. Many former enemies have existing hostile NPCS in the world, especially as far as Cataclysm. We’re discussing that their story has not changed or progressed since that event, They didn’t suddenly pledge themselves to the Alliance, or have some story-progression like Quel’lithien, they have remained in isolation.

The night elves also aren’t actively plotting or hostile against any other members of the Alliance, especially back then. Maev was quite literally merc’ing Highborne, and Shandris told them that had it not been for Tyrande she would’ve been honorbound to kill all of them.

The night elf’s animosity toward Highborne is far more evolved than mild bickering. Even Dalaran said their feud makes the one between the Alliance and Horde look like two kids fighting over a toy.

I don’t think anyone is arguing that all of them will go one way or another, merely that it seems far more likely that more neutral High elves will far more likely to end their isolation in favor of returning home to Silvermoon, than going to Stormwind.

Implying that the majority, or even that a large portion of Dalaran’s High elves joined the Silver Covenant is conjecture. Between neutral citizens, to High elves issued in the Kirin Tor over the Silver Covenant, I’d argue there’s more neutral High elves in Dalaran than there are Alliance ones.

Grand Magus Telestra is a former Archmage in Dalaran (Kael’thas’ former mentor.) If you read her flavor text, it says

“Though she believed the Prince allying with the naga was foolish, she could not support Dalaran imprisoning her people. Malygos only needed to remind her of this betrayal to gain her as an instructor for his mage hunters.”

She, and many other High elf mages can be seen under her imploy in the Nexus. This tells us that the High elves in Dalaran were, (Or at least some.) were not happy about Dalaran’s involvement in the former purge.

Well, I might of rambled a bit, but my original point was Arator living as a Silvermoon citizen is a pretty compelling argument that High elves, especially alliance-aligned High elves would have interest in returning home, even if it’s a horde capital.

We do know that there are some new Void elves in the rift that have voiced similar concerns to the ones you’ve described. Both of which expressed no interest in returning-home as long as it’s under Horde control

Can you cite that? I never saw anything about Highvale leaving for that reason.

I mean, if I’m invading their city I’m attacking them, I imagine that’s the whole logic of the instant-attack whenever a Horde or Alliance enters each other’s cities. I personally try not to use game-mechanics like that as evidence for lore implications.

And how would they feel seeing their friends and loved ones who do defend Silvermoon die? Even if they aren’t entering the halls, singing about the joy of Lor’themar’s balls, I imagine most will stand up and defend their home against invaders, even if that ends up being the Alliance themselves.

I don’t think Blizzard would ever go this route to be honest, but if they did I doubt they would have the High elves living in Silvermoon abandoning their own people to help the Alliance.

I mean in BFA they did care about it. They took serious efforts in BFA in trying to give all the races on both factions exposure throughout the expansion. Through the warfronts, invasions, and raids, we got to see almost all the races (cant think of one that didnt) shine and contribute to the war-effort, all except the High elves, who seemed notable absent.

I’m not saying there isn’t High elves in the alliance who would fight for them against the Horde, but it’s seems very intentional that such individuals or events are exceedingly rare.

I mean it makes sense, I feel as if Auric Sunchaser, the leader of Allerian Stronghold, was meant to reflect the Allerian High elves current stance on Blood elves. As I mentioned earlier he not only refers to both groups collectively as the “children of Silvermoon” he also refers to Rommath and Lor’themar as his lords, and uses the term “us” when discussing their goals, counting himself among them.

I think after this event, it would be strange to see Allerian High elves mobilize against the Blood elves, otherwise they would have been the most logical choice to join Alleria. The fact that they weren’t, has be believe it was an intentional choice.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s confirmed that they’ve already returned, and that Auric himself already lives in Silvermoon among other Allerian High elves. I agree that I don’t think they would be setting out to fight the Alliance, at least without proper incentive, so it really comes down to what is the catalyst for the next war.

Well, I’m not suggesting that Scyers coming home is speculation, I’m suggesting that blue eyed elves like Lanesh the Steelweaver, and Astromancer Darnarian are likely High elves in Outland that joined the Scryers, and later on joined the Horde. Since they both had eyes as early as TBC, and are seen partially wearing the Scryer gear.

But I have no way of confirming this beyond their use of scryer armor. lol

in the midnight, just wait one more year. We will be able to play them .

1 Like

you already got all the blue high elves you’re gonna get :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yes we have a lot of blue eyes elves in alliance. That horde was begging for years because “reasons”.

It does not change a fact that high elves are in the alliance, just not yet playble. But future looks promissing with the next expansion and playable Silver Covenant High Elves.

1 Like

Those reasons being that the fel taint in our eyes was supposed to be wearing off and the Gold eyes were only for the faithful in the lore.

We should have gotten blue eyes a long time ago.

3 Likes

blue eyed elves in the alliance. Giving them for horde elves was a mistake.

Void elves started with only blue eyes.

No, this was a correction long overdue.

5 Likes

how high are the high elves

They say they can see the end of times coming so I would say very high

Good, how are you?

it was just to please horde. We all know devs are biased because most of them are horde.

After taking me around 3 days to read the post.

Why do you just take a void elf and dye it white like a blood elf? It’s basically what Varessa is. A void elf dyed white.

What I think you want is to be able to join this void elf to the Silver Covenant faction.

But to be honest, just like the people who want to have the possibility of housing in wow. I don’t see why they should deny you playing with the blue-eyed blood elves.

Vereesa Windrunner is a High Elf in charge of the Silver Covenant.

I think you mean Alleria Windrunner, the first Void Elf.

One compromise I could see (rather than just polluting the character select screen with a billion different elf varieties based on the exact same skeleton model) should be to just add a barbershop toggle for velfs and belfs that changed the flavor text in tooltips and stuff.

You’re a void elf? Go to the barbershop and click on a button. You’re still technically a void elf but the game has now renamed you to high elf.

You’re a blood elf? Go to the barbershop and click on a button. You’re still technically a blood elf but the game has now renamed you to high elf.

Would that satisfy the crowd?

i have like a kajillion void elves exaggeration, lol, and maybe 1 has blue eyes. the rest are aqua, white and purple. this whole blue eye thing is not accurate. we almost have as many eyecolors as other races, with the exception of humans

Nevermind that Void Elves started with only blue eyes. lol

1 Like

Thanks for the correction.

In my head there is only 2 types of elves lore because of the kind of players that play them and because they are damn hot beings: night elves whose players in the region I play in tend to be good people who helped me level up my first character and void elves who are the perfected, improved, mysterious and hotter version of high elfs that in PvP slaughter their namesakes degenerate blood elves and vulperas who are possessors of dark tastes.

But if Alleria Windrunner is the first void elf, I’m going to mentally reclassify her away from the fluffy pagans and the canonically degenerate blood elves.

well, technically she is a void elf, but she is not like other void elves. She is high/void elf.

No. We need playable high elves.

1 Like

No, not technically. She is a Void elf.

Shes called a void elf in game, by devs and in all media. She consumed a Darkened Naaru to become one. She wasn’t forced like the others but she is one through and through.

Can even see her hair beginning to change color.