Can we finally get playable the high elves?

Seems more like a traitor.
Double banished.

You’re dodging to address exactly the point about Umbric lol.

That literally does.

1 Like

No, I’m explaining that I’m treating the world as though its people are actual people. I have no reason to think that Umbric is just lying for the thrill of it.

Thats… not how things work. Taking a piece of their research that pertains to your own doesn’t mean you share any ideology or belief in their work.

Well, I don’t have any reason to trust him at all, knowing that he would mess with a power that can (and almost destroyed) the source of energy for his own people.

That tells me that he values power above everything else, so, can’t be trusted.

That is also the reason why Tyrande disliked the Nightborne and made very clear it during Suramar campaign.

Well, that’s start, until later he starts saying Dar’khan Drathir did nothing wrong, starts admiring his leadership…

anyway, the whole Void elf story and joining the alliance is nonsensical, that saying people should trust the void elves is SOOOO stretched. They were blood elves not long ago, they “killed” veressa’s hubby… and moreover, Umbric didn’t even care that he was messing with powers that could destroy his whole kind and he didn’t even blink.

Even with Alleria vouching for them, any good day the “good doer” alliance would’ve finished them off, but then again the alliance wouldn’t have “white elves” in their ranks amirite.

He may not have had any real reason to think that his power would mess with the Well. He was exiled before Alleria visited. So all he knows is that Rommath believed he would cause an issue, without any real proof.

Tyrande is just an idiot and you’re not that.

Since that has not been shown in any regard, in fact they’ve not even mentioned him since getting to Telogrus Rift, I’d say its the least realistic thing to assume.

Given what you’ve said earlier you know this is disingenuous and nonsensical.

Given that Blizzard was hesitant and resistant to giving “white elves” to the Alliance in general, claiming this is also disingenuous and nonsensical.

“please show me anywhere that if I harness the powers of the void, that are literally antagonize the Light that fuels the Sunwell (along with Arcane), will cause any harm”

wow you really went there.
Like Rommath wasn’t right and the proof came along with Alleria.

I guess Rommath was better scholar than Umbric will ever be.

Coming from a void elf player, yikes, couldn’t expect less than that.

Because of a very loud minority.

2 Likes

Its going to be really funny to see your reaction when in midnight void elves use their void powers to save silvermoon and the sunwell :stuck_out_tongue:

It is going to be really funny when we get to midnight and nothing of that happens and then you’re sad living in the slums of stormwind lmao

Sure thing little buddy

Sure thing little tentacle, sure thing.

You can clearly see i dont have any tentacles :stuck_out_tongue:

But my actual reason for replying is to let you know you can reply directly to peoples posts instead of just the thread.
If you dont, the person youre replying to doesnt get a notification and so very well could not see it.

sorry, your body was modified by the void.
You’re void-ish tentacle-ish person now.

Certainly void.
Not so much tentacle. Although if they ever introduce a nice haircut that has them, you never know.

I mean I’m stating it from Umbric’s likely point of view.

If you’re going to be disingenuous like that then you should expect that sort of thing yeah. Nothing about that pertained to or made sense to what we were talking about. Its only purpose was to attack void elves as being non-sensical and thus not worthy of being included at all.

It doesn’t matter what their story was, it is a part of the story, whether you or I, like it.

All for using their viewpoint as a near extant example of a population of Blood Elves (now former) to better explain that Quel’thalas was at one point, by its people, considered a part of the Alliance’s territory.

Which is true in all regards whether or not you want to accept that.

It doesn’t mean Quel’thalas should, or that I want it to, be part of the Alliance now.

See this also has no bearing on what we were talking about and is a brash attack for no purpose to the conversation.

Ignore him. In the end, you need to read several communities across the globe to see the bigger picture here and where everyone stands with the High/Void/Blood Elves. The US-forum is just a big bubble.

Eh, their state in the Alliance isn’t exactly the most accommodating either from what we know. There was much bad blood between the High elves and the other mortal races after receding from the Alliance, in addition to the Night elves souring relations even further by detailing the High elves role in the war of the ancients. This is why many High elves prefer to live in neutral cities, or in isolation among many of their former lodges.

We also have to remember that many High elves were isolated in Outland, and were not present for the original splintering and had not been given the opportunity to choose between the Alliance or their Homeland. I would say the only reluctance they had was the worry that the Blood elves from Silvermoon were the same as the Blood elves at Firewing point under Kael’thas’ command.

But the High elves would have inevitably discovered about the blood elves role in the joint effort to defeat Kael’thas and the demons of the burning legion, especially after the Blood elves deliberately give access to the Sunwell to the High elves as a gesture of good-faith. Learning that the Blood elves of Silvermoon were in fact no the same as those under Kael’thas, I would imagine many would be eager first hand to see what had become of their homeland and people in their absence, as a few from Allerian Stronghold had pointed out themselves.

Eh, we know many groups of High elves that have no qualms with the Horde. Thalo’dan Privateers for instance are a crew of High elven Privateers who hire the Horde to kill Alliance soldiers and free an High elven captive Gilthares Firebough from a tower. They also have nothing but bad things to say about the Alliance as a faction and the captain Thalo’thas Brightsun tells the player that the Horde will always have a place of honor among his men.

High elves themselves are rather ambiguous, they do not act as any coordinated whole, or follow the same values as each other. My overall point being is that while I agree that some would likely feel similarly to how you’re describing them, I think it’s fair to say that many might not, and that it’s perfectly reasonable to say that many have returned home since these events. Especially now that we’ve seen Arator himself living there.

Sure, and while that was a concern, at least in what I’ve been reading, they still maintained their ties to the Alliance over Quel’thalas when they joined the Horde.

I feel the need to note that my favorite band of High Elves, the Highvale in the Hinterlands, do not actually care greatly for the Alliance as a whole up until Cataclysm when the Forsaken attack them and give them more reason to support the Alliance over the Horde. Their allies were more the Wildhammer and some draenei priests that came to speak to them about their lord and savior the Holy Light.

We covered these ones a bit earlier (many many posts ago). Several of their members are seemingly very negative towards Blood Elves, probably specifically because of Kael’thas’ rouge forces in Outland and seem very negative towards the Horde as well. That said these ones are probably among some of the first that would have been going home more recently to help rebuild now that High Elves are seemingly being allowed to come home again. (Though I think we’re really meant to assume that high elves have been allowed to return since TBC).

I agree more or less with this, yes.

This seems like the smallest group to poke at but yeah I’m sure there are plenty of High Elves that do not like the Alliance. As I mention above even the Highvale who are Alliance aligned don’t have a great view of them wanting mostly to be left alone.

The Highvale just have reason to hate the Horde more than they hate the Alliance.

Strictly speaking I’m speaking only of the ones directly within the Alliance such as the Silver Covenant, Highvale and the elves we see as smatterings of populations in places such as Stormwind or Kul’tiras(Which does have a couple not associated with the Warfronts as far as I can tell.). I do think that a portion to a majority of the Allerian Stronghold would likely keep their allegiances tied more to Alleria herself over time but that whole thing can get quite murky since she doesn’t come back until Legion. Theres a lot of time there were they could easily have gone home and now have another choice. Their people or their hero, and I think many would easily choose their people. (especially if they’re not hot on the Void bit.)

While I do expect that many have returned home I also expect there are well more than enough to justify the High Elves as a whole still being widely considered Alliance as a cultural and political grouping. (High elves as in those who didn’t change their names and remained Alliance obviously.)

?? why not?

Well, Well, well. Silvermoon belongs to the alliance. But if we get third faction for all elves, it shold be the elven city only.

I always wanted to be a high elf paladin reping the Alliance. So I’m all for it.

2 Likes

Silvermoon belongs to the people of Quel’thelas, not the Alliance. Just as Ironforge belongs to the Dwarves and not the Alliance. Belongs implies ownership. Neither the Alliance nor the Horde owns the realms allied with each entity.

5 Likes