Can we finally get playable the high elves?

The forsaken priests are founded on an order of discipline priests, have canonically shown both Shadow and Dsic in their order. Risen undead commonly utilize holy spec and there are some stories and mentions by Blizzard of the Holy spec being used by Forsaken.

They even go out of their way in a Cdev interview to talk about how they experience using Holy Magic.

2 Likes

LMFAO! Well for what it’s worth even though personally I hate the idea of say Undead Druid, Void Elf Paladin or Mechagnome anything I’d give all races currently lacking Druid, Shaman and Paladin them but I don’t get to make those decisions so.

1 Like

I stand corrected. Blizzard lore is terribly written lol.

However even if you could it would still make absolutely zero sense, no matter what blizz says i still find it incredibly weird that in wc3 they would die to light magic but now with no changes to the magic that raised them, they can use said magic that killed them before.

We have a void elf paladin in telogrus now so there is potential there for them.
All they need to do is develop the hows and whys of her abilities.

(Although i still hate the idea of void elf paladins of the light
)

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Alonsus_Faol

2 Likes

So in actuality he is a excellent reason why VE paladins should exist.

1 Like

you cant be a shadow priest without being a priest.

Strickly? Do they have to only use the Light? Our own Holy Priest characters use the Shadow as well as Light.

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Aelthalyste

Here is a Banshee that is part of the Cult of Forgotten Shadow who uses shadow and Light magic just fine. As many of the cults members are Disc priests.

Here is a Risen priest that uses only Holy spells.

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Risen_Priest

Again, Blizzard has already explained that the Forsaken can and do use the Holy Light, they just don’t like it much due to how it affects them. Makes them feel the worms and such crawling through their rotting skin.

The Light seems to kill perfectly living beings just as well when I use it on my Paladins. lol

Just because the Light has an issue with death that they tried to very poorly explain in Shadowlands
 doesn’t mean the dead can’t use it. Just that it sucks to do so.

(Also they retconned that back when WoW came out.)

1 Like

Why are high elf paladins a selling point? The elves of Quel’thalas did not have paladins until the Blood Knights.

The main classes of high elves are hunter, mage, and priest. All of which void elves can do.

5 Likes

This is actually a really fun tidbit for me!

We know from the Sylvanas book that Paladins among the Quel’dorei were rare and not really a big thing. There were a few but not a big thing. Then the whole Blood Elf thing happens and all that and you have them get their Blood Knights which is cool.

And since then you see the High Elves that remained Alliance very slowly get more and more Paladin representation in every instance of their story. Like theres a trainer in Dalaran in Wrath. Cool so at least theres enough that they need someone to train new ones.

By Legion you’re training sometimes up to three High Elf pallies at a time.

I love it. Its good quiet storytelling.

1 Like

good point, and they learned it from who?

Thats all fair, i definitely stand corrected.

Its still incredibly weird to me however. Retcon or no. A better way would have involved a questline that changes the magic used to raise them.

Arthas himself in wrath couldn’t stand on holy ground during the DK intro. That retcon just makes absolutely zero sense, its also further proof if blizz wanted to they could retcon VE and light too.

Its common for folk not to know bout the retcon and think its weird
 cause it is. Retcons are usually kinda weird as a result of what they are. :smiley:

Aye. And Revendreth really hammers home that the Light chooses to burn the Undead generally. That was a directed attack specific to them being hateful of what happened.

Which means the Light only hurts undead the way it does because its angry that someone in another realm did something they didn’t like. Like that story or not it makes the Light seem really petty. lol

Look at yrel from wod lol, the lights not always pure good. Im still wondering if well ever see a light as antagonist expansion/patch.

1 Like

The light kinda is though.
Its very season 8 daenerys targaryen in its behavior

2 Likes

This is not about the race. This is about them not being part of the alliance and it shows. You want the privilige of pretty pale people without being forced playing with the Orcs and undead. I call it entitlement.

4 Likes

The Blood elves figured it out by effectively bleeding “light” out of a Naaru until it went insane.

2 Likes

No, and 20 more characters of no. And more no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwPWGUhEtP0

Nothin is that bad bro :P.

She went from competent ruler, to a ruler who sent her SHOCK cavalry charging into the night against a army of the dead then burned her ancestors city for literally no reason.

As a fan of medieval warfare sending shock cavalry directly at a army that is much bigger than yours makes me mad. The dothraki are not a heavy cavalry. They are ment to hammer and anvil the flanks. /Rant off lol