Can we finally get playable the high elves?

Read what I said again to get what I’m saying – I said It would be possible to say that a segment of the population of the population would have been more interwoven; the folks on the border for example. They don’t have to all be a monolith; this kind of thing happens in real life where you have dialect continua for example. Unless someone can give a good reason otherwise, I think it could be a plausible and sensible explanation for a fact that is already in the lore – namely that some Thalassian elves did stay with the Alliance.

Once again, you’re not listening. My main point was I want high elves for identity and character history reasons. I was just offering this other thing as a suggestion for how they could make a plausible lore justification for different body types. It sounds plausible to me, but if I’m wrong on that then that might not be the solution. Maybe there’s another way, maybe not. But even if not, my main point still stands and I would like high elves for the reasons stated.

And adding lore is fine, that’s how the story develops, As long as it’s done in an internally coherent way and not with egregious retcons.

To steelman your position, I think it would be fair to say that if high elves were packaged as like, the major new bit of content for the alliance in a new expansion, and they were basically just copy pasted blood elves, and the horde got something totally different and cool, that a lot of people would be bummed out. I think it would be a mistake to add high elves in a way that is seen as coming at the cost of something else. People who aren’t like me and don’t care about the character history stuff and just care about the appearance would probably react by saying “blood-elves were close enough.”

But it doesn’t have to be added in that way. Because the character models are already there, if we wanted to go with the copy-paste blood elves approach rather than some sort of new-but-recognizably-high-elven model, they could be slipped in some time in the middle of an expansion in a fairly low-key way along with some other customizations. It really wouldn’t be that hard for them to do; just come up with some racials, throw in a handful of quests, you’re done.

So, I see these sorts of considerations not as arguments against making high elves playable, but as things that should determine how it is done.

I just created a high elf for me today.
I picked the Horde faction, selected Blood elf. They are the high elves.

I feel great.

3 Likes

I mean we can all rp how we want to. Your Blood Elf can be a High Elf sure. lol

3 Likes

No more sissy elves. Give us Stonemaul ogres.

2 Likes

Doesn’t OP’s listing of threads imply that because there are already multiple active threads on this topic, any new ones should just be flagged as spam?

4 Likes

Different race.

Educate yourself.

Course I bet you think Orc and Mag’har are the same too, despit5e taking up different race slots.

You Horde are hilarious.

2 Likes

Threatening to abuse the flag system, are you?

Good thing Blizzard doesn’t take kindly to that. Hence why there’s always multiple High Elf topics going on all the time.

3 Likes

No, just stating a reasonable belief that future threads on this topic would violate the rule against creating duplicate topics, as outlined in the code of conduct here:

in case you need help locating the relevant section, I’ll include it below:

Creating Duplicate Threads

This category includes:

• Creating threads about existing topics
  • Creating a separate thread about an existing topic for further discussion in more than one forum

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, they will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

They are the same race. The distinction is one is AU and one did the dark portal things and got green skin.

Belf and helf are different in name alone, void is a shoot off the blood elf. Distinction being void infused, but still a high elf.

Tbh none of the above should be different races. They should have been either cosmetical differences or perhaps a rp ‘choose your background’ thing.

But no. We don’t need another high elf when alliance has void and horde have blood.

5 Likes

The Blood elf IS the High elf.
The Void elf was a Blood Elf.

:sob:

4 Likes

Mag’har Orcs are ORCs.
But not all Orcs are Mag’har.

You’re welcome for the free education you had today.

2 Likes

Blood elves and High elves only difference was philosophical and political.
Void elves became a new thing when they were modified by the void. They are no longer the same race.

That’s the difference.

2 Likes

Eh if anything, they’d be a sub race. They are still high elves.
Its like how broken are still spacegoats. Or nightborne are nightelves.
We see it with a bunch of others too. Furbolgs. Owlkin.
Different variations and subraces, but at their core, they are still that thing.

3 Likes

I don’t know if that is the case. The Void Elves were once High Elves. They called themselves Blood Elves after the Third war and later further studied the void, and were changed by the void. Physically changed, somethign that hasn’t happened with Blood elves.

If we call Void elves High Elves, then perhaps should we also call Felblood Elf also a High elf ? What about Wretched? Darkfallen? What even about the San’layn? Should they also be called high elves?

Maybe high elves were the friends we made along the way :rofl:

2 Likes

Yep

Yep

Yep

Yep

What about demon hunters?

3 Likes

The blood elf was a high elf. Now they’re blood elves.

Culture, faction, mentality all changed. Biologically they’re the same still, sure, but in reality they’re not high elves anymore.

So RP as you wish with your “high” elf.

Until this most recent patch where not all void elves are that. Lol

Just like every other kind we have in game. Yes they all were/are high elves modified.

Either physically, mentally or culturally.

:joy:

1 Like

Why in the heck do you guys necro garbage threads?

Also, how is it everyone throws a hissy fit about about a 3rd dwarf race but y’all are ok with reusing the elf model for a 4th time? So freaking dumb

3 Likes

I think most people feel no one was asking for the Dwarf race again, while they feel plenty of people were asking for high elves.

How do you get 4 by the way? My count is at two and a half? Blood, Void and Dracthyr male visage.

1 Like

People wanted more inclusive race.
Now you have body type 2 with beards

1 Like