Can we finally get playable the high elves?

The first incarnation required level 70, so it was definitely post TBC’s launch.

In Vanilla, the main thing Shaman brought to the table were various totem buffs, which included Windfury.

1 Like

It looks like its kinda happening… Void Elves are going to be able to become paladins.

1 Like

and og tbc, belf ret pallies had seal of blood, which was better than alliance equivalent. they also had aoe silence racial. never forget when a later expac launched where pallies were one shotting with shock and another where warriors were one shotting with charge. aint nothin’ like seein’ a tauren warrior charging into the gy and killing people as they rezzed. lol

dks were just…it was jaw dropping to try to bg against a dk, even in mop. as soon as you hit dk range, best to just go do something else, cause yikes

Neither did the Horde.
Bloodlust was a level 70 spell, introduced in TBC.

Half of the Shaman specs were joke, like paladins, shamans were only restoration.
Rets were good at PvP like Enhancements were.

You could just fly for 2 tiers. We had to leave our HS in Kargath and run there.
No excuses.

Well it seems that you’re quite unfamiliar with the game for such coments.

Nah. that NPC was an oversight.

Void will not touch the light.

Which was proved again in Classic WoW that Paladin buffs were superior to Shaman totems, and alliance had Fear ward, horde didn’t have it.

dwarf priest best pvp class between stoneform and priest fear ward, but the rest of your team gotta know whats up or might as well just not bother. and that happened alot on alliance. i think we got alot of traditional fantasy players on alliance and if they pvp’ed, they were likely to go horde after losing a few times, so all the talent accumulated horde side, and all the rp’ers and casuals on alliance, and its been that way since then

we still had decent raiding in wrath and i recall raiding siege of orgrimmar in mop with my guildies, so probably still okay in mop, but i think it deflated too much by legion

There is very few of us actual VE fans left after the SL customizations came to pass. The rest is just HE fans that uses the race as a means to get their fix. Don’t let those that pretend to be VE fans (while using no actual VE customizations) fool you. VE as a race had been subjicated as a 2ndary race dispite the name.

Again there is little point of it existing as it’s own race if there is literally no support for it by the company that introduced it.

The “Dark Heart” patch officially canonizes all Void Elf customizations.

HE/BE and Darkfallen customizations are 100% void elf customizations. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m not really a Void Elf defender but this is so not true in the slightest because the new patch introduced a whole Void Elf/Alleria centric storyline and lot of other new Void Elf stuff, NPC’s, etc. so even if you don’t like how Blizzard supports Void Elves existing, they are still supporting them existing.

4 Likes

Alleria doesn’t even consider herself a void elf. And the story is on dalaran, not VE’s. The only thing they got was npc’s to support classes being added to VE’s, the very class tyat conflicts with being a VE gets 2 of them even.

Adding npc’s that conflicts on themes of a race is not supporting said race.

Really, I did that questline 16 times throughout it she makes it pretty clear she’s void centric and even goes on to say during the memory part that she doesn’t regret embracing the void.

The last time I checked NPC’s being added means that the race is growing in ranks and it also justifies potential classes as well as the customizations because for example the Paladin Void Elf has the Void Elf look with red hair but she’s still a Paladin and a Void Elf so I don’t see where you figure this isn’t Blizzard supporting the race by furthering it’s existence within the game with new NPC’s and a whole storyline and with Alleria.

4 Likes

Proudmoore server here, very high Alliance population, there are quite a few Void Elf people (purple/blue etc.) and I see the Heritage set more now with the recent quest. Shoot I race changed my Vulpera to a Void Elf to use the Riftstalker Xmog (I love it!).

What we really need to control is Night Elves, they’re like ~50% of the Alliance population.

The Alliance Blood Elf wannabees I believe are very over exaggerated. Most folks don’t post on the forums. I didn’t for years.

I agree with OP completely! They should add High Elves as a playable race to the Alliance. There are no good reasons not to at this point, and loads of players want them.

3 Likes

thank you. the high elves been most requested race since wcII. There is no doubt we will get them playable in the midnight expansion. No void or blood elf but the high elf!

3 Likes

I, Valeriana, would be ready to fight come Midnight as a High Elf of the Alliance. I’d want to see my people’s dependence on the Sunwell be finally put to an end, so we , Queld’dorei can move on and build a new nation for ourselves. One last fight for Quel’thalas and the Sunwell and we’ll be over them

3 Likes

I am sure there is a worse race to add than high elves

Not sure what though.

3 Likes

Did I already reply to yet another pointless thread of this annoying question?

The answer is no, they should never really add this. They’re already in the game and with homogenized factions, races, and classes. It shouldn’t even matter which side you pick, it’s just not going to say high elf and if you’re alliance you don’t get those paladins you will never really deserve anyways.

4 Likes

Arathi Humans, where the only difference the ears are.

Threads like these make me so glad the players aren’t in control of the game. I’d actually either move to horde or straight up uninstall if Blizzard decides to add yet another uninteresting, bland race to the Alliance.

2 Likes

The problem lies with Blizzard and not the players.

They have asked for a High Elf race during Legion and didn’t get one.
On top of that they released races nobody has asked for (Lightforged Draenei, Void Elves, Mechagnomes) or made out of a mere customization option a new race. They cannot hold up with Vulperas or Zandalari Trolls at all.

You are bound to get another human-looking race, because they do not want to give the Alliance diversity. At the same time there is a massive request for 100% High Elves race without catches.

4 Likes

high elves will be best of them all. prepare yourself.

3 Likes