Can we finally get playable the high elves?

Warcraft 3 TFT was the first time the elves got major spotlight instead of being the glorified sidekicks of humans from Lordaeron. That was a major update.

You mean Thalassian elves specifically right?

Otherwise kinda yeah. lol I suppose the fall of Quel’thalas could be considered a major spotlight in a way but thats more on the Scourge.

They even had their own hero in form of the blood mage. For real. And instead of support units also normal infantry.-

We had them, but they were on the “wrong” faction. Seems like people’s love for these helfs wasn’t grand enough to have them dirty themselves by playing Horde.

So velfs came as a compromise. Appearently no one taught these people a compromise isn’t getting everything you ever wanted, so here they are, trying to rob the belfs of their idientity because they believe that’s the only way to legitimize helfs. I actually predicted them coming after Silvermoon way back before velfs were even considered.

And consider they are a small but very vocal minority. Someone brought up the helf threads on the European forums and MMO Champion. If you look at both of those you’ll notice there’s a very small number of people bumping those threads.

If there ever was a time for belf fans to speak, it would be now. Before they rob even more.

4 Likes

I’ll be honest I don’t know if you are joking or serious but I am rather tired today.

Either way there’s a ton of people clamoring for high elves is all I meant. I also meant I think it’s ridiculous people are melting over not having a FOURTH variant to a race just so in game it’s labeled officially “high elf”, while at the same time people are fuming over a third variant for dwarf that actually fits the ENTIRE theme of TWW.

So there re explained my view. I just don’t see how you justify one but not the other.

Used to love setting up an army in a custom game so I could use their units. Was so fun. Wish they’d had more of that for like Dwarves and trolls and stuff.

Gots a great thread for the customizations for folk to toss things Blizz’s way. (I hope they read it anyways)

I noticed that and the mods at MMO C ban everyone who dares speak against high elf fans trying to steal away Silvermoon.

No, not joking. High elves don’t have full support, and it’s more of a joke to claim they do.

Earthen don’t already exist in the game under a different name like High Elves do.

1 Like

Several lifetimes is also a funny way to describe about 10 years - pretty sure even people who aren’t elves (for whom this is just spring break) live significantly longer than that

This isn’t even headcanon at this point, this isn’t supported. People have been whining about Lanesh the Steelweaver’s blue eyes since mists. The divide was ultimately never enforced the way your delusions tell you it was.

Especially since it’s Lor’themar who explicitly, canonically invited the groups that opposed the emergency measures back. Void elves were an exception because Umbric was basically a hair away from being a Twilight cultist.

2 Likes

Lol, what delusions? The game has the division in place. Stop the craziness!

They are allowed pilgrimage. Have been for years. Again, in lore, they don’t even want to live there. Those Helves either left long ago or stayed with the Alliance to begin with.

3 Likes

The only groups we know for sure didn’t return before Legion are the rangers at Quel’lithien (who killed themselves by using a cursed artefact as a way to replenish on mana), the Silver Covenant, and some of Quel’danil (there are fewer elven NPCs in Quel’danil after the cata update, afaik).

There is no indication whatsoever that it’s even true for Dalaran elves after Legion because part of the justification for blue eyes was just as much people going back home as it was the sunwell being fixed.

Feel free to take it up with the devs.

2 Likes

There was a small group of Helves that did not return to Silvermoon with Anasterian after the second war. There were also Helves that left after because they didn’t agree with our survival practices.

Where in lore have they tried to come back to live in the city?

2 Likes

You’re desperate for wow to stick to being about race wars and it’s honestly really weird at this point.

Although in fairness: that seems to be most of the faction brainers on both sides.

1 Like

The way Blizzard wrote it in their town hall was:

Horde and Alliance forces banded together in the face of impossible odds and vanquished Kil’jaeden, once again protecting Azeroth from the Legion’s Burning Crusade.

So I think it’s fair to say the factions worked together then.

Link to the archived town hall:https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Story_So_Far_(Wrath_of_the_Lich_King)

Where have I once mentioned that I want a war? Weirdness is wanting the game uprooted so Alliance can get a Horde race and it’s city. The game should stay how it is.

Insults, nice. Well anyone wanting this game completely changed for what seems to be superficial wants are insane. It’s insane to want dev time put towards this.

3 Likes

The conflict between the members of the current Horde and the members of the current Alliance started a bit over 10 ago, quite a bit actually. Going back to the orcs butchering the goat people back in Outland. But since you brought that number up, 10 years ago would have been between WoD and Legion by our time but since WoW added an extra 5 years between expansions, 10 years ago would have been Between BFA and Shadowlands. So what you talking about?

1 Like

The alliance handled it alright with the Man’ari… I think you’ll manage.

Full support by the game. Not by the community. The community is sick of helfers asking for more.

Also…

No. Not really. But we can keep saying that to shut them up.

That’s literally not what happened… just your interpretation.

Glad we can agree.

See, for me that is partly why I don’t want them to have visage. I don’t want them to get any of their humanity back. People will then use that as a launchpad to ask them to get even more of their … “humanity” :nauseated_face:… back. Not even sure if I want them to get ANY of it back even if I wasn’t worried about the incessant manipulative whitewashers. Just want them to be willing to join us because they need us and realize they will probably ALWAYS need us on their side, despite how much they hate it. The leader will always be plotting though… But if they have to get just a little of it back i can accept it. Still would strongly prefer them not ever looking like elves even in that case. Am very much in the “have too many elves already” crowd. If they do get elf visages, then hopefully they use them as little more than as a means of making it easier for the land-walkers to agree to help them.

Oh no nonononono no no no… Naga look practically nothing like Night elves, and have been separate for even longer than high elves have been separate from night elves! I am not even sure if they could produce valid offspring with night elves given how naga children look… They are definitely at least a few steps removed from night elves.

Different culturally too. They are barely even similar culturally to nightborne anymore since the Nborne went off the nightwell and on the… tree. :roll_eyes:

If you count their societal structure as separate from their culture that’s different too. Largely female dominated society (albeit, with obvious exceptions, that I am hoping to end up including a single very notable exception with a single male leader for the player naga, perhaps with cunning female advisors…) as opposed to a more role-based society with nelves, and relatively egalitarian one with Nborne. They’re just… vastly different.

1 Like

What does this mean? The lore of the game doesn’t support it, so do you just mean the assets? Because yeah, of course the game would support it since blood elves are in the game and blood elves are high elves

Pretty sure the lore supports some playable velves simply being helves.

Aaaaand nah. They’re different things. But good job, keep up appearances!

Have you played WC3 at all? Because it feels clear that you have not.