Can we ask for more privacy features in forums to feel more secure?

But there’s no need to be fully anonymous. If you’re afraid that someone wants to judge you by the content you’ve done, then maybe only post about things that you have experience with. Nobody’s going to listen to someone complain about M+ being too easy if they’ve never even done a dungeon before.

Like what? I’m aware of what you’ve said before as far as potential penalties, but has that changed?

Also didn’t a moderator already commented on that in the last version of this thread?

Its ok how it is now. But people using flag as dislike button. Which was removed.

Also my posts were fake flagged and restored so many times i lost count.

It was so funny and yes they were :dracthyr_lulmao: Everytime they said it I was like, “stop being from florida dang it!”

Yes, because people were accusing others of false flagging. They were told to stop and they clapped back so it was shut down.

What the hell is fake flagging?

And if moderation restored the post, it means they didn’t find anything wrong with it that may have violated the Forum Code of Conduct. But doesn’t mean people were abusing the flag system to flag it if the post was restored.

2 Likes

I was driving through Dallas/Fort Worth miss my exit and got lost. I got out at a red light to ask the driver ahead of me for directions he said “Sorry my wife is having a baby and I can’t even find the Hospital… and I live here.”.

1 Like

Topic flagged, then restored, flagged again then restored, flagged again then restored, flagged again , again restored, flagged again, again restored .

It is a fake flagging.

1 Like

There is no such thing as fake flagging!

And as I said,

1 Like

Once we flag a post, we can’t flag it again even if it’s been restored. Unless you’re trying to accuse us of switching characters just to flag you which, mind you, is against the CoC.

The fact that that many people are flagging you should say something.

2 Likes

False Flagging to some people is reporting a post, most of them think they do nothing wrong so it’s a “False Flag”. And yes, people do report post as a downvote. In the end, if the post is found clean, the mods restore the post, no harm no foul.

Do you think you’d be flagged less if both of our forum Avatars were the WoW symbol and our handles were “Anonymous?” Sincere question. For transparency, I don’t think having “Anonymous” would change the majority of the flags I’ve seen. I think likes tend to be more ‘factonalizing’ than flagging. In other words, people will like the post they feel more align with their opinions more often than they will flag the posts they feel don’t align.

I know that is anecdotal

interestingly, because of anonymity, we will never know who flagged your post. it could be some random passer-by that has 0 interest in the topic. Just like you did a few years back in an experiment aimed at highlighting how easy it is to randomly flag posts. If your take is that those flags are indications of disagreement, well, I can certainly see that side, but did you disagree with those posts you flagged during your experiment?

I got flagged the other day for trolling because I responded to someone’s post about the Matrix series. That one seemed a bit on the false side to me, but what can I do?
Chuckle-snort-Monday-milk and move on.

3 Likes

I get a lot of my post flagged, in the end, I don’t really bother with my post being flagged, because I don’t know who flagged me, and I can’t accuse anyone of “false flagging” when that may not be even the case.

1 Like

I thought you were saying you snort milk on mondays, I -

am I okay :dracthyr_lulmao:

1 Like

maybe it was dehydrated milk?

1 Like

No, I was insinuating that I had milk from days ago come out my nose as I laughed. I’m old and my humor has a bit of dust in it sometimes.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I mean, here, this is a quote from Vrak on why people do not get penalized for maybe being wrong when flagging

There isn’t a such thing as fake flagging, and people have every right to report the thread if they feel the thread violates the Forum Code of Conduct. Just because your post gets restored, doesn’t mean it is fake flagging, false flagging, or flag abuse, which ever way you want to put it.

The only time someone will get punished for abusing the flag system, is if they switch alts to flag the same post over and over again, in which you have no way of even telling because you have no way of knowing who flagged you.

Even Vrak explains it well here:

Sorry Vrak, I love all the helpful information you provide for everyone on the forums.

9 Likes

Neither does ingoring questions

3 Likes

Not fully anonymous, hide my name feature would hide your character name. Nothing else would change.

1 Like

even if there is a moderator note on the post?

1 Like