Can we ask for more privacy features in forums to feel more secure?

Buzz off… I can post wherever and whenever I want. It’s not your job to play gatekeeper. Practice what you preach.

4 Likes

You never once led me to any specific post or outlined how anyone is unsafe.

3 Likes

If people feel they need to police your armory to think you have a valid opinion then THAT person is the one with no valid opinion. They are just looking for excuses to talk down at you.

Ignore them and continue to converse with people who are willing to engage with your thoughts.

1 Like

It’s your option, not your responsibility.

2 Likes

It’s in the OP. By post 347, it’s generally expected that people know what the OP is or that they ask clarifying questions to the OP themselves if they’re having trouble understanding.

I know you want to devolve the conversation into a semantics argument, but it’s not gonna happen.

2 Likes

Except the OP, who apparently feels very strongly about anonymous posting, won’t answer ANY question that we offer to her.

She doesn’t want a discussion, she’s proved that a millions times over.

4 Likes

I didn’t post anything of the sort. Tell me where I said this

Where is it?

Just like its my opinion that the fully anon posting OP wants will only make everything worse and has no beneficial effects.

The system we have now, its incredibly easy to be anonymous.

The fact this is never disputed makes me giggle.

I am trying to have an actual discussion.

The system we have does not make anyone unsafe if you use the tools you have available. The system suggested by OP has no redeeming value, because it does not make you any safer. It only has negative effects.

I get that you dont want to actually talk about this. Like the OP and everyone else that supports the OP.

But doesnt that get boring? Jumping into a conversation to continuously derail it?

6 Likes

Ah, I see, you are the type to step over someone that needs help.

3 Likes

"why can’t we just lie people? All we want to do is just lie. :cry: "

Remember everybody, I’m the PResident of United States and North Korea. No you don’t have to check, believe me. Anybody says otherwise, Fake news.

Trumps voice: Don’t be rooid.

Just an fyi on who you’re agreeing with pretty much… :point_down:

5 Likes

You’re right, you have the option to have an opinion.

1 Like

I agree with this. I believe this - what you have written here, at face value - is an agreeable position to take.

Outside of anonymity and forum posting mechanics, what topics would you like to discuss? I believe I remember reading posts of yours back in the day about high elves, which I thought were fine. That, to me, is a perfectly valid opinion to have.

Was there confrontation during those threads that led to these newer threads about anonymity? I can see why that could be the catalyst.

1 Like

That’s the stance of everyone who supports anonymous posting. “Just report it” or “just ignore it.”

Who cares if it damages people and may actually cause someone to harm themselves. At least you reported it!

7 Likes

I would love to discuss this topic with you. Would you like to explain what benefits fully anon posting has over what we have now? How the current system is lacking?

If you say so. It might also deter people from hopping onto alts, pretending to be different people, liking their own posts, bypassing people’s ignores…the list is endless.

Thanks for your opinion. It’s duly noted.

This is another great example of why anonymous posting would be a horrible idea.

9 Likes

What’s the rest of the context? Many people do believe in the death penalty. Who cares if they believe in the death penalty? I also do for many crimes.

1 Like

Right there. We were discussing specific, horrible, proven things the OP has said, which you chose to handwave as “an opinion”. If that’s not what you meant, you should have been much more clear, because that was the subject at hand. :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

If we can ignore the anonymous poster, other posters will:

• switch to an alt that has no forum ignores setup
  • Ignore the anonymous poster to look for hidden post to see who the anonymous poster is.
  • This off course lead to people creating an alt to create anonymous post with.

Pretty cowardly response considering your reply to those so-called “edited” posts doesn’t complain about them being edited.

So if that’s the stuff you’re already comfortable with talking about, then I really don’t want to know what you’re holding back.

4 Likes

You… you can’t be serious.

The whole point of having a discussion is exchanging opinions, ideas and asking questions. There is no discussion if you just share your opinion and walk away.

Thank you for proving that you, too, are just trolling. Have a great day :slight_smile:

8 Likes