Can we ask for more privacy features in forums to feel more secure?

reporting is the proper method for handling a post that you think may be in breach of the CoC - you have no authority to do anything more than that.

1 Like

No, the subject is about the forums and it’s privacy. Not about whatever the OP was saying 30 years ago. If you guys stopped derailing the thread ALL the time, we wouldn’t have confusions now would we?

1 Like

The OP and anyone supporting fully anon posting will not state why they feel unsafe and what benefit fully anon posting brings over what we have now.

Because they will not after so much discussion, the implication is that they are using this to cover up their actual reasoning for wanting fully anon posting. And judging by their post history, it now makes sense.

The OP and others supporting it dont actually discuss this topic. That is the issue.

4 Likes

I know this wasn’t aimed at me, but the way I’ve always understood one main argument of BTag is that it allows folks to know the account they’re engaging in discussion with, and not just the character. The latter can be created many times over and having multiple characters be able to both flag or like a post can influence what other’s not directly engaged in the topic may think.

If it was Btag-based, each individual would only have 1 flag and 1 like. That ability to ‘review bomb’ a post can be more confidence-shaking (or boosting) when you see the number of likes a certain post has. Btags would prevent this ability to manipulate support by having “1 account, 1 like/report” limit.

4 Likes

But their opinions are the only ones that matter to them, so they prefer to walk in, set a fire and walk back out the door.

7 Likes

You don’t get to decide what the subject of the post you replied to was.

5 Likes

Says someone derailing the thread.

The whole point of a topic and thread is to discuss the topic and thread. The fact that you don’t understand that does explain a lot of your replies to people and your aggressive nature.

6 Likes

It applies ingame too. I have seen MANY times ingame, people calls for help are ignored or they are made fun of, when the request is to help a simple task or kill a mob. I see this more with Classic players.

3 Likes

And you don’t get to decide that my opinion was about the post I never even saw.

You know what acts as a better determent to this?

People being reported and banned for it. So if you actually cared about alleviating that, that’s what you’d advocate for.

And Blizzard has said multiple times that this is not common behavior anyway.

There are multiple ways to do a discussion. Discussions are not synonymous with Q&As.

The OP relays this already. You should read it.

1 Like

Can you point it out to me? because I have read their words, and they do not show the benefits of fully anon posting making you feel safe, vs what we have today.

I know you wont. Because your whole thing is to derail the conversation.

2 Likes

Anyways, time to change it from anonymous posting to BattleTags for the forums.

The OP’s history proves why the forums should never be anonymous, and with how bad other forums with anonymous posting acts, yeah, anonymous posting should never happen. BattleTags on the other hand, are far more secure. And proven to work from looking at other Blizzard owned forums.

7 Likes

You literally said it. So again, either you were wrong, or you said what you said. Those are the two options. Pick one.

1 Like

Yeah, I always feel bad seeing people ask for help and getting silence or getting told to “get better.” I try to help whenever I can, but I’m pretty weak so there’s a lot I can’t help with.

People act like taking 2 minutes to assist someone is gonna ruin their day or something :dracthyr_shrug:

3 Likes

Where did I say I wanted someone to off themselves? If you can’t
find it that I said it word from word then stop.

And this is the crux of your argument – you don’t care about the ideas but the semantics and words of the argument. Let’s try to not fallaciously devolve into a semantics argument.

1 Like

Most people on the forums don’t say “I’m a world first raider and here are my thoughts” though. They say some pretty generic thing about their feelings about class balance and sometimes someone will be like “You don’t even raid why should you talk?” like we aren’t all playing the same game here.

1 Like

this topic is a livin nightmare…

3 Likes

This thread is like a shining example of why we need BattleTags or account-wide ignore.

6 Likes

Ok. Lets talk about the ideas.

What is the idea of fully anon being more safe than what we have now? What is the idea behind that statement? What is the idea that you are not safe now? What is the idea that it would change?

Or…once again.

Are you going to attempt to derail the conversation?