Can someone answer that phone?

Then they cry there’s nobody to fight.

What precisely is “the issue?” Or if there are several issues, what are they?

Are you suggesting that faction imbalance in and of itself a problem?

Is this independent of population size?

Does the problem or do the problems being described exist due to faction imbalance on PVE servers?

Have we defined any actual problems or issues?

Are those problems or issues similar to, “I cannot go pick herbs next to that group of 10 opposite faction members, while completely alone, without dying.”

I rerolled PVE, and am enjoying the game again. Now I decide how I am going to play, what goals I want to get accomplished with my time. On the PVP server other people decided if I could play or not. I can still PVP if I want when BG’s drop.

Happy ending. =]

7 Likes

If the amount of people quiting, rerolling, testimonies from Horde who say there is indeed a problem and the lack of common sense regarding how high numbers can favor a faction aren’t enough… Then there’s nothing I can tell you.

Really even if direct evidence was presented in such a manner that it was undeniable proof, you’d reject it.

4 Likes

What’s the amount?

If you had to guess a number, enough to want to move from one server to another en masse.

Geez I don’t know, why don’t you ask Blizzard? The fact one server had most of their 60’s transfer off kind of says something.

He’s just trolling. How hard is it to understand that you can’t even land somewhere before you are camped, can’t quest or farm, while the horde has all best in slot cause they can move freely and own all the mats.

2 Likes

But who determines which people go in the “PvP Shard”? Is it automatic, or do people have to choose to turn it on? What about people who want to PvP, but are kept out of the shard because there are farmers with their friends in the PvP shard?

Sounds like a good idea, on the surface, but there are knock-on effects that you have to consider before making major system changes.

What in the history of the game made you think they would do that? WoW isn’t a MOBA. The open world isn’t designed to be fair. Blizzard dropped the wild west down, and let people pick the race and class they wanted, so they could play with friends, and make new friends. This is a series of player choices that led to this situation.

There is a difference between perception and reality at times. 120 people is not much, given the size of even a Vanilla server (literally 4% of a vanilla server with 3K people). However, that’s three raid groups. If one is locking down the gate into BRM and two more are waiting inside, then it FEELS like a massive, unstoppable horde. But it is still just a drop in the bucket, compared to total server populations.

But the real problem isn’t that the factions are imbalanced. Not really. The problem is that Alliance players simply don’t want to PvP in the same numbers that Horde do, and haven’t for a decade now. Until more people want to PvP as Alliance, this will never change.

1 Like

Except that this isn’t true. Horde can field more people and do, my server is balanced and the panzies always gather more people. That’s the issue. When the Alliance doesn’t have enough players to counter the Horde opposition then the battle is lost no matter what.

There’s a reason why superior numbers are such a defining thing in war. The only time it isn’t when it comes to skill/quality of weapons/armor. In this case none of that applies. Also the servers are much more populated than Vanilla.

You’re trolling. Why would you even state something like that of me?

I’m asking for details, questioning authenticity of statements, and you are coming with ad hominem? Why?

On which servers? Where? Statements like this actually caused me to reroll Alliance on an imbalanced server, to help with the imbalance.

Certainly these sorts of things happen, but it’s not impossible to do anything. Solo questing in EPL may be impossible at most, if not all times of the day, but I can hardly imagine anyone thinking it would be otherwise, especially during phase 2.

After reading the forums, I had expected to have such a difficult time leveling that things would be near impossible. I expected multiple raid groups in each zone, even leveling zones. This simply was not the case.

Once, while in Redridge, some level 60 horde rolled through and killed some NPCs. A gnome rogue exclaimed, “I cannot turn in my quests. The game is literally unplayable.” I’m not even kidding.

Knowing what the server sizes were going to be, and having plenty of historical reference for faction imbalance, things could be much, much worse.

I have met a handful of people, while leveling, who also rerolled from Horde dominated servers. It has been an interesting experience so far.

1 Like

As I said above. There is proof they did not try. The lag is going to happen long before we absorb all the available bodies into the battle.

There’s people that make excuses and there’s people that find solutions. Mustering the bodies IS possible. They just are not interested.

If the same thing is happening on a balanced server, then the issue isn’t faction balance, Wunderland. The issue is that Alliance doesn’t organize like the Horde. Overall populations are meaningless if you don’t get people to actually organize and get out to fight locally.

Intentionally bogging a server down to crash is grounds for banning, you do know this right?

Also, as someone else mentioned, there wasn’t enough Alliance to likely even cause this issue.

2 Likes

Since when is 40 vs 40 ganking? At no point did I mention anything about ganking. In fact, I am saying the opposite. Those cowering in capital cities need to empty out and fight to give those that are getting ganked a little reinforcements.

Mustering the bodies needed to fight back is intentionally bogging down a server? Ok bud, live in your excuses world.

1 Like

“If they are obviously attempting to affect the realm/continent, etc… we will take appropriate actions. Keep in mind that there is a distinct difference between organizing a raid to take out a faction leader, which can certainly result in high latency and may even impact an area to possibly cause an issue, and intentionally causing the realm/continent to go offline.”

Unlike you, I can cite proof…

Also…

Which is it? Again, you’re not grasping your own argument.

Are you asking people to rally or are you asking people to destabilize the servers.

Perhaps if you made your mind up, then you would not be so frustrated with facts presented vs your argument.

4 Likes

Except you’re assuming this is always the case. Stop applying your flawed logic to every server and every situation.

Let’s take your 120 model. Okay so let’s say Alliance gathers 120 people to match and that’s their max. What do they do when Horde bring in more people because they you know, have more people?

What about if there’s 120 horde and there isn’t 120 Alliance around who can combat them? Seems like numbers play a role in here too.

Let’s say Horde can shut down Flight Paths and areas due to them simply spamming abilities to the point Alliance die and cannot rez, cannot buff and are at a disadvantage numbers wise and buff wise?

You can organize all you want, you can sometimes do everything right and still lose. It’s just how it is when you simply cannot counter the numbers. It’s an Alamo situation.

2 Likes

The Horde followed them, and now they’re being camped on the new server.

Reroll PVE or quit if you can’t handle being outnumbered, that’s what world PVP is. And that’s from someone who spent all of Vanilla outnumbered nearly 10-1 by the Penny Arcade Alliance on Dark Iron.

1 Like

Actually even though people Glorify it, the Alamo was riddled with poor tactical decisions. When you’re outnumbered that greatly the last thing you want to do is trap yourself somewhere without an escape route.