Can someone answer that phone?

It’s interesting though that enough people enjoy it so much that they are stating it on forums. A place that seems to be a place for complaints.

That says a lot.

It’s a forum. People gonna say w/e. But the problem isn’t that they enjoy it.

It’s that others typically say “Oh look, they enjoy, so should you.”

1 Like

The problem is the imbalance makes the game completely unplayable for one side, and boosts the advantaged side. As a 60 alliance warlock, with a decent sized guild, with the wPVP launch the game literally became unplayable. Want to run an instance for gear? Join a PUG and then spend at least 30 minutes corpsejumping from the FP to the instance, and hope you don’t get kicked from the group when they get tired of waiting. Need to do a quest? Don’t bother, you are going to be followed and camped by 10 horde competing for the kill since you are the only alliance in the zone. Need felcloth for your BIS chest? Every farm spot has a dozen horde in it, and you are instadead.

Having some competition is fine, but right now most servers are on lockdown. I don’t even have time to summon a pet before I am re-killed. I can’t progress, I can’t play, and I certainly can’t have any fun.

The only people “not crying” are the ones standing over the helpless with their boots on the necks or the weaker faction. Enjoy your empty servers I guess?

8 Likes

A lot of people seem to come to forums to complain. We can pretty easily find research on customers who have negative experiences being more likely to be social about them than customers with positive experiences.

So, as a matter of course, people do not have a problem with enjoying the game.

It would be a good idea to clarify what problem(s) are being discussed, instead of referring to all things as “the problem” imo.

1 Like

So what happened? I haven’t played in like 2 weeks due to having more important things to do. Did they shut down a server?

Of course. But that’s always the case. The squeaky wheel is gonna be heard first, not the other 3 works fine.

But ‘a’ problem for one is, in this case, a problem for many as well. Do those many represent the whole? No. But the view on this forum dictates that they don’t matter. Which is yet another issue.

Alliance of Flamelash got tired of being dominated due to the imbalance, got an open transfer, left en masse leaving really no Alliance on Flamelash.

2 Likes

So players fixed a player made problem like I’ve seen so many bark for weeks. Cool

5 Likes

Yes and no.

It’s fixed for them, but the server is lost WPvP wise.

It’s also not really a player made problem as that not many could know off the bat how imbalanced some or which servers would be.

Yep, and I’m loving it. The rest of the Alliance on PvP servers should follow suit. Take matters into your own hands! You can do it!

munches popcorn over on PvE server

No, it doesn’t. That’s hyperbole.

Give some actual examples of what you mean. This will help to clarify what problems you are experiencing personally.

Is this what you define as “literally unplayable?” I would literally question your understanding of the meaning of the words you are using.

This may sound overly anal, but to those who are not on your realm, the words you use are taken literally, even if you mean them figuratively.

PVE activities, such as collecting materials becomes difficult on a PVP server. Higher population PVP servers during phase 2 exacerbate the difficulty. Faction imbalance may also contribute. How are the high population, relatively well balanced servers for these activities?

I don’t find that to ring true from my experiences, but I’ve recently [rerolled Alliance on a Horde dominated server] during phase 2 (So I Decided to Reroll), so my experiences may be different from that of others.

1 Like

There needs to be a better solution, perhaps something when one side starts to outnumber the other on a server, the overage goes into their own shard where they can farm or whatever, but the “PVP shard” is always close to 1 vs 1. This would be better than putting the larger factions in a login queue or something because they could still farm mats or run dungeons.

So instead of balancing servers at character creation, keeping them within 100 or so for each faction, they just let it run unchecked and created this situation.

3 Likes

Are you trolling or purposely being obtuse?

Honestly I cannot tell with half the posters here who think faction imbalance isn’t an issue.

2 Likes

Right, and so having people come to the forums to say, "Oh but wait now… I’m actually really, really enjoying phase 2, and pushing back against the complaints may really be telling.

It’s pretty easy to lump every opinion into two sides, however we might label them. But, it doesn’t appear that everyone is really just talking about 2 sides of the same thing. There are a lot of opinions and perspectives, it seems…

It also seems that there’s an assumption that “the problem” is faction imbalance, when this in and of itself describes or defines no problem.

not easier, more fun. this game is about fun, no? ganking people is fun for you, being ganked is not. no amount of “being productive” will make it so.

The issue is that those not wanting to PvP will do what they can to get into that barren shard while others who also don’t will be stuck in the ones with everyone in it.

Alternatively, it creates that ‘easy mode’ PvP servers dislike because you’re then allowing them to bypass the point of the server (other than the griefing/ganking)

in theory that works, but how do account for play time. How many of us have an inactive or rarely used alt on other PvP servers, that would take up a slot in a balance server scenario, but provide no contribution to server activity.

what server are you babbling incoherently about?
Edit: nvm just an old news flamelash thread

What is for one isn’t for another. I’m leveling on Deviate Delight, a 60/40 A to H ratio, as Alliance. Things are peachy. A guy from there posted an issue and he was Horde.

Alternatively, this was not the case for Flamelash and quite opposite.

It is the problem that led to Flamelash falling.

Ideally pvp realms should be balanced in order to have engaging wars with each other. The reality however, is that players want to dominate and push the opposing faction of the realms.

Find a more balanced server, or go to a pve one.