Can someone answer that phone?

Because I freaking called it.

While I did not expect the first server death to happen as quick as it has, it was easy to see it coming. No one wants to pay money to corpsewalk everywhere. Now the Horde got exactly what they wanted. All the alliance left the server and now they can play alone in their empty sandbox.

No amount of “getting good” can overcome a massive numbers advantage. When you land at any FP and get slammed by 10 instant cast spells and die there is no fighting back. When you bring 10 to a fight and they bring 15-30 and sometimes more there is no rallying cry or tactic that overcomes the sheer amount of numbers that get pumped out.

My guess is Stalaag is next.

40 Likes

Yessss. The first falls, and soon the others shall, and the weeping of the PvP crowd will be glorious to behold.

I’m making popcorn, if any of my fellow ‘carebears’ care to watch the pretty pretty fire burn.

40 Likes

Stating facts is crying.

TIL

21 Likes

If a realm has fallen it did so without a fight. People believing the are out numbered but never pulled 2% of the population together to do something about it.

2% is all it would take to lag a zone to death. Which isn’t happening.

6 Likes

So… trade one issue for another while then making the previous issue irrelevant. .-.

1 Like

Nope, the lag is proof. There is a ceiling that’s never being reached. Proof that people don’t bother trying.

1 Like

The alliance to act like a bunch of babies and quit instead of i dunno, doing something productive?

3 Likes

I don’t think you’re grasping your own reasoning.

You’re saying that 2% of the opposing, dominated, faction should rally for the purpose of lagging the server out (which if known to be intentionally is grounds for suspension/banning) against the larger dominating faction.

And that in not doing so, equates to them not trying. Now, 2% can obviously mean any varying number based on each sides population, so let’s say Flamelash had 2000 players for horde and 1200 for alliance (as it was about 60/40 as of 3 months ago)

2% of 1200 = 24 while 2% of 2000 = 40.

Now, I know some situations it takes about 300 to start making things dicey, and let’s say for the sake of argument we up the amount equally. Horde will still outnumber the Alliance in this instance and overwhelm them…regardless of how many they rally.

If All 1200 rallied… equally against 2000, you’re still outnumbered.

Why is this hard to get?

7 Likes

Wow, you still have failed.

No, that’s not what is being said in the least. The lack of effort to even come close to those number is the point.

Unless you are telling me that 300 people on the lower population faction is impossible.

1 Like

There aren’t even 300 Alliance left on Flamelash.

3 Likes

Yep, because it’s easier to leave the put in the effort to pull those people together. At least that’s the case when the faction is full or people that should have been on a Normal realm.

1 Like

Look lil mama, just because you can’t grasp your own argument is no reason for the insults, so let’s not go there.

So the atmosphere of this forum is that any server that is dominated deserves it and what comes with it just as well.

What comes with it is the dominating faction prevents progress. So unless you’re telling me that the lower represented faction can progress well enough (300 out of 1200) That 25% of the population is capable of a consistent progress without being prevented from doing so is possible, then sure. Yea it’s possible.

But let’s be honest here, spouting numbers like you know exactly how it was there when you don’t even play there is ignorant in and of itself. So, do all of us a favor, do some homework and come back when your reasoning has some traction.

2 Likes

Well no actually, PvP isn’t happening on that server anymore.

22 Likes

The spouting off is the people blaming any excuse they can come up with. The fact is 2 raid groups can fight back anything the dominate faction can through at them. Then, when, no wait, IF, the dominate faction came back with larger forces.

Guess what happens. The forums blow up with lag is killing wPvP.

We don’t see those threads ever. Why? Because wPvP isn’t what people want. Even though they rolled on a realm type that specifically opens them to wPvP.

1 Like

Often this is the case though. You’re right, people CAN rally. But you nor I know if they tried on Flamelash because we don’t play there.

Say hypothetically they did. How long do you think a drawn out fight will last until more of the dominant side responds for HK’s when dominant server factions are already starved for it as it is. It’s like throwing meat into piranha infested water… they WILL come, we both know that.

I’d even wage they maybe won a fight or two in their resistance. But numbers isn’t a hard thing to gauge here. If you have 40, they have 80 based on ratio. There are those that just outright don’t want to PvP (and it blows my mind why they are there) or maybe they didn’t know what a pvp server was (it’s been posted), but the bottom line is numbers don’t lie.

Flamelash is a major and a fearful example of what may happen to other imbalanced servers.

Everyone’s only hope right now is that Tuesday, BG’s solve some of those woes.

1 Like

Some people, who are complaining, may complain less.

What is WRONG with you? Seriously! It’s a 15 year old game that is incomplete and will remain that way! You need to accept that FACT and move on!

1 Like

There’ll never be a world where people don’t complain.

But hopefully constructive discussion and arguments can help people realize ups and downs and how they are affecting the game.

Flamelash is an example. It’s curious to see others virulently opposing to gain some semblance of balance all around.

The ultimate end is that these servers suffer the same fate, classic diminishes, and blizz has an excuse not to worry about it anymore.

That’s the real complaint here.

3 Likes

It would be interesting to have any.

Of a different region that we do not have access to. Potentially quite different circumstance, culture, even EULA.

Here’s a thought, some people (maybe most? idk - I don’t have numbers) actually enjoy the imbalance. It would be very difficult to make any sort of argument that we could not have predicted or did not predict it would happen.

It’s rare… but it happens… but it’s rare… but it happens…

There have been people saying they have enjoyed the underdog group, obviously less so than those who don’t.

But in the grand scheme of things, generally speaking, this is a potential result and based on some of the players testimony, is already happening.

Look at what happened with Stalagg and Heartseeker.

1 Like