Can I Please go to the Maw?

So cute, dread missed me so much he had to respond to the same post again a few days later!

The winter queen and ysera are also not night elves. Ysera didn’t even help the night elves out while Garrosh was destroying their homes in Ashenvale, Ysera did show up to celebrate Thrall’s wedding though and cheer for Aggra being pregnant in the ending cutscene, for orcs of course.

Also all the stuff in shadowlands tyrande did was irrelevant to the plot you can pretty much remove that and nothing changes. BfA, other than the night elves being the victims of a genocide, they also were not central to the plot and didn’t even impact the main story, they didn’t even get a story with Azshara who has been a main antagonist for specifically the night elves and Tyrande since WC3.

Orc fatigue exists for a reason, night elves have not been nearly as relevant to the plot and thrall did literally everything in cata except for Malfurion showing up with Hamuul to fight Rag. I wonder though when human fatigue sets in.

5 Likes

“Ardenweald isn’t nelf content, guys.”
https://imgur.com/a/klE1kBZ

1 Like

I literally mentioned when ardenweald was first revealed that it didn’t feel like an afterlife for all things and all races felt like a night elf zone.

5 Likes

I need to see her backwards flip upside down triple pike move again. Is she depowered?

Genuinely feels like it’s missing Loa content. Like Bwomsamdi turns up and there’s this huge song and dance about Mueh’Zala and then that get resolves offscreen in a dungeon.

I’m only about halfway through it though so maybe there’s more but man. Brow beating Horde players out the gate for ish we didn’t want or ask for is pretty wild.

7 Likes

I feel like that and the drust problem just got swept under the rug. I was honestly hoping there would be a major patch that added a raid or something and more story to the zone. (honestly major patch for each zone for each covenant, Revendreth being the focus for the first)

As for Sylvanas, no thanks. Ive had enough of her for a long long while. imo your more than welcome to keep doing the 20 souls weekly. At most I think she could at least be a companion that follows you when you do that quest to help you get through the zone easier.

1 Like

Here is the thread found it.

Edit: I bet if some of these forum posters said I was wrong the other patches made me very disappointed in how the horde races were treated

Yeah, the Jailer cut the bond between him and Sylvanas when she turned on him.

Kil’jaeden didn’t remove Illidan’s power when he betrayed him.

Sylvanas wasn’t a vessel for Zovaals power. He just taught her some tricks

Illidan’s demon transformation came after consuming the fel energy from the Skull of Gul’dan, which Kil’jaeden didn’t have control over. The Jailer let Sylvanas draw power from the Maw, which was what she was fueling with the Fourth War and what let her fight Saurfang and Bolvar so effortlessly. The Jailer took those perks away when she left his Covenant, as it were.

1 Like

I mean you know more about when he digivolved than I do, but I can’t for one moment humor the idea that Gul’dan conferred more demonic power than Kil’jaeden had.

What part of the story conveys this idea?

Kil’jaeden could have given Illidan a lot more power, but he didn’t. Illidan was still a Night Elf at the beginning of Warcraft III, and had been so for the ten-thousand years since Kil’jaeden did anything for Illidan.

The 9.2 content with her. She didn’t even get to wear her Maw Covenant armor set any more.

She’s more a product of her accepting that she’s a prisoner of whatever we’re called during Shadowlands.

It’s been an obscenely long time since I read Illidan related stuff, but I swear that either Kil’jaeden or Sargeras (I don’t remember which) took Illidan’s eyes and that was that.
Maybe I’m misremembering.

Sylvanas isn’t the Maw Walker’s prisoner in 9.2, as she’s rather under Uther’s watch until her sentencing.

When I said we, I meant our group. Ashen Verdict, for example, was the united force against Arthas. That’s why I said “Whatever we’re called.”

Sylvanas was our prisoner as a group.

During the War of the ancients Sargeras burned out Illidans eyes for magic infused ones that’s normal for demon Hunters now. The demon form that he has now happened after snacking on Gul’dans skull.

Sylvanas only really hangs out with Bolvar, Uther, Jaina, and Thrall in 9.2.

Yeah. And they’re part of the Unified Covenant Force, whatever that force is called.

Death’s Advance.