Can I Please go to the Maw?

Jokes aside they could probably just add a Sylvanas NPC along with Dori’thor who just wanders around the Maw and can be interacted with. It wouldn’t necessarily be canon since I’m pretty sure (hoping, desperately) that the Shadowlands are closed off after this. But it would allow players to go and ‘help’ her if they so chose, much like how there was a quest to specifically save night elf souls from the Maw. Ergo, a drop in the bucket but at the very least a nod.

4 Likes

What do you have against her fans dude?

That’s all I want really, is that too much to ask?

I want to play World of Sylvanascraft.

5 Likes

In my case I can’t wait to get more of Tyrande. She deserves to be in the spotlight but not in the crappy way like so far. Also Malfurion, I need to see in the next expansion. He’s the closest to the Green Dragonflight!

5 Likes

They really do need to do justice with Tyrande next expac. I love sylvanas and all, but the way blizz handled tyrande in BfA and SL was just horrendous. Be nice to see her do something with the green Dragonflight next expac, concerning growing a new home for her people and such

9 Likes

Yeah but I want to see Tyrande only where it makes sense. I don’t want Blizzard to start using her in situations where she would feel out of place. Maybe if they regrow Teldrassil using this new Tear of Elune Seed Tyrande can participate channeling Elune to infuse this new tree with her powers while Malfurion helps the Green Dragons do their blessings as well.
What I mean is that Malfurion should be the face when dealing with green dragons but either way is fine.

But the real reason I would actually opt for not having any of my beloved leaders in the spotlight would be to keep them from getting the same treatment Sylvanas got. I may hate her with all my heart now but I do have to admit Blizzard screwed her badly.

3 Likes

Most people can’t stand being in the maw for five minutes but you’d rather spend multiple years of your life frolicking in Super Hell with Sylvanas?

There’s your answer.

3 Likes

Get a life.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with loving Sylvanas and you don’t have to apologize for that, but most people are generally sick of the character. For legitimate reasons and other not so good reasons.

Would having her back be cool? Sure, but she was always at her best when she was a side a character, like Greymane. Someone who has the occasional cool moment, but doesn’t hog the spotlight.

But that’s just me. :wolf:

2 Likes

Oh crap, I don’t think I’ll ever recover from that one. Ya got me.

There’s nothing wrong with loving a character, it’s when the character becomes bigger than the story itself and especially to it’s detriment that things take an ugly turn. Looking at the story as it is right now, it’s certainly taken that turn and nosedived off a cliff.

9 Likes

Which was the point I was making. Glad we’re on the same page :wolf:

3 Likes

The character isn’t just a train wreck. It’s a train wreck that went off the rails and slammed into the reactor room of a nuclear power plant. You don’t want to even get near that thing until the radiation levels have started to drop.

Deciding to mix that with the Maw, a zone so conceptually boring even the art team couldn’t make it interesting, wouldn’t be bad game design. It’d be WoW’s suicide note.

1 Like

Trolling is against the forum CoC. Better watch out.

You assume blizzard cares about trolls.
Looks at GD

2 Likes

They said they would bring her back but for what reason?Where is there to even go with this character apart from just letting her die and be sorted out by Pelagos?

Yes, yes and your dad works at nintendo and will send Mario and Luigi to bust my kneecaps because you didn’t like what I had to say. I’ve heard it all before, Sparky.

2 Likes

How is what you said trolling? Sylvanas is a great character, but she’s become a narrative black hole at this point. Best to keep her in the maw for a few years. Give majority of people time to forget.

1 Like

No one is going to forget what they did to slyvanas that’s just wishful thinking sadly

5 Likes

Sadly you’re right. It really is a shame how blizz ruined her character so thoroughly

5 Likes

Only as long as your forum posting rights are on hold until ALL the elf souls are clicked on.

Because kids in the back apparently need to hear this,

Orc fatigue was already set during Cataclysm.

Already happened.
Cataclysm, via Malfurion
Legion, via Tyrande, Maiev, Illidan, Ysera, and Malfurion
BFA, via Tyrande, Shandris, Malfurion
Shadowlands via Tyrande, Shandris, Elune, Night Warriors, Winter Queen, Ysera
(Next time coming is Dragonflight)

3 Likes