Can I Please go to the Maw?

Dragonland sounds fun, but is there an option to help Sylvanas clear out the Maw for the next three years? A very close runner up is to help the Forsaken rebuild.

I wouldn’t set foot in Dragonland if either of these could keep my occupied.

14 Likes

Well you already can. You can free souls and click on them to save them. There is even a weekly associated with this.

10 Likes

Her point is that she wants to do things with the former leader of the Forsaken rather than work with dragons (and probably also the inevitable assortment of Alliance-Only npcs)

13 Likes

Get a blonde wig and a guilt complex and you’ll fit right in!

9 Likes

Well… there is precedent for this. In BfA, Blizzard did give the option of a Loyalty Path… though it had less rewards. The Loyalist Path came late in development, and was not intended initially.

Maybe Blizzard will grant Loyalists a separate phased version of the Maw, where we can Quest with Sylvanas, save souls, and take on the hostile forces within the Maw - while the rabble goes on to their devices.

We eschewed the temptations of “the filthy rag toy reward” that the Saurfang Traitors were gifted, because they played the Game the way Blizzard wanted. We don’t all need gifts or pleasantries to determine our path!

May be some in the Horde would wish to help in the Maw as penance, or because they have friends and loved ones there. Maybe some in the Alliance would want to help, because they have loved ones who might be lost to the Maw. Dorithur is there for Alliance fans, and Anduin might be too!

Do it Blizzard. And let the English see you do it.

4 Likes

I would like this as well. I’d gladly give two raids in DF for this.

5 Likes

Loyalist: I know her arc is effectively finished, but can I still keep siding with Sylvanas?

Blizz: Okay dude, is there any other aspect of this world that you care about?

Loyalist: …I’m not dignifying that with an answer.

17 Likes

Only under the condition that the characters assisting Sylvanas never leave the Maw until her penance is done.

3 Likes

I would like to help the night elves rebuild and retake their land for the next three years instead of going to the home of useless dragons while pretending the genocide of the night elves didn’t happen. Here we are though, it’s like if your family was murdered and your home just burned down and they want you to go to a party right after and they try to pretend it didn’t happen, it feels bad.

8 Likes

I love posts like these, because it only makes Night Elf Fatigue™® that much more prevalent. Between Blizzard forcing nelves down our throats and posts like these, it is inevitable that nelves will be regarded amongst the playerbase similarly to how orcs are.

I’m not too worried about that. That would require the night elves to do something other than have a cameo from Tyrande, like getting a bunch of CGI cinematics like sadfang, move the story and be central to the plot etc. Something blizzard would never do. It’s also funny how my post is essentially just the op’s just restated a different way and you take an issue with people wanting some unresolved plotlines to be taken care of, while pretending people aren’t insanely tired of Sylvanas.

11 Likes

Yeah, that’s clear.
:joy:

1 Like

I’d be content with the worgen and night elves building a pretty epic gothic elf home together. After they rampage through the horde ranks first :wolf:

6 Likes

Would we have a progress bar?

It would be funny if her fanbase was so massive, the Maw got cleansed before the first Raid in Dragonflight was cleared.

Heck, if her fanbase helping her in game means she gets redemption faster and can return to dominating the narrative, she might be done with all of Tyrande’s tasks before the next expac.

6 Likes

Yes. But every 10,000 souls only moves the bar a half a percentage

1 Like

I’d like to be given the chance to visit the Maw once in a while. Perhaps with a quest that lets us control Dori’thur so that we can spam moonfire on Sylvanas if we see her slacking off! Oh the joy!

7 Likes

okay but you only get half of one house for every ten million kills.

This is a great idea. I don’t even like Sylvanas and I’d pitch in.

3 Likes

Our reward was the epilogue scene with Sylvannas, I wouldn’t expect anything else to come with it.

1 Like

You’ll get that Sylv Body Pillow from all of Captain Grim’s videos when they finally introduce player housing in 12.0.

1 Like

Okay, you can do that, but first, you need to finance it. So blizzard can hire extra developers to create the stuff for the maw.