Calm the Wolf

I won’t race change, but I might revisit my old Worgen characters. Truth be told, I have too many alts as it is, so it’ll only be an occasional leveling adventure.

Honestly it is not my priority either. If I had to choose a posture correction or tails I’d pick the former. But people don’t tend to argue against that one nearly as much. Maybe someone will come along and tell me if I want a normally animated back I should play a vulpera. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It was fine though. The early lore was still in flux. We never truly understood what Draenei even wear originally. They were enemies of the Orcs but we never knew the extent of their war with them or how they were defeated. WC3: TFT added some lore but even then, that was already at the point that Draenor had become Outland, warped by the fel, so I bought the excuse readily about the devolution based on exposure to Fel. We saw Orcs mutate into horrible creatures in the Burning Peninsula, why not Draenei as well? Eredar being related to the Lost Ones was a bit of a stretch of course but the intermediate steps they added with the Broken Draenei helped smooth that curve out.

1 Like

A fellow Worgen of culture, I see.
I’m down for good posture as well, but my white whale is proper monstrous height.

1 Like

Yes. That’s the problem. We should.

1 Like

If they get tails when they shift back to human do the tails fall off or will they shrink back up into them?

Draeni becoming broken is just kinda awkward lore, by itself with no context.

In context, Sargeras captured the Eradar demons but was corrupted by them. Then freed the leaders Archimond and Kil’jaeden and made them his lieutenants and started the Legion. The Legion then went to Argus, corrupted Archimond and Kil’jaeden and the rest of the Eradar.

Those that escaped called themselves Draeni and went to a planet they named Draenor. Thousands of years of war happened between the Draeni and orcs, except they were peaceful relations until Demons contacted Ner’Zul. Then after the world blew up THOSE Eradar/Draeni were corrupted, but instead of becoming conventional Eradar they became Broken. Because reasons.

Why are you explaining the lore to me I know the lore. It’s fine.

:dracthyr_a1:

…I mean if that seems like coherent lore and not a pile of conflicting events to you…

:dracthyr_shrug:

That’s no longer true. That was based on the WCIII box insert, which was retconned by BC. Metzen has apologized for this. In canon, Sargeras corrupted the Eredar by approaching the triumvirate.

Because those are two completely different things. Eredar were corrupted by actually using fel magic themselves. The Broken were basically irradiated by their planet exploding.

None of this has anything to do with worgen tails, it’s just you trying to say that story and logical progression should be ignored because you want what you want and you want it now.

1 Like

I wonder if I’ll ever not be amused by someone running up the “but you’re using wikipedia!!” flag of desperation.

Wow really? I probably should have said something like:

:dracthyr_a1:

Now THAT is a non sequitur.

Probably shoulda.

I’m starting to think you’re trolling as much as I am lol

Bah. Good posture is for the young and naive. I want my worgen to be a wise old hag, who weaves her dark magic with one hand in the dirt.

2 Likes

I always thought they should have done it like Genn in heroes of the storm - pristine in human form, but torn up in worgen form.

Also, pointy ears would be a fun option!

Also also, let them use their claws in combat! A worgen rogue using weapons is ridiculous!

3 Likes

Upright male worgen when?

1 Like

Once upon a time I tried a worgen and, I was annoyed that I could not stay in human form when attacked by puny things that I could ignore. I want the transformation to be something to use more as a buff when I REALLY gets pissed off at an enemy, it shouldn’t be mandatory when the opposition is trivial.

Having said that I would also love to see non cursed Gilneans as well. Not all of them became worgen. I love their art stile and voices.

2 Likes

is it like a rule where every other game about world of warcraft has to have cooler concepts than the main game.

2 Likes

Wolves don’t wear underwear either. Let worgen hide underwear as the fur should be able to cover up certain bits.

Checking hearthstone, I have only see two cards with tails…and one of them is suppose to be an Old God corrupted worgens. I guess the tail crowd can always pray to them, maybe they will give them a tail?

https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Sweet_Tooth_(Corrupted)