Calm the Wolf

Now that worgen are finally getting Calm the Wolf in 10.1, many players may be considering a race change. This is a welcome addition, but there are three more things that would make the race even more appealing:

• Hunched Option for Females - it feels weird and looks goofy standing upright when you’re supposed to be a grotesque werewolf. I’m not sure why males are hunched and females aren’t (or vice versa). At least give equal treatment and let the player choose.
  • Form/Stance Conditional - a macro to cast “running wild” when in worgen form and/or when “calm the wolf” is not active; otherwise use a normal mount in one keybind
  • Wolf Travel Form - worgen druids really need a wolf travel form, or at the very least, a glyph that allows running wild to also be their travel form.

It’s good to see flavor and customization being worked on again though, so thank you.

21 Likes

Three options but none of them are tails. 0/10 thread.

21 Likes

Naturally. Worgen don’t have tails.

14 Likes

Why would people race change to furry human because of an option that let them be normal human? Why would they not just be human?

3 Likes

That would be pack form. It would be a fun option however, given it’s history, it’s unlikely that the Cenerian Circle would be teaching how to use it.

1 Like

theyre dogs so they should have tails

7 Likes

And yet, they don’t, and never have :dracthyr_shrug:

4 Likes

but they might if blizzard listens

3 Likes

Considering how hard the devs keep memeing the pro-tail crowd (I can’t believe in the year of our lord 2023 there exists actual argument about this), I find it unlikely. Don’t really care if they do, it’s just funny how worked up people get about it lol

3 Likes

Don’t they in the hearthstone art?

6 Likes

Proper Gilnean ladies have good posture. :wine_glass:

8 Likes

Yes, and Night Elves don’t have dark eyes or black hair.
Orcs don’t stand up straight.
Blood Elves don’t have blue eyes.
And so on, and so forth.

10 Likes

I just want to slouch, wave my fancy cane, and growl at kids in my yard.

3 Likes

Hell, not just hoods. Their own freakin heritage armor clips like crazy!

I’m hoping someone on the PTR can make a point of verifying how Calm the Wolf functions with druid forms. The specific scenarios I’m curious about are:

• If you are in combat in cat/bear form, then leave combat, then shift out of cat/bear form, does it correctly put you in human form?
  • If you are in combat in moonkin form with Glyph of Stars, then leave combat, does it correctly return you to human form with the Glyph effect?

I definitely agree about the wolf travel form. That would be cool. Or at least some kind of unique travel form.

1 Like

A rework of our heritage armor would be appreciated also.

The same could have been said of Draeni until late 2006. :dracthyr_shrug:

That’s a non sequitor lol

Draenei were a minor retcon related to plot development. Are you suggesting that story should be added to somehow explain that worgen had tails all along and they were just invisible or something?

Huh? I distinctly remember Eredar having tails.

I hate to say it but it’d be really nice to get one free race change per expansion (A FFXIV feature)

1 Like

Most likely too late but at least the Gilneas tabard looks awesome on the leather Warfront outfit for a Worgen of action. :+1:

Worried Gilneas outfits will continue to be formal attire.

1 Like