Calm the wolf announced

Werewolves man. Werewolves. It’s really not a hard concept to grasp as long as you try.

3 Likes

No one shoot me, I’m old and I forgot. But do Worgen, like old school original Druids of the Pack even have tails? I don’t think they do. Pack Form was another story but I feel the feral wolf shape of pack form is a druid only thing.

The thing about player Worgen is they’re cursed people. This is after all WoW’s rendition of the werewolf archetype. Tails while aesthetic sort of detract in my eyes from the monstrous abomination aspect in favor of ‘furry uwu’. UwU is fine, it works well on Vulpera who are specifically designed to be cute but I prefer customization and design choices that keep Worgen as monstrous beasts.

The glowing eyes were a god send for the female character models. The rummy meme eyed rabid chihuahua thing had a lot to do with the eyes and face. Alpha female models with a more traditional worgen head shape were lovely.

3 Likes

They have only existed in the game using conventional worgen model, and that was part of a Sythe of Elune appearance. But what other model would they use than the conventional worgen one? I guess the original vanilla one and no it didn’t have a tail, but by that logic neither did Draeni. :dracthyr_shrug:

The “reasonable” arguments against it are it will take adding attachments and such to the model, but those assets already exist, and you can see them with the saberon model, which is just a modified worgen. The rest are pretty subjective or just ill thought out.

When it comes to warcraft shapeshifting in general…

3 Likes

Then turn off Calm the Wolf, and you will permanently stay in Worgen form.

Gilnean Humans have enough control over the curse that the only time they lose control is when they are in a fight. The rest of the time, it is up to them individually whether they want to go back to their Human form or not. This functionality is not changing.

There used to be a popular addon for Worgens that would automatically shift you back to Human form whenever possible i.e. leaving combat, but Blizzard broke the addon when they made it so addons essentially could no longer press a button for you without your input.

Calm the Wolf more or less replicates what the addon once did.

1 Like

Meh, I feel like you are in the minority on this one though unfortunately.

Like, I will NEVER get the classic overworld 1-60, with original shadowfang keep and original deadmines, original barrens, ETC, back for chromie time.

And I don’t feel like blizzard will EVER give worgens tails.

This will make some people happy. I use the similar ability on my Dracthyr. I might use this just so transmogs work correctly when I am in cities.

As for tails, I am ambivalent.

Oh, how did you manage to get those customizations available to you when they weren’t upon release? After all, Alleria didn’t undergo the same ritual and transformation that playable Void Elves did.

2 Likes

Worgens want tails.

1 Like

Worgen’s want tails, and I want the classic wow original 1-60 overworld to come back for chromie time.

1 Like

1 Like

No tails for fake foxes.

Foxier than you’ll ever be.

If you want a tail, vulpera are there waiting for you.

Lol nah i’m a 11/10.

11/10 means you’re a 1.1

That’s about right. A little self-deprecating to say it about yourself though.

They must have forgotten to list the tails they added to worgen for the announcement. It’d fine “tHEy’rE lIStEnInG!” So I’m sure it’s in there. It’s be really embarrassing if they don’t add that worgen customization with this feature after all.

I can’t wait for this with my worgen! :slight_smile:

Now do it with a Druid!

Blizzard forgot that it was odd that we couldn’t have the same skin color as our literal faction leader.

No but we Worgen can free you from your Tauren form and turn you into that which you were ment to be… your hamburger form!