Calia will NOT be the new Forsaken Leader, nor join the Horde

Confirmed by Ion in a recent Chinese interview.

Q2. Will Calia Menethil and Derek Proudmoore join the Horde in the upcoming story?
A: This is a complicated issue. Calia is very sympathetic towards the situation and condition of the Forsaken, but she will not join the Horde because of this. Additionally, the number of Forsaken who may welcome their presence is not fixed.

56 Likes

We have been spared from a great evil.

62 Likes

So that means she will lead the undead night elves… back into the alliance right?

6 Likes

A positive revelation, to be sure, but that still leaves the Forsaken as a leaderless faction.

17 Likes

Calia or not, without Sylvanas the Forsaken aren’t really at all what I loved since Vanilla.

This news is just a cold comfort.

33 Likes

It’s not so bad once you get used to it. :pensive:

Lightforged Undead Ally race incoming.

5 Likes

Maybe she will join the Horde because of something else :wink:

2 Likes

And now I picture a scenario where Voss’s plans to get Calia as the Forsaken leader failing but Calia encouraging Voss to lead them.

10 Likes

Im not sure how much of a lore guy Ion is to be taking his word. It also doesn’t stop Blizzard from changing their mind down the line. What else would Calia do?

1 Like

Become a Khadgar. Neutral questgiver. Lead players around on quests centered around dying and the Light.

Helcular the Lich for Forsaken leader.

25 Likes

Sylvanas will most likely come back after her redemption.

:face_vomiting:

3 Likes

He’ll need a title comparable to the Banshee Queen.

3 Likes

It’s more than likely Voss if not Calia.

1 Like

Voss says that she will speak for her people, but not lead them. She says that, she has someone in mind already.

1 Like

But wasn’t that supposed to be Calia?

4 Likes

Unlikely, imo. The most “redemptive” outlook for Sylvanas that I can see is something like becoming the new Jailer - assuming a position of power that keeps her “important” in an abstract sense but removes her from the story at hand.

If something like that were to happen, Nathanos might come back, though.

5 Likes

One can only hope.

She never should have left in the first place.

14 Likes
3 Likes

true, she should have never left her supposed grave

2 Likes

I breathe a sigh of relief, but still curse Calia for existing in the first place.

I’m hoping that this either means she outright refuses Voss’s offer or tries and immediately realizes she dun goofed and leaves.

So I guess… Voss is the Forsaken rep?

I miss Nate.

4 Likes