Calia is Queen now apparently

XD he really does.

I’m not really opposed to this but, I’m thinking this is just a typo or (worse) really bad indication of her taking a leader roles when she stated previously that she would only be helping, not ruling.

2 Likes

Not my Queen

10 Likes

about damn time

Nah, she was second-in-line to the throne, Lordaeron apparently used male-preference primogeniture or something, so Arthas was first and she was second despite the ages being the opposite.

1 Like

I mean yea she was accepted as Queen during the Forsaken Heritage Armor Questchain.

2 Likes

Woah woah woah

Bucket? A funny bucket?

Arthas, is that you??

1 Like

Boring Bizzarro Sylvanas was always going to be queen. Just make like Season 8 Jon Snow and accept it. It’ll be easier on us all.

Her father, specifically, was very misogynistic. He kind of tormented her, and even tried marrying her off to Lord Daval Prestor (Deathwing’s disguise) for more power in the bloodline. Calia deserves some kind of flowers, because her father was NOT a great man to her in the books.

1 Like

Source? In the case of the Prestor thing it’s made pretty clear that Deathwing was mind controlling Terenas, Genn and Daelin to all support him as Prestor and Terenas dropped the marriage idea the moment the mind control was gone. As for the rest, RotLK and Before the Storm say the opposite:

She was doted on by her father, but although Terenas was a kind and understanding man, he made clear that he would choose his son-in-law, and that Calia would agree to it.

The latter part was true for Arthas as well, it’s specified in RotLK that the only reason his relationship with Jaina was allowed was both Terenas and Daelin agreed to it. And tbh that’s the norm for aristocracy (even the modern day, look at the failures the British royals have had in that regard).

2 Likes

I mean, technically she is a queen. She just doesn’t have a county to rule.

2 Likes

Doesn’t there need to be a coronation? Some formal rite of ascension?

from Imgflip Meme Generator

4 Likes

The source of this is to read Arthas: Rise of the Lich King. Likely, some of the more “controversial” storylines involving some of the re-emerging characters are silently ret-conned, but this was stated in the book that Calia literally cried in her room, and Arthas walked in on her, after their father and claimed her to marry Lord Prestor. She even discusses to him - which he couldn’t understand because he was a boy - that she has limitations for being a woman, and their father was a major conflict for that.

2 Likes

I feel like that might not be intended but I could be wrong. Maybe someone writing the text mixed her up with Tess and it was a slip.

3 Likes

Yes, the same book I’m citing, where it otherwise says that outside that incident her father doted on her and was a kind and understanding man.

As for said Prestor case, read Day of the Dragon, we get Terenas’ perspective both under the mind-control and more importantly after it breaks, the latter has him immediately thinking along the lines of ‘what the hell was I thinking in even considering marrying Calia to him?’

She has the Anduin problem. She’s a bland, morally spotless, narrative black hole.
The second she shows up, no matter the context, she becomes the focus of the scene. Every. Single. Time.
And the fact that they’re trying so hard to shove her down our throats really feels like an insult from the writers.

16 Likes

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

She should just wait beside Brightwater Lake for a strange woman to lob a scimitar at her, that’s how real monarchs gain their title.

11 Likes

Roll your eyes all you want, you can’t pretend they haven’t been trying to squeeze her in every chance they’ve gotten regardless of how appropriate her presence is. Hell she shouldn’t have even been present for this questline.

19 Likes

Not if you’re Calia, apparently. She’s apparently throwing that Menethil weight around.

1 Like