Calia is Queen now apparently

So if you haven’t seen it yet as it only shows up on Horde side Calia has now been referred to as Queen in quest text imagine a LOT of Horde players are just gonna “love” this. :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

17 Likes

I need to personally apologize to Sylvanas. I’m sorry sis, I didn’t know how good we used to have it

81 Likes

Seems likely to just be an intern writing quest text and somebody missed it.

4 Likes

As someone who has played both sides for years…I really don’t get the hate for Calia. It just kind of baffles me.

52 Likes

Just to save clicking the link:

12 Likes

Yeah this does kind of read like a mistake that wasn’t caught internally.

9 Likes

Her head should be on a pike outside Brill.

57 Likes

Im fine with this, i want kings and queens in my fantasy game. I dont like that the blizz has been replcing the rulers with councils as the rulling parties, the more kings queens warchiefs supreme commanders the better

31 Likes

I mean…

Technically she is the daughter of the dead king, so…

The thing is: Being queen doesn’t mean she is in charge of the Forsaken. There are plenty of monarchies where the king/queen reigns, but doesn’t govern. The UK is a famous example.

31 Likes

Nah this is what I think of Monarchies

4 Likes

The Forsaken were part of the Horde. They shouldn’t havea problem with it.

1 Like

The Forsaken are part of the Horde, fixed it for ya.

14 Likes

*Brother

Arthas became King after killing his father and then rose his people into Undeath

3 Likes

Technically not, since nobody crowned him and I don’t recall him wearing a crown until he did the whole Lich King thing, in which he was sovereign of a whole different area.

The throne of Lordaeron has gone unsat since he killed his dad.

18 Likes

I meant king Terenas, the last actual king of Lordaeron.

Arthas doesn’t count, he wasn’t crowned with the crown of Lordaeron, he crowned himself with a funny bucket he found in a block of ice lol

18 Likes

While I definitely get the desire not to see a faction or race implement a parliamentary system in a fantasy world, IMO councils are fine because they’re fairly ahistorical in that they didn’t tend to exist for large kingdoms and states in our real world so having them adds a little to the fantasy feeling. Not that there’s anything wrong with those councils being made up of kings and queens.

Especially in the context of a grand alliance between disparate kingdoms which is what both the Horde and Alliance exist as. Having an overall ruler seems odd when it would challenge the authority and subordinate kings/queens and kingdoms to that alliance. Sure an overall commander for military operations makes sense, someone who assumes that duty in war emergencies but as the Horde is not the old Horde anymore and doesn’t desire to be in a state of constant war and conquest like in the bad old days and apparently isn’t flitting from crisis to crisis and threat after threat as things were when the game started in Vanilla, it makes sense to not have one or not focus on having one from the player perspective.

2 Likes

*good old days.

Let’s send Calia on a diplomatic mission to the maw.

20 Likes

Sure, send Calia to the Maw.

She will befriend Good Sylvanas and then they will come back together and usher an era of goodness :smiley:

2 Likes

I was :zzz:

Now I :eye: :lips: :eye:

6 Likes

Well, the first one was a Banshee Queen. Not sure what to call this one. I am properly stumped.