Calia and the Forsaken

I’m pretty sure that Afrasiabi wrote Sylvanas as being worse than Garrosh so that people would hate her more, and he’d be better by comparison. That and he hates women and Sylvanas was a great target for his issues.

I think we need justice for Sylvanas and the Forsaken and Calia is not it.

5 Likes

That’s why I still think it should have been Lillian taking charge and not having her do a , I really don’t want to stance, turned into the one watching Calia.

But I also kinda get the whole Council aspect as well. Tbh we really haven’t done well with Warcheifs since Thrall stepped down.

Which that said, the reason I’m okay but not overly gung-ho about the Council it kinda makes sense a little bit because to me it becons twards anceint cultures feel with all the “tribes” having 1 council of members from each.

And with it being Horde , Horde feels more tribal in nature than Alliance does for example.

1 Like

I can accept this. Time for the Sylvanas redemption arc. And time to send Calia packing.

2 Likes

:face_vomiting: :dracthyr_no1: :dracthyr_no2:

I’m ready for it. I’m also convinced that after dealing with trees during DR that maybe Sylvanas was right.

1 Like

I would have been OK with this. She might have needed a little more setup with military and leadership stuff, but she really could have been the choice.

3 Likes

Exactly this.

If any Undead NPC it should be her.

Especially when played through her quests and seeing how far she’s come since then and to where she is now. Lillian has great potential once she finally realizes this.

4 Likes

You are putting into practice the whole dilemma of her journey. She is not accepted, she herself does not think she deserves to be where she is. And yet she does her best to be approved. It won’t be today or tomorrow, but little by little she tries to prove her worth and her place in the society of forsaken. Like all those enslaved by the Lich King, she is also a living legacy, or maybe, an undead legacy of Lordaeron.

2 Likes

LOL the actual Queen Elizabeth? What does that have to do with WoW?

In WoW Calia was skipped and sold off to some lord. She was never going to rule.

2 Likes

Calia is like some lady who grew up in a rich family but they’re all gone now and she’s alone, she was bummin’ around the country for a while but now she’s out of cash and her credit cards are maxxed out and she’s used up all her favors and doesn’t even know where her next meal will come from.

Then she heard about what was going on in her old digs and was like “ooooh… meal ticket…”

1 Like

Ordered to die by Garrosh, matter-of-fact.

You know who would’ve been the perfect leader of the Forsaken after Sylvanas that was set up in the lore to be precisely a good fit for that?

Bolvar Fordragon.

Players: We should abolish the faction divide!

Also Players: How dare you force an “alliance” leader on the forsaken!

To me, shoehorning in these newbie Calia and Derek people, then telling all of us “These are your new leaders” is the problem.

Really, grab pretty much any undead questing NPC from the past, promote them through various storytelling, then make them our new leader. That would be far, far better than… whoever these nobodies are.

Voss almost fits that bill, but she still seems to be polarizing.

Just make it Leonid Bartholamew or something.

Probably different players, to be fair.

The ones malding about Calia have made the Horde their personality and hate the fact that factions are irrelevant now.

edit: Exhibit A below.

1 Like

The only players wanting the faction divide removed are Alliance players, because they felt ashamed due to Hall of Fame being so lopsided.

There was zero call for cross-faction before Hall of Fame was added.

Like Gunther Arcanus.

There are a bunch of powerful Forsaken NPC’s. Sadly many were removed from the game in Cata or just left by the wayside.

And instead we get Alliance characters. Because Blizzard.

Meanwhile, Alliance players (who are pampered and catered to by Blizzard, at least in terms of the story, and always have been) have perfected the art of victimhood, knowing that the more they complain about how badly treated they are (even though the situation is quite the opposite), the more Blizzard will continue to cater to them.

Alliance players promoted “getting rid of factions” because they knew perfectly well that “no factions” means “everything is now written by, for, and about the Alliance”.

Which is what we have now (and in Shadowlands, and in Legion, and for the most part in BfA when it was all about helping Magni attend Azeroth’s woons).

The last story written for Horde players was in Wrath. Wrath was a long time ago.

Sure bud

And Alliance players wonder why we want nothing to do with them.