Calia and the Forsaken

You are absolutely right. She did nothing, even though she broke free by her willpower while others were still dominated, and in her free will planned and almost succeeded at assassinating Arthas. She may as well not even have existed!

No you have a point. It should be deleted. I want the entire scenes erased from WC3 games.

I’m going to write an extensive letter of disapproval to Ion and INSIST that any mention of it in the wiki be removed and replaced with a large image of Illidan in all his scar-loving beauty. That’s the way it should have been. Always.

:triumph:

1 Like

Sad. The ‘players’ that would do this would push on a pull door.

Gnomes got everything they could have wanted out of BfA. Their lore was expanded in a meaningful way, their leader took over another group of gnomes without any muss or fuss and they got an entire gnome themed island to play around in… What did the Forsaken get? We lost our leader, we lost our home and we the players were treated like garbage for playing the Horde and especially for being Forsaken.

The writing is bad and we got NOTHING for our troubles. On top of that Calia comes in, and is basically a Human in beliefs and actions and we’re supposed to just erase our identity as characters and players and just suck it up and accept Light Forged Barby as our one and true savior? Yeah, give me a break.

Blizzard screwed up with BfA and SL and Calia, they need to fix it.

2 Likes

players who hate sylvanas are hated by those who hate sylvanas been this way since the last head of the games story tried to assassinate her character.

1 Like

Meanwhile the players who like Calia I guess don’t exist.

:sob:

1 Like

if you support calia you are not welcome on the horde. shes clearly and alliance sympathizer like baine who we hate as much as her.

2 Likes

Such an alliance sympathizer she avoided the alliance navy while going to the Horde council meeting.

:rofl:

1 Like

Anyway going to drop this here really great video discussing Sylvanas and how Blizzzard let a serial abuser ruin her :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

8 Likes

watched that

1 Like

I don’t mind Calia, conceptually, but the fact that they were seemingly prepping her to be the new queen, no questions asked, and no character development beyond “i’m dead now” was a big nope. It’s a good thing they backtracked

She’s fine as a desolate council-member, and it would make sense that they would send her as a representative to the horde council (in a pragmatic sense, she projects a good image and the forsaken need that right now).

They really just need to show her interacting with the other council members, and deferring to them sometimes, besides just Voss. Because it feels like she’s just unilaterally making decisions on behalf of the forsaken with Voss in the corner smiling and nodding. Perhaps a leftover of the “She was meant to be queen” thing

It feels like she exists as she does at all, because they couldn’t be bothered to salvage Sylvanas. They threw Sylvanas under the bus with her own story arch because they couldn’t write the super complex and deep pragmatic character they wanted, so they made her a villain, and then copped out on it with the “i was actually missing the good part of my soul the entire time, i’m good now” bit. But it didn’t actually undo anything she did.

So they have the “i was good and pure the WHOLE time” Calia now to take the reins while Sylvanas sits on ice indefinitely.

5 Likes

calia should have never been killed and sylvanas should never have been written into a villain by a guy who litterally was sued and got fired because how he treated and viewed women.

2 Likes

That video is amazing. Wow, that just blew my mind, just wow.

She put it into better words than I could have. She completely encapsulated how I feel about the bad writing and my frustration towards Blizzard for mistreating WoW and the characters and the fans.

That video is just incredible. That should be mandatory watching for the writers.

3 Likes

Nah, the Alliance definitely exists.

What if I play both? :smile:

1 Like

It’s how you identify. And you all defending her are doing it for the Alliance.

At least I’m not a male human paladin doing it. I’m a level 10 forum alt on A52. :smile:

True, at the very least, lol.

What? How so?

In Cataclysm, she was doing what she was best known for which was fighting dirty against the enemy like in WC3 how she took Lordaeron from the Dreadlords.

She was ordered to by Garrosh.

Sylvanas had not signed on with The Jailer until Legion when she was made Warchief.

And she was not told to feed him souls until after the Argus world soul broke The Arbiter.

2 Likes

Following the orders of a genocidal leader even if they’re wrong…

I suppose she could’ve just said genocidal leader use her people as cannon fodder which is exactly what was happening before she arrived on the scene to take over the invasion.

1 Like