Buying a boost

Not sure if trolling or what but the “boosting” that people say is ruining the game is paid progression boosting (m+, arena, raid carries)

Opinions vary, and the old saying about what they are good for applies for everyone. That said, this is a public forum for discussion, and it should be a given that any one of us can convey a viewpoint…and if it’s done in a civil manner, opposing views should also be comported the same way. A retort can be made without resorting to ‘hand slapping’.

For myself, I look at it this way; I have already leveled two characters to 60, and am working on a third…so I can honestly claim to have thoroughly endured the “leveling experience”. While several posters here have estimated that it only takes four hours to so so, and others claim as much as half a day, my languid style of play would have me agreeing with the latter. At this point, it would be cheaper to buy the boost for any other alts I might be interested in getting to 60…because time really IS money.

Quests aren’t bad; the leveling concept is what’s outdated.

If you have already leveled the better part of 100 characters what else do you need to level?

How much is your time worth? If paying for a boost, either by blizzard, or buying high ilvl stuff off AH or paying gold to other players (via tokens) makes it worth it to you, then so be it, do it.

Personally, I am torn by this. One part of me thinks any kind of boosting slowly erodes and destroys the game.

Another part thinks if it keeps people playing, especially if they have leveled a character from 1-60 already and don’t want that grind again, then ok. If you want to become a whale and pay for others to carry you for higher gear, then…ok.

In TBC the boost gets you past content that has been played and is dead. In Retail I have no idea what kind of stuff they have changed now with the level squish and zone normalization…

WoWs end game is what people like and the level grind is fun the first play through so long as there are plenty of players.

They’re not. I asked this X question awhile back. Something about boosting then carrying…or boosting just to get friends carried? Or in a m+… idk :woman_shrugging:

Personally I like questing, but if you’re headed straight for end game I don’t get it either.

I’ve boosted another bmhunter(main) cuz I already knew the class, but if it’s a new class I’d rather start from the beginning.

Any way. I guess boosting has become synonymous with carries.

If I may ask out of curiosity, what is the level of gear given to a level 60 boosted character? I can’t find that information online.

Clark made a thread explaining what you get when boosting.

I paid $60 for a level 60 boost, so I can tell you what it provides - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Thanks for the link!

So…ilvl 148 gear? Anyone level boosting their alts will need to have their main set aside any appropriate gear they find too, so the world quest mobs don’t roflstomp them…

1 Like

Don’t waste your money. Buy a better game with that money instead.

I think you are confusing character boosting with buying gear carries. No one really gives a damn if you buy a character boost (well maybe some will see you as giving money to that evil corporation) but many do have a problem with people buying raid carries for loot.

Geez, I haven’t done it in so long. I imagine it would just be in the store. There’s a page for all that store stuff.

Delete below. Read your question wrong. I think to the level of the boost. Like when I boosted my toon to level 60 way before level squish it was 60 gear - top of the line I guess.

Maybe that’s the problem? Never was until this carry business

I’d look it up, but just waiting for my coffee to brew up so I’ll leave the goggling to you. Just WoW store I’d imagine…even on the site when you log in if you’re still playing.

Not worth it, but then again, it’s your money.

I still have 2 level 50 boosts from previous expansions lol.

I just don’t seem to do the alt thing anymore since WoD.

(Seems the streamlined them, used to be a level 46 and 50)

The WoW store’s site/page was the first place I looked. The only thing it mentioned about the gear provided with the 60 boost was that it would be “level appropriate”. I think even they were too embarrassed to admit it was only ilvl 148.

1 Like

I’d rather buy boots.

I remember being satisfied with the gear…this was early bfa. Just felt I had to gear up just like at the beginning of any expansion.

Not sure why this is a surprise or others actually expected renown with it.

Also, still unclear why a boost means anything to anyone else. The carry thing is what is, but doesn’t have anything to do with boosts.

My issue with the boost is that the starting package is kind of subpar. The gear is rather low, the bags only 22 slot, only a few hundred gold and you don’t get any help with anima or renown. I would have expected at least green quality gear from Korthia and 30 slot bags.

163 Gear
30 Slot Bags
5k Anima
10 Renown
2k Gold

That would have made it much more attractive and none of it would have been game breaking at all.

:cookie:

2 Likes