Button bloat in out of control

Yup big time agree. Most (not all) classes need a reduction in the amount of buttons they need to press for their standard rotation.

Also anybody arguing against this who uses macros and/or addons to help automate button presses… bros I fully challenge you to play with none of that and hit every single thing manually lol that in itself showcases the problem at large.

A lot of button necessity also gets massively toned down if the sheer number of mechanics in nearly every pull gets reduced as well. I’m not sure why packs need a million interrupts and things happening constantly. This has been talked about to death by even high end players and it’d be more interesting and fun gameplay to have fewer more meaningful mechanics. (also some classes just have like… no interrupts and others have a bunch plus aoe stuns and stuff? what?)

1 Like

Depends on if you’re ST or AoE for MM…

Mandatory M+ buttons for MM (not counting macros) → hunters mark, steady shot, aimed shot, arcane shot, rapid fire, kill shot, death chakram, multishot, volley, salvo, explosive shot, frost trap (mandatory this week, always an extra interrupt), counter shot, tranq shot, disengage, trueshot, survival of the fittest, exhilaration, fortitude of the bear. AND you almost always end up hitting turtle, cheetah, and will often use binding shot and/or tar trap not to mention warlock cookies and potions…

soooooooo to my count that’s 19+ buttons you will ALWAYS use unless you’re only doing baby keys or you have some kinda gigahealer situtation.

idk why people think marks is 5 buttons lol plus you need to stand still for every aimed shot you take which is your primary skill… like the crazy thing is MM’s buttons are still far fewer than other classes and specs. it’s super clear that there’s just too many buttons in general in this game right now for most classes. hard to argue that not being the case.

No they don’t. People just need to stop making excuses and put some time into improving.

I don’t think you understand how macros work. No one is using automated button presses. It’s against tos.

I played arcane mage in 10.0. Literally the hardest rotation in the game to play at the time.

Like who?

Because at it’s core rotation it is.

And complaining about having to stand still? MM is the second most
Mobile ranged caster and can move while casting steady shot and rapid fire.

You clearly have never played a caster.

1 Like

Hello. Rank 3 US enh in raid during 10.1.5 (means nothing in the grand scheme of things).

I press all my own buttons manually. You have no point.

3 Likes

I hate on-use trinkets…

1 Like

They actually just complained about MM not being mobile.

I’m hoping they are trolling.

2 Likes

Only class that I’ve ever felt has too many buttons is druid… but that’s to be expected given it’s concept/design to be so versatile. And I would never want Blizzard to cut down abilities just because of one class whose very concept and design will always lead to it having quite a large amount of buttons.

And yeah, first thing I do when I get into a new MMO is go straight to keybindings and change them to fit my playstyle/setup.

The point is I shouldn’t need more than 36 key binds . I probably shouldn’t need half of that. How do you even begin to balance this in PvP and PvE?

Yep. There is no default setting for everyone.

Some people use a 12345 setup.

Some use the awd setup

Some use the sef setup

Or you’re like me and use the AD and move with mouse setup.

I had 96 binds on rogue in Cata for pvp. It’s not half as bad now.

I could care less about pvp but they were balancing it just fine before Aug came in - different topic though.

Imgur

I have no issue with moonkin and some 20 spells using modifier key macro. After all it puts the boom in the moonkin

I agree. Anything that is required to make your class useful, such as Tiger’s Fury and Roll the Dice should not be on a short time and short cooldown. Mashing globals every 20 seconds to maintain usefulness is bad design and acts more like an irritant than something you enjoy.
Clicking roll the bones is annoying. I could be slapping something with a cool sword instead.

As a fellow MM hunter.

Trueshot makes aimshot like ~1 sec (maybe less) of a cast, which means we’re still able to side step inbetween aimed shots.

Rapidfire is going to be our core ability once we get our tier set and its going to pump while being massively mobile.

MM is one of the most mobile classes around while being able to maintain decent dps. (all of our other abilities are instant cast, IE explosive shot, volley).

So you’re only job is to not interrupt ONE ability (aimed shot).

Yes, I consider MM to be fairly simple spec and I love it.

That man is trippin.

1 Like

I also have experience on hunter so when I read that I was in shock. Lol

1 Like

Play on a k/m for a couple weeks and it will become second nature. It just takes familiarity. Just take it slow for those two weeks and get used to it. You will be happier.

I beg your pardon? That is about one of the rudest statements I’ve ever seen on this forum and makes anything else you say unimportant in my books… insulting the majority of players just because they are not the cream of the crop, which is definitely the minority.

I can promise you that if the average players all unsubbed, this game would go down like the titanic.

The don’t make rules for games harder to cater to the l33t, either. This is a game people PAY TO PLAY.

It should NOT cater to the top 1-5%.

I am logged into Guild Wars 2 right this second. I have 10 skills I can use. 9 of them have cooldowns.

This is nothing more than a troll thread as all button bloat threads are.

The game is designed to where it CAN BE customized, not TO BE customized. There is a difference. Just like cars, homes, clothing, food, anything else you PURCHASE in life.

The top tier raiders are the minority in this game. There are all ages and mindsets playing this game and it should be fully functional right out of the box without your customizations. Those are OPTIONAL not MANDATORY for full capability in playing.

You can write macros? Good for you, not everyone can. You think writing macros is easy? Great, not everyone does and some just don’t even delve into that part of “technology.” You like pounding every key you have? Awesome, not everyone is into that. It should not take jumping through hoops to make the game fully functional.

As a BM hunter, I have very vew macros and none of them are for rotation. That’s how it should be. Available but not necessary.