Button bloat in out of control

Please reduce buttons. Specifically feral Druid. Needs like a 50% reduction in buttons minimum. Pretty much every class need a massive reduction

33 Likes

Which buttons?

4 Likes

You don’t need to use every option you have. They’re choices, not requirements.

18 Likes

Play a demonhunter, hunter, ret pally, they’re like a 2-3 button rotation.

6 Likes

Get better at writing macros.

As Affliction I have one DPS key basically. Then one button for each curse, a cast sequence for life drain or health funnel, another for mortal coil, another for fear. The fear, mortal coil and curse macros are all setup on modifiers for target, focus and mouseover.

So basically I’m on 12 keys on my naga. Nothing else needed really. Cooldowns are on shift.

1 Like

I’m glad there are lots of buttons. Legions worse aspect was classes were to pruned. It felt weird having more buttons in classic than retail.

15 Likes

No, it’s not out of control. We don’t need any pruning of anything.

15 Likes

Please prune like 50% of these useless abilities. It’s getting outrageous. I shouldn’t need to consult with chatgpt or get a degree in macro writing to be able to play the game…

5 Likes

Where are you seeing all these buttons for feral? Only seeing about 7 total with FF

https://www.wowhead.com/guide/classes/druid/feral/rotation-cooldowns-pve-dps

Looks like 4 abilities make the bulk of your damage
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/v4Ph7GMnLJ8TKw1q#fight=4&type=damage-done&source=59

5 Likes

Class tree mini cooldowns are the worst, and usually you can’t escape them by switching spec.

4 Likes

Macros are not hard to write.

You have essentially two commands for casting.

1. cast: cast one spell
  2. castsequence: cast multiple spells

Then you have conditionals

1. ctrl
  2. alt
  3. shift

Then you have the unpressed conditionals

1. noctrl
  2. noshift
  3. noalt

Now you combine them to do things like this

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Fear; [mod:alt, @focus] Fear; [mod:shift, @mouseover] Fear

#showtooltip

/castsequence [nomod, nochanneling] reset=target/combat Agony, Corruption, Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul, Drain Soul; [mod:alt, @cursor] Vile Taint, Seed of Corruption, Seed of Corruption, Seed of Corruption
/cast [nomod, nochanneling] Haunt

What the above macro will do is go through the affliction dot spells until it channels drain soul twice then repeats. If the player presses alt it will cast vile taint at the cursor location and then cast seed of corruption 3 times.

It will use haunt on cooldown if no modifier is pressed.

6 Likes

have you taken all passives in the tree ?

things that enhance damage on long CDs can be bypassed…

start with all passives and work back with a dps addon like Hekilli.

Oh look another button bloat thread.

:popcorn:

6 Likes

I agree, just because a keyboard has a ton of buttons on it doesn’t mean we should be making use of them all. Honestly 1 2 3 4 5 is the only buttons that are within most peoples comfort of reach sure there can be added utility with keybinding but then we are discussing customizing an experience away from the original. I think from a game design perspective the default should always be the thing that is assumed being used and design be around that. If people want to make their gameplay easier by utalizing other things then ignore them when they say the game is too easy. They are the ones that shot themselves in the foot.

3 Likes

seriously?

2 Likes

Agreed - that’s exactly why I play ret Paladin; super easy.

I’ve been playing my feral druid through the dream and am not seeing this load of button bloat.

1 Like

Leave me alone.

12 Likes

Yes I actually enjoy pressing buttons which is why I play a rogue to press more buttons more faster.

3 Likes

Have you considered playing one of those typing test games, They let you press all the buttons. literally. It’s kind of the point.

Just kidding, I’m pressing your buttons… turns out I enjoy doing that some too.

4 Likes