Button bloat in out of control

inaccurate, thats just how it’s done because default is expected because people like to use it.

You could just as easy make it so all buttons have no bindings except the key to put you into the bindings menu. Forcing a person to set their bindings before they can play.

The fact that there isn’t an easy spec that is comparable to BM hunter is sad. While I don’t think other classes/specs need pruning. There definitely needs to be more spec options for people who do want easy specs or have disabilities.

Every person i know who plays WoW with a disability are playing BM hunter, not because they like the class but because there are simply no other options.

1 Like

You’re never pressing this many buttons all at once.

Then the default is none. That’s still a default setting.

None by definition does not exist, if the default is none it means the default does not exist.

I wouldn’t say there’s button bloat (for most specs) so much as there is just redundant / unnecessary spells that I would love to see replaced with more indepth mechanics.

For example…

Affliction Warlock has Unstable Affliction and Haunt. Haunt is just a weak clone of UA. It doesn’t need to exist. Instead, Haunt could be replaced with the ability to muli-dot UA across multiple targets, like in PVP.

This removes a bind, but doesn’t lower the APM of the spec. And in my opinion adds a level of complexity.

But specs like UH DK is just outright button bloat.

1 Like

Oi! Ret is 4 thank you very much. Lol

Rephrasing: the default would be unbound.

No. Not every class. And when playing Druid, remember. A feral Druid can do anything a rogue can with only twice the buttons! Been that way for years

Indeed, at this point there is a button bloat thread bloat.

Blizz pliz prune the button bloat threads!

1 Like

Which would still be greatly different from having a bound default, By choosing to have a bound default you are saying the game is designed to play with these keys, by choosing to not have a bound default you are sending a message that says the game is intended to be a customized experience.

Actually it’s far more accurate to say it’s expected people will customize and not use the default settings.

But the point is that the way it is configured out of the box is the default settings. Doesn’t matter what way that happens to be.

The ability to edit isn’t necessarily there, and has to be added in intentionally. And given how many other UI/UX customization options wow shipped with, you’d think the devs intended them to be used.

I would like to see the numbers, but I doubt that is the expectation. I personally however expect that the average player does not use addons, or bind their keys. If they use addons it’s extremely limited and only those their guild forces onto them. But without an actual poll or blizzard records its impossible to say. However we can make an assumption based on how we see people play in the game and I’ve seen a lot of behavior that looks like keyboard turning to me.

I think the best compromise for both sides is more choice node talents where you can choose between an active and passive ability.

1 Like

This might be one of the worst takes I’ve seen in a while

2 Likes

Evoker isn’t that hard to play, you guys have few buttons as is. Aug is like easier than BM hunter.

I’m unclear where you’re going with this. No ones rotation involves “pushing all the buttons at the same time.”

What does “all at once” have to do with “required keybinds?”

There are ~14 rotation-only buttons not counting trinkets and potions required for Feral and it’s pretty unlikely that you’d go through a dungeon without pressing everything.

There are 14+ utility-only buttons and you are probably using almost all of them in any key that’s of appropriate challenge, and more for the afflicted / incorp weeks.

Where did I say anything about Evoker?

Honestly, if they do ever go forward with bringing this game to a console and expect us to use a gamepad. A reduction in button bloat for many classes is needed. Even with a mouse and keyboard a Druid is quite bloated. So yes, bring on a reduction.

2 Likes