Button bloat in out of control

No pruning, hush

Repeat after me, having an opinion beyond your own isn’t trolling. Now write it down on a piece of paper until you believe it.

3 Likes

This is the world we live in, where everybody who doesn’t hold the same opinions as you is either a troll or a Russian bot.

1 Like

Nope, this is trolling. Weeks on end where low post accounts are making the same thread, sometimes daily.

Ever consider there is people coming to the forums that don’t typically that are finding it to be problematic? I can’t say I’m fond of how many buttons there is to keep up with on some of the classes myself. Does that mean I’m a troll too?

Ok? I know it’s a video game.

Entertainment is subjective. Just like fun is subjective.

Never claimed it was a sport.

The world is a competitive place in all aspects.

Stop trying to dumb down the game because you aren’t good at it.

No they don’t. They already have different difficulties. If you can’t handle that then find a plug and play game.

MMORPGs aren’t the genre for you.

Your post here is actually reportable fyi. Different opinioins isn’t trollng as you think

View the OP post history. Half of their posts are topics about button bloat and basically nothing else.

for real.

for me it is especially bad on restoration druid

especially with mouseover healing alt mod macros to fit more things onto my keybinds is so incredibly clunky. many spells won’t even function with mouseover functionality after they’ve been modded into a macro.

there are choices in the talent tree which I cannot take because there is no way to fit it onto my 12 button map.

Ever consider it’s something they are passionate about? Sure perhaps if they make multiple posts it becomes spam but that’s not trolling.

1 Like

It’s not. OP is trolling.

Based on what evidence? A quick skim of their post history just shows me they are an opinionated person but nothing pushes the boundaries to trolling.

Multiple topics in multiple forums all about the same thing isn’t trolling?

Okay.

No, that is spam which is different from trolling.

Too many buttons? U mean too many spells to be assigned to a device (such as a keybaord) ? I don’t get it, If you many spells u feel u need to use - its not button problem - its a how you play problem

List them.

5 keys, shift modifier makes it 10 keys, ctrl modufier makes it 15 keys, alt modifier makes it 20 keys. Add in q, e, r, which are just as easily accessible and you’ve got 32 keys, most gaming mouses have 2 buttons on the side, we’re at 40 keys. What spec in the game requires more than 40 keybinds?

1 Like

I’m looking at my xbox controller. It has (at my count) 14 buttons plus the two analog sticks.

The vast majority of games I play utilize all of those buttons, often combinations of those buttons, and even pretty frequently a combination of using 1 button to open a menu to activate a number of actions in game.

So its fine for console games, but for WoW on a keyboard it is ‘too much’ for you when classes have more than 4 buttons?

Couldn’t disagree more with this idea.

1 Like

Things every Feral should have on their bar with a hotkey in M+:

Rotation

• Berserk
  • Feral Frenzy
  • Convoke (debatable)
  • Tigers Fury
  • Rake
  • Shred
  • Brutal Slash
  • Rip
  • Bite
  • Primal Wrath
  • Prowl
  • Moonfire
  • Heart of the Wild
  • Moonkin form /w it’s own bar that includes wrath, starfire, starsurge, moonfire, sunfire

Non-raid buff Utility

• Skull Bash
  • Soothe
  • Typhoon
  • Vortex
  • Regrowth
  • Rebirth
  • Dash
  • Stampeding Roar
  • Incap Roar
  • Wild Charge
  • Barkskin
  • Survival Instincts
  • Bear Form
  • Travel Form
  • Natures Vigil (optional)
  • Renewal (optional)
  • Remove Corruption or Hibernate (on select weeks)

Not counting potions or trinkets that may or may not be appropriate to macro, ooc res and mark can be done without a keybind. Maybe innervate can be done without a keybind if you’re using a focus macro.

Yeah, it’s a lot of buttons.

Personally I think the bigger problem with Ferals is that the game doesn’t tell the players that bleeds are empowered by stealth or Tiger’s Fury or Blood Talons, so it’s not really possible to play the spec correctly without the use of addons.

2 Likes

It’s quite a bit easier to navigate a controller then it is a mouse and keyboard. Not to mention console games are often designed keeping in mind the timing it takes to press those buttons.