Button Bloat from the Perspective of a Middling Player

The last time Blizzard took a shot at so called “button bloat” they arrived at the decision to remove so much from the game that it felt like I was playing Diablo™.

Not a fan of them removing abilities in this game.

1 Like

Wish they’d bring mana burn back.

Was a great counterbalance to overpowered casters back in the day. Removing it was one of the reasons casters became overpowered (back in the day) and melee were buffed. I’d go so far as to say the removal of mana burn was the root cause of the arms race we got between melee and casters.

Yep, precisely. If you’re pulling enough of your weight, then the way you’re playing is viable for your enjoyment. And all classes at a base level are capable of doing LFR / Flex with sub-optimal choices lol.

1 Like

The performance expectation of LFD/LFR as a DPS is basically “don’t be AFK”.

2 Likes

You forgot WW/Odyns Fury/Dragon roar which are all part of the rotation

No they dont. You just macro that to current abilities.

I have raided as a BM hunter and Fury warrior.

BM is by far the easier spec.

Yet most of the people asking for pruning are un successful at the game and there was such an uproar that they brought abilities back.

The new talent trees are enjoyed by the majority of the playerbase.

Not sure baking that into regular attacks is a good thing in pvp. Maybe for a few abilities, but often I’d put a pet on one player while I attack someone else. Would be kinda weird having my pet on the same target as me all the time.

I played Mage and a small smattering of lowish level alts from pretty early in Vanilla on, and…what we have now is not bloat.

Think the op disappeared from this thread ages ago and people are just yapping at this point.

2 Likes

You still can have it macroed to some abilities freeing up that bind. As a BM hunter you dont want to swap targets with your pet unless youre stopping drinks because a big chunk of your damage is from your pet.

Do you not understand how BM does damage?

1 Like

Yes, there is that, but we’re talking about buttons.

BM is the easiest ranged, that’s for sure, just press buttons, don’t think too much.

WW is on AoE only, every 4 attacks. Rest is on CD, no thought required, not a part of the rotation per se.

In all likelihood it’s probably the same person that makes weekly (ish) “button bloat bad” posts, considering OP just joined squints yesterday, and has only ever made this one post.

3 Likes

No it isnt. Its used in ST too.

Same with BMs cooldowns LOL

Have you ever played either class above a heroic level?

Button bloat is a spec-by-spec issue and is not a game-wide problem.

My Brewmaster has too many buttons (as does every Brewmaster).

My bear Druid does not.

1 Like

Current talent system allows you to pick up more passives than the MoP talent grid.

I would argue that is where a lot of hidden complexity comes from. That causes overlap with additional active talents that can seem overwhelming.

For most players that liked mostly passive talents with the MoP talent system you can pick up more passives in DF and see a lot less decline in performance.

Basically to sum it up:

MoP lower floor for passives and lower ceiling for active talent usage.

DF higher floor for passives and higher ceiling for active talent usage.

Current DF system makes using active talents rewarding again while not punishing players that prefer passive talents and want to reduce key binds.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

That’s true for some cases, like DH no mover builds.

But imagine playing frost mage without glacial spike. You would be noticeably underperforming.

I was thinking they all believe controllers are stil the old 1 button Atari Joysticks

1 Like

It’s a developer failure in many cases.

They made a half-hearted attempt to reduce button bloat on my spec, in 10.1.5. But then they chickened out at the last moment and made most of the new options suck.

4 Likes

In +20s or Heroic Fyrakk, maybe.

In LFD/LFR? no.