Button Bloat from the Perspective of a Middling Player

I do have the same bar setup for every class.

Qwer sdf zxcv 123

All with shift control and alt mods

My guess is people aren’t using macros and modifiers.

4 Likes

Yes the majority of raiders do, but raiders are not 100% of the player base. So if your talking about averages and above averages for raiders… its a lot different than talking about the average or above average player (general). The two are not the same.

It’s called Ahead of the Curve for a reason if it wasn’t challenging and was something that half or more than half the community accomplished it would be called “Dead Center of the Curve”.

6 Likes

Dang that’s expensive. I got mine for 65k lol.

If you’re using raiding and mplus to say you’re above average then you’re being conpared to the raider playerbase.

I don’t think people who don’t raid factor in to the average of what the raiding playerbase is.

Seen them go for 80ish k on area 52

That was the price I was seeing about a month ago on Thrall, maybe month and a half. I was surprised when I checked again and the guy said 65k. I was like sure why not.

That was just an advertised price I saw. I haven’t needed one so I could probably get it lower.

I’m only playing two toons next tier unless our sales runs need a specific class.

1 Like

So this is based on relative statistics within the raiding community, but not the overall playerbase got it. Didn’t know which one you were referring to.

It’s based on the entire playerbase via tracked achievements. Someone just did all the work of adding everything to a spread sheet and pointed it on Reddit.

I like it when sweats pretend they’re casual.

I like when people think being a casual is based on game ability when it’s about time played.

They always have the best excuses for their lack of success.

“I can only do LFR because I’m a casual!!!”

Yep that’s TOTALLY the reason you can only do LFR :joy:

Running 20+ keys is not average. Not on any scale. Neither is running Heroic raids. It’s quite organized and dedicated. But again, sweaties don’t like admitting they’re sweaties.

7 Likes

Considering many of us don’t do dungeons and raids at all, their performance is indeed above average.

True, especially being on 52. I haven’t been in the raiding scene in years. Part of me wouldn’t mind getting back into it. I’m not sure I want to commit to a schedule again lol.

Do you know the name of the post so I can google it? I know posting outside links is almost impossible for a good chunk of the community.

Just here for the :popcorn:

2 Likes

For the people that are actually good at the game 20 keys are average.

Heroic raids are the most common raids done with the highest participation numbers.

Mythic is organized. You can still be casual and get CE.

Just like bad players don’t like admitting they are bad.

1 Like

Clearly reading is above average too.

I already stated that the minority of players that do do group content aren’t a factor in the statement.

Try to keep up.

Look for a 1 night/wk raiding guild. There’s plenty of time in a season to get AotC. The trickier part may be finding people you can tolerate raiding with.

3 Likes

Or, as may be the case for some people, finding a group that will tolerate them.

3 Likes