Button Bloat from the Perspective of a Middling Player

It looks more like it’s the content you’re doing that’s the cause of your “button bloat” as M+ is pretty much focused on speed.
Perhaps, just for M+, you should play a class like Hunter or Frost Mage.

With such a broad player base, my performance is undoubtedly above average.

that was his quote and they are not wrong in that aspect in the playerbase a whole they are correct in the fact that they are above avg. are they an above avg raider? my personal feeling say no but statistically they are. are they an above avg m+ player. yes 100%

3 Likes

They main ret paladin.

1 Like

You dont include the entire player base when factoring in average for peopel doing said content.

Anything sub 3k is not above average considering this is an extremely inflated season for mplus

yes it is above avg. im starting to think you have no idead what the term average actually means

5 Likes

Ha! I’m in my 50’s and raid Cutting Edge every season on a Brewmaster. :laughing:

I know what the term means. You dont actually factor in the people that dont even play the game mode as it skews the stats.

Your wrists and fingers must hate you

And we love that! Congratulations :face_holding_back_tears: :clap: :cloud_with_rain: . Keeping doin u!

2 Likes

It’s not bad.

I had to stop playing Diablo 3, though. I always liked playing Barbarian but the Revenge build made my hands hurt after an hour of playing.

2 Likes

Thats rough. The closest experience to that I have is when I had a jackhammer fall on my ring finger. one surgery and 5 pins to fix the bone broken in 3 pieces later.

Trying to raid in BFA was absolute torture

even when you do factor people in that only do m+ he is above avg. like 2.9k is not the middle of the road. that is in the top 10-11% of io scores.

1 Like

I’m also goin for Ce but unfortunately resto druid is destroying my hands… so I might try with my evoker or holy priest. :face_holding_back_tears: anyway I still commend op! Period! :cloud_with_rain:

1 Like

i hope the best for you. i think i actually might get back into mythic again next expansion

1 Like

Many people have already responded to you going in to the detail behind what I meant, but I want to clarify that the intended meaning of my claim was that I am above average in terms of statistics only. I call myself a middling player in the title of the post, so I have no ego about my achievements.

I simply felt it was important context that my perspective is neither one of someone who plays casually (LFR and LFG) nor expertly (Mythic and 3200+).

The lead in of “with such a broad player base” was, as others have pointed out, to frame my claim in the context of a game where the majority of players do not even complete normal raids or progress past low keys.

I undoubtedly could PUG AotC and might well do so before the end of the season, but that is a rather meaningless data point. I claimed 6/9 heroic because that is what I was able to achieve with my guild, where I am the second highest DPS.

6 Likes

I can hunt down a video from Max of Liquid agreeing there’s too much defence and CC. From about a week ago. Or Venruki talking about the same in rated Arenas. I reckon they’re both pretty successful.

I don’t think people are asking for rotation to be reduced to plunderstorm levels. Nor are people asking for class flavour to be removed. People are saying there is a lot of overlap at times with abilities - and those could be looked at.

5 Likes

Go for it. I also said MOST for that specific reason.

People want WoD braind dead levels back. I like having multiple abilities as a lock to survive. I enjoy using my utility.

People want to have a 3 button rotation and very simple defensives because they arent good most of the time. They can play ret or bm if thats what they want

lololololol

You don’t even have KSH.

All the opportunities available for people to take advantage of, you don’t need to do so at all.

Like, your output is probably 25% of someone who “tries” which is about half or less of an actual good player.

It’s so insignificant to be complaining about button bloat when you don’t need to use so many abilities that you’re complaining about.

Cast sequence macros can also help alleviate bloat.

he’s a hidden activity troll, we need account wide ignore…