Burning Crusade Classic: The Dark Portal is Open!

Alright then this is going to be hard: Stand at the spawn point and right click the mob to ensure you get a tag.

Or use arrows or wands.

Oddly enough, the thing I missed most about retail when playing classic is the lack of multi-tagging and area loot.

Too many people in Eversong, I hate crowds lol.

tried that, a hunter or shaman would always get the tag before me and then go “oops, didn’t mean to steal your tag”

I’m a mage

don’t you need money for those?

Was going to play til’ I realized you guys are charging money to get a level 58. Going to pass on TBC just like Vanilla. I had some interest, but it’s really pointless to have to go through the entire leveling process just to get to TBC content.

Then I’m afraid you have no choice but to wait or fine someone who will group up

so wait for some indefinite time between an hour and the heat death of the universe.

Yes that’s how Classic works.

1 Like

Wait until the masses die off. At least half of people playing will not make it longer than a 30 minutes of trying to game.

1 Like

It’s not against the rules. But that doesn’t automatically exempt it from being griefing, if someone is deliberately doing it to keep you from getting a tag on something.

My theory is that people who use the word “entitled” as a slur are the entitled ones.

1 Like

Except, that’s clearly not what’s happening.

1 Like

I’d just like to thank the Classic community for raising the price of the WoW token to 192k today.

2 Likes

Pressing X to doubt.

1 Like

TBC prepatch reminded me of why I fell in love with WoW in the first place. Remember when a new xpac dropped and your character advanced and was added to? New talents, new abilities, new crafting professions, ect? Now a WoW xpac comes out and it is pruning, squishing, scaling, and adding temp items that we already know will all go away after the xpac.

3 Likes

You mean… characters had… progression? That’s crazy.

1 Like

But none of this is new, It’s 14 years old :frowning:

I do get what you are saying though, it did feel more meaningful back in the day. Though idk if the grind is worth giving up the QOL changes over the years. Having a quest take you 2 hours to complete vs 15 mins just based of how cluttered the zone is and who tags the mob first is not fun. I remember when Classic first launched and my Tauren Shaman was lining up with ~50 other characters waiting for Chief Sharptusk to spawn, get killed, respawn so the line moved 1 by 1. There were always people jumping in and tagging him lol and the group limit is 5 people when there are hundreds on the quest.

1 Like

You have new, worse grinds in retail. It’s not net QoL if you have maw dailies and renown grinding when you respec and conduit energy to slow your respec time and caps on soulash and caps on this and that and everything else.
It’s not QoL if they make the game a chore to play.

It’s hardly clear what’s happening. This is the internet, where people can post anything and others will flock to justify the worst behavior to give themselves an excuse to call other people “entitled”.

30 minutes?

I didn’t last 30 seconds. I saw the crowd and noped out.

1 Like

Excited to log in after work today. Gonna keep my old toon on Vanilla and start a new Draenei for TBC.